We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed {DT} - General Discussion Thread

calster17

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a lets play video yesterday (gotta source it again since the guy had already 11 videos with gameplay of it), and its quite clear that the game have some heavy showing of community groups and youtubers as either npc racers, logos and race names. I was surprised to see a race with a interesting name.

"Sprint Race: Turbo Ducking"

well, i don't know if there's another community that has the same name as us, so its kind of neat to see that.

Love the whole atmosphere, the graphics are stunning and the sounds seem really good too. I just wish... it needs manual. I spent all my time in Underground 2 driving with a manual! *flaps*

I havent played it yet but from videos ive seen the sounds are not that impressive at all , Skyline or Supra sounds like crap Undergrounds had better sound for those...

in all seriousness now I do enjoy the game. I've played it for 3-4 hours yesterday, feels like a quality product which was missing from the previous games. Not really worth the price tag of $60 but it's a lot more fair than most recent titles. I dig the physics a lot, I think it's the best part of the game. If there should be template for arcade physics this should be it, feels very natural and rewarding. My only complaints so far are the graphics. I don't know what they were thinking but I'm pretty sure this much blur is not healthy for your eyes. I know they do it to cover up for the 720p but if you're on pc you should be fine I guess, I bought it on crapbox for reasons. Oh and you cannot turn off the driving line while racing which is annoying.

I'd say the handling is below arcade level as in they have created a whole new level of daftness and confusion.

It just feels really odd to me. Like the cars keep on turning after you've let go of the stick, not much but it's enough to make me keep crashing on the inside of corners all the time. Also have an issue with my Lotus where it simply doesn't respond to any steering inputs after a drift for a second or two. Drifting is just funny too. You have to go at full speed and start the drift feet away from the corner without braking otherwise you'll just hit the inside wall.

Never the less, it's still fairly enjoyable but I'm not sure how long for. Was on it for 2 hours and 30 mins earlier and I'm at 23% game completion already. :(

As with the beta I got used to the handling after a while and it is indeed fun. Not usually what I like but it's still enjoyable.

I'm not having any fps or connection issues but I do have problems with the sound. Every so often it sounds like my speakers are underwater and then it'll just go back to normal after a while on it's own.

Another couple of hours on it and I'm selling it next week. Should get £30+ back from it on ebay.

Slow cars are tolerable with their strange handling when the cars just stop turning and go straight on even when you're holding the stick(see video), cars carrying on turning after you've let go of the stick, cars getting stuck in the drift mode and crabbing down the road, cars doing a 90 degree turn on the spot at 150mph and a general lack of consistency. Slow cars aren't too bad but faster cars are terrible.

Modifications. The cars I've tried can hardly be modified, certainly not to the extent that we were led to believe. It appears that most of the customeised cars we've seen in media are the premade full body kits. The small selection of exhausts look terrible and they're the same for the BRZ (or Toyota/Scion version, yes, they're 3 separate cars in the game) and the Huracan and everything in between.

Performance mods are pretty much useless because no matter how fast your car is, the AI will be faster. Going around a corner at 100mph in a Huracan and a Golf overtakes me on the outside in a drift like I was hardly moving. The AI catchup also likes to shoot past at 200mph+ near the end of races. Most of the time if you crash into them mid corner to make them crash nothing happens, they're on rails. But if they crash into you... I'm sure you can guess.

You always start races about 50 to 100yards behind the rest of the cars. I think I've had one race where I started close to them. This is shown in the video too. Also, pay attention from 20 seconds onwards to see what I mean about the cars going straight on when turning. All the way through that corner I had the stick pushed fully to the right yet for some reason the front wheels randomly snap back straight mid corner and I just go towards the wall. Have to slow down a lot just to make it around the corner. Happens most races and usually more than once.

Another couple of hours on it and I'm selling it next week. Should get £30+ back from it on ebay.

Slow cars are tolerable with their strange handling when the cars just stop turning and go straight on even when you're holding the stick(see video), cars carrying on turning after you've let go of the stick, cars getting stuck in the drift mode and crabbing down the road, cars doing a 90 degree turn on the spot at 150mph and a general lack of consistency. Slow cars aren't too bad but faster cars are terrible.

you need to turn off assists.

• 2 weeks later...