We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hmm ... bad news (RRoD) [Part 2!]

Eudemon

Sorry guys...

3rlod.jpg

Served me well even though it was coming up for 2 years soon.

3rlod_date.jpg

Typical, looks like the Diablo GT may be released, the only car I want want want and I'm going to have a bit of a wait. Hope you guys can do the random sayings and get frustrated at people turning without telling you, without me.

C'est la vie! :umm:

When will it return? (get the date and win an Atari L/XL T-shirt!!)

baldred :: 18/10

Speed :: 19/10

SupermAnthony :: 20/10

N1PPER :: 23/10

MARK1992 :: 29/11

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oh hopefully it'll be replaced soon.

I don't get it, whats gone wrong with your 360 Diablo?
This is the infamous 3 Red Lights of Death (3RLoD) aka as the Red Ring of Death (RRoD) which basically means the box is dead or dying due to something melting near the Graphics card or something meaning the system can't run anything giving out a total failure which cannot be solved by merely letting it cool down.

The 'towel trick' is when you essentially bake your 360 so much so that it heats so much inside that it melts this component that has come loose and thus fixes the join that has since come apart (very basic description). This has worked for some people but personally I don't mind being without it especially since they fix this problem and add extra cooling to the inside if they fix your machine, if they send a refurb or even sometimes a new one then you're good to go BUT you can run into problems with DLC and may even worse case scenario receive a banned unit due to it being modded.

I'm optimistic though that I can get a lot done in the time it has to be away so here's to about 3-4 weeks (could be less) with time to spare.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you.

Mine came back last week. It only took 2 weeks from when it left my house to when it arrived back. I was well impressed. And they fixed it, I didn't get a new machine or a refurbished one. Plus you get 1 month free Xbox Live Gold membership for the time it's away and a description of what went wrong with yours (in my case, the 3 red lights were caused by a malfunction of the mainboard).

This is the infamous 3 Red Lights of Death (3RLoD) aka as the Red Ring of Death (RRoD) which basically means the box is dead or dying due to something melting near the Graphics card or something meaning the system can't run anything giving out a total failure which cannot be solved by merely letting it cool down.

The 'towel trick' is when you essentially bake your 360 so much so that it heats so much inside that it melts this component that has come loose and thus fixes the join that has since come apart (very basic description). This has worked for some people but personally I don't mind being without it especially since they fix this problem and add extra cooling to the inside if they fix your machine, if they send a refurb or even sometimes a new one then you're good to go BUT you can run into problems with DLC and may even worse case scenario receive a banned unit due to it being modded.

I'm optimistic though that I can get a lot done in the time it has to be away so here's to about 3-4 weeks (could be less) with time to spare.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you.

SO this is like a BSOD for a PC :)

BSOD.gif