We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Server Problems

Baldy

Can you connect to the tdu servers?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Can you connect to the tdu servers?

• Yes - Xbox 360
    • No - Xbox 360
    • Yes - PC
    • No - PC
    • Yes - PS2
    • No - PS2

I see what you mean Diablo, now there is obvious no game-play, then the official fourms have seen quite a sharp increase in their member count .... You did say however this only really occurs around a patch, but hopefully you're right. I don't mind either way, as long as it's up by tonight so we can film top Gear. I have a feeling though that the servers will be crammed tonight, as people have been deprived, so therefore it will be hard to connect to each other :(

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way they'd shut down the TDU servers permenantly without express warning.

Apart from anything, there's no diabolical switch with "on" and "off" written on it linked to the feeble whirring box from the 70s they laughingly call the Test Drive Server.

Its a major consideration on their part. They'd stand to lose an awfully large amount of money from people who are still buying the game, of which there are many.

I expect some dolt on a smoke break in the server room tripped on a cable and yanked the little bugger out, inadvertently causing the 20 odd people who still play this travesty of a game to be unable to connect. I doubt they've even noticed yet, given the state they leave it in when they consider it "working".

Don't get me wrong, I love Test Drive. But the sheer volume of problems I've had with it tempts me on regular occasion to tear out my monitor by the stand and mash it violently into the printer beside it.

Today's bug tempts me in just this way.

Good to see you back, TDU has been hard on all of us but we just love it too much even with bugs everywhere. I see you have still given up TDU just to remain sane and I fully understand you. There can be days where we spend all night just trying to connect and then have to give up.

The most funniest time was a few weeks ago where I was trying to connect to TheScottishSpotter and what every we tried we just could not get in the same session. As we were talking to each other we decided to cruise doing a running commentary of where we were driving. :D

It's this kind of thing that can drive you insane but we will do anything to get our daily fix.

I know nothing I say will get you playing again but you are greatly missed. :cry:

Good to see you back, TDU has been hard on all of us but we just love it too much even with bugs everywhere. I see you have still given up TDU just to remain sane and I fully understand you. There can be days where we spend all night just trying to connect and then have to give up.

The most funniest time was a few weeks ago where I was trying to connect to TheScottishSpotter and what every we tried we just could not get in the same session. As we were talking to each other we decided to cruise doing a running commentary of where we were driving. :D

It's this kind of thing that can drive you insane but we will do anything to get our daily fix.

I know nothing I say will get you playing again but you are greatly missed. :cry:

Haha yes, i remember this only too well Stinger ;). Nice to see you back here TriggerHappyJim but you have given up TDU? :(

Given up? Goodness no! And my printer will testify to it! :D

Thanks for the welcome back! :)

I recently had to re-buy the game to get it working again due to an overly scratched disc (They seem to choose to make them out of toilet paper rather than plastic). I had my savegame intact, but an older version so it was just a matter of flipping CD keys.

So after a 5 month break, I'll see you guys in Oahu!

Given up? Goodness no! And my printer will testify to it! :D

Thanks for the welcome back! :)

I recently had to re-buy the game to get it working again due to an overly scratched disc (They seem to choose to make them out of toilet paper rather than plastic). I had my savegame intact, but an older version so it was just a matter of flipping CD keys.

So after a 5 month break, I'll see you guys in Oahu!

What's better than coming back and taking part in the TDU:C Gumball :D ? A few spaces are still left, if you want to come :)
Just logged on to take a picture for PoTW, and for the 20mins i was on, I managed to connect with a few guys. One was even talking to me on a mike. No problems for me, that's all I can say *touch wood*
That is because

The TDU PC Servers are back up :excited:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've not been able to connect for quite a while now.

Have the servers gone down again? Or is it just my typical luck?

Is it possible to play offline? Having only ever played online, I've never attempted offline play.

Don't know how I'd do it though, it won't put me through to the main menu unless it connects to the TDU servers. Do I need an offline account or something?

I've not been able to connect for quite a while now.

Have the servers gone down again? Or is it just my typical luck?

Is it possible to play offline? Having only ever played online, I've never attempted offline play.

Don't know how I'd do it though, it won't put me through to the main menu unless it connects to the TDU servers. Do I need an offline account or something?

If you're talking about PC. then yes, you can quickly create an offline account, and no gamespy is needed, however you will have to start again with only 1 car etc.

If you're talking about 360 I assume it is probably similar, but I've only ever played online on there, so can't be sure.

Oh and if you're talking about PS2, then I'm no help at all, sorry :)

With 360 you automatically go offline, no need for switching profiles. In fact the 360 has a simple little option called "Allow online interactions" which basically means you can switch to offline and online whenever you want.

This option isn't hidden somewhere in the PC Options menu is it? It's in Options > Online on the 360.