We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

1...Make that 2 Million Hits !!

Eudemon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did it !! I had a feeling we would do it this month but I never guessed it would be almost a week early, yes the forum hits reached 1,000,000 in the early hours this morning and is still continuing to climb.

Combined with the rest of the site the total hits is about 1.4million. This is really exciting for us here at TDU Central as it means our name is getting out there and people are seeing us so lets hope we can continue on it and improve on it also.

Thanks all, we couldn't have done without all of you old and new members a like !

:monkeydance:

tduc-onemillionhits-mar07.gif

Cheers !

:excited:

np to me, this site is my homepage xD

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just looked at the stats for January 2008 and we very nearly hit the 2 million mark again, it was 1.9million so interest is peaking again, must be all the musings and rumours regarding TDU2.

So far this month we are 300,000 hits averaging 50-70,000 hits a day ! Bandwidth is verging on 10Gb a month and I dread to think what will happen when we start with the site and also when TDU2 info starts leaking out more.

Ah well big thanks to all our members new and old and past it (baldred), thanks for keeping us up their and let's hope that 2008 is TDU2's year and that Atari and Eden listen to us and most of all learn that how they supported and released info with TDU will not happen with TDU2.

Hasta la Pasta !

Just looked at the stats for January 2008 and we very nearly hit the 2 million mark again, it was 1.9million so interest is peaking again, must be all the musings and rumours regarding TDU2.

So far this month we are 300,000 hits averaging 50-70,000 hits a day ! Bandwidth is verging on 10Gb a month and I dread to think what will happen when we start with the site and also when TDU2 info starts leaking out more.

Ah well big thanks to all our members new and old and past it (baldred), thanks for keeping us up their and let's hope that 2008 is TDU2's year and that Atari and Eden listen to us and most of all learn that how they supported and released info with TDU will not happen with TDU2.

Hasta la Pasta !

How much is it costing a week on bandwidth now? And how many clicks do you need these days? Is it still 1 or 2 per person? 10gb is actually quite a lot for a "little" (not so litle now) forum!

The bandwidth isn't really the main cost factor to be honest, the custom plan I have is basically to provide a stable platform for the forum with increased database processing and such. Bandwidth is essentially the least worry though we do get a fair whack with this custom plan either way. As for your other question, can't go too much into it but basically 2-3 is fine and those which do not relate to the sites subject (ie not gaming related) are best. Can't say anymore though.