We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G29 - First Photo Leaked ? [ISR Review]

sti228

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they've officially introduced the G29 but the bigger surprise for me is that they've also introduced the G920 wheel for Xbox One :eek: At least for me, the logitech site shows a price of 450€ for both wheels. Thoughts? I'd love to get a proper XB1 wheel but that pricetag is a tad too high for me...

Same price as the G25 and G27 roughly when they launched except the shifter is now optional, I can see retailers bundling it all together in a few months tbh. Need to wait for reviews to see what the quality is all about and if it is on par with the previous wheels.

Hmm I remember saving a bit by paying $192 for a new G25 on ebay back ~2008. That price is getting pretty close to the Thrustmaster, although to date they've packaged theres' without a clutch pedal.

Recall that MS/Sony will not allow any wheel to work with both platforms. At best, you have to have two different (detachable) rims with the Sony/MS logo on it. For something as expensive and niche as a steering wheel it's absolutely bonkers.

Ok there's a good chance logitech is just recycling their old wheels putting a new chip in it and shipping it with a new name, so maybe you can trick the console into thinking your older wheel is compatible now that there will be a logitech driver.

Strange that the G920 says it works on PC but the G29 doesn't. I know many a PS4 player who would be outraged by this.

The video is pretty cool though. At first I thought the Audi and driver model looked quite Gran Turismo-y.

Am I the only one here who likes all the button spam on the wheel face? Utility! :drool: It's ugly as heck, sure, but the wheel is hardly the focus of my eyes when playing.

ideally you want the least amount of buttons as possible for mobility. That's one of the reasons I'd choose g25 over g27. I mean I don't know who throws their controller so far away that they have no access to it whatsoever while playing with a wheel.

Recall that MS/Sony will not allow any wheel to work with both platforms. At best, you have to have two different (detachable) rims with the Sony/MS logo on it. For something as expensive and niche as a steering wheel it's absolutely bonkers.

I have a Fanatec GT2 which works both with PS3 and X360 :hmmm:

So first to get a wheel that works on current-gen and PC will win, may not happen till the end of the year start of next if the patent info was right.

BTW notice the Tech Specs for the PS wheel say OR Windows, 8, 8.1 or Windows 7 ? (just like the Xbone/PC tech specs) :hmmm:

ideally you want the least amount of buttons as possible for mobility. That's one of the reasons I'd choose g25 over g27. I mean I don't know who throws their controller so far away that they have no access to it whatsoever while playing with a wheel.

Why didn't I think of that :mhmm:

Up until now I've always used my keyboard for other controls like menu navigation and the mouse for camera movement, which is kind of an uncomfortable business.

Err thanks for the idea

I'll just go now

:run:

• 2 weeks later...

Final conclusion: This steering wheel is ugly as hell (nuff said). No new technology and no technical improvements at all. No driving belt and no 1080 degrees of rotation.

Just my opinion: This steering wheel looks like more downgraded than updated. Forget it's too expensive !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...