We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hmm ... bad news (RRoD) [Part 2!]

Eudemon

Wow that is a quick turnaround, glad to hear you have it back and hopefully in working order, well done Microsoft. Try playing TDU offline, if like mine it isn't your original it will not let you.

Note to Atari: You can release DLC#6 now, Diablo has got his 360 back! :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was actually less than 2 weeks, it happened on the night of the 1st October, received the shipping label the following evening, phoned UPS and they picked it up on Tuesday the 3rd October and now I have it back 12 days later but that includes 2 weekends so in fact it only took 8 days !

Never expected that !

It was very common on Windows 98 especially when you were on the internet as so many people could exploit it, the easiest being multiple popups that would crash your system due to using all the memory.

Anyone want to place a bet when I will get my box back, winner gets an L/XL Atari t-shirt!

18th october

Does that mean i win a T-shirt as i was the closest :)

Well I just loaded Test Drive Unlimited in offline with me newage profile and it loaded fine, Hardcore mode appeared as normal also. Signed into an offline profile also to check and I could still use my Zonda so it looks like my console is back. :) It's much quieter also, I'm well impressed.

• 1 year later...

Can't believe how time goes when you return to something similar. Alas though me box has again hit the RRoD and like last time and I guess some credit is due to them for it MS will again pay for the collection, postage and of course repair of the system.

So let's see who can guess when it will come back this time. I'll let you know when UPS pick it up so you can get a better idea of when it could be.

rrod_20090312.jpg