We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed {DT} - General Discussion Thread

calster17

Am i the only on who saw this on the Speedhunters article...

DESIGN-WORK-KHYZYL-SHOT-800x533.jpg

what do you do when you have a brand new, factory-fresh car that needs some customization? Well, we have to design it!

I'd take a massive guess, but considering that paragraph and the fact that MX5 rendering has the Ghost logo on it...chances are the ND MX5 is in the game?.

Just a guess though, and I;m willing to bet Reb on this as well, be it DLC or on disc. ;)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New pics showing some new cars - Lambo Huracán, BMW M4 F82 and 991 GT3.

image_0.img.jpg

image_1.img.jpg

image_0.img.jpg

Regarding the BMW M3 E46:

Today we are incredibly pleased to confirm that not only will this car feature in Need for Speed but you will also be able to customise it, completing the look from the original Need for Speed Most Wanted.

But that’s not all! For those of you who pick up the Deluxe Edition you’ll gain early access to the car, ensuring it’s ready and waiting for you the moment you step into your garage. For those of you that do pre-order this edition you will also receive both the Performance Pack and the Styling Pack!

Within the Styling Pack is an exclusive Styling Sticker, Spoiler, RIMS, and Splitter, perfect for ensuring your car really stands out from the crowd. The Performance Pack contains various items, including; Performance Sticker, and early access to a High Performance Turbocharger, Engine Block, and Exhaust. Perfect if you’re looking to bag yourself a couple of early upgrades.

The Deluxe Edition also grants you access to additional in game items; exclusive wraps, unique identifying sticker and a 10% discount on all items using in-game currency.

image.img.jpg

I think if you get the deluxe edition you get it as soon as you start the game that's all, as it says above in tom's post 'early access to the car'.

Yeah, you'll get the Most Wanted version with the Deluxe edition, but you'll be able to build it to the same spec in the standard edition. That's how I understand the article.

can't we just agree not to have any story in racing games? It just doesn't work...

Anyway the gameitself looks promising looking forward to playing it

Feels like it's trying too hard, but they went really into the culture and "trends" (for the lack of a better word) and I like that approach and appreciate it. At least it's going to make the main persons (Walker, Nakai-San, etc.) even more popular and mainstream I guess...?

I saw a Diablo?

Yes, a Diablo. The guy and car were in a popular video about bosozoku.

I don't care about the history... as i said before, the only thing that concerns me about this game is the driving physics. If it's like all the previous NFS's, since Undercover-Hot Pursuit 2010, it's a baaaaaaad bad thing

nfshotpursuit1.png

Automatic drifting at 223km/h! Wow, it's awesome to not drive in a driving game! Come on game, drift it for me while i look cool!

If it has hot pursuit 2010 physics I'm fine with that, who cares about how realistic it is it's an arcade racer not a simulator. I mean some level of realism is okay but if it's arcade so be it.

My problem with the physics is not about being simulator or arcade, but about the real feeling of me driving. I played Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition for hours and hours, and that game is really far from simulators or realism, although, i got the feeling that i was the one driving, different than Hot Pursuit 2010, where i felt totally "disconnected" to the car. I was not driving, i was giving commands to a computer that can't understand what i want.

I don't care about the history... as i said before, the only thing that concerns me about this game is the driving physics. If it's like all the previous NFS's, since Undercover-Hot Pursuit 2010, it's a baaaaaaad bad thing

http://www.gamestop.ie/Views/Locale/Content/Images/ProductExtras/nfshotpursuit1.png

Automatic drifting at 223km/h! Wow, it's awesome to not drive in a driving game! Come on game, drift it for me while i look cool!

you'll be disappointed.

the only nfs that tried to be realistic was shift2

I enjoy arcade racers just as much as sim racers infact I enjoy them more in most cases. What I can't stand is the identity crises cases like the crew and tdu2.