We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The front plate laws in Europe are pretty bad aren't they? I noticed a huge difference between here and there in that regard, here if you are caught and just show them a picture of it attached it gets thrown out. I'm fairly certain every exotic I saw in Europe had a front plate.

[mod edit:] Stop quoting images, thanks!

The front plate laws in Europe are pretty bad aren't they? I noticed a huge difference between here and there in that regard, here if you are caught and just show them a picture of it attached it gets thrown out. I'm fairly certain every exotic I saw in Europe had a front plate.

It's the law sadly, that said there are plenty of exotics running around London without front plates, the majority of 458's don't have them. At least the Murci somewhat has a space for the plate, there are some that are no less than ruined by our absurdly large plates. Bikes on the other hand, they are cool to have nothing but a rear plate, which makes obvious sense but also in turn throws out a lot of the excuses for cars carrying front plates. Meh.

5407446950_0c4f5060f1_z.jpg

Nom.

A dinner trip for soup & salad @Luby's last night found a local dealer's yellow Lambo SV in the parking lot.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera so a web shot will have to do.

But it was exactly as pictured, with the newer much larger SV decal as opposed to the smaller decal of the earlier models.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/madpioneer/Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP670-4_SV_12.jpg

A dinner trip for soup & salad @Luby's last night found a local dealer's yellow Lambo SV in the parking lot.

Unfortunately I did not have my camera so a web shot will have to do.

But it was exactly as pictured, with the newer much larger SV decal as opposed to the smaller decal of the earlier models.

I believe what you saw is a Lamborghini Diablo SV. :) One of these.

-Leadfoot

Originally posted by Leadfoot I believe what you saw is a Lamborghini Diablo SV. One of these.

OK I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but when it comes to cars, specifically exotic cars I know what I see & I know what is what.

The car I saw in the parking lot last night was the exact model in the picture I posted. Sunlight was still in the sky it was not like it was pitch dark!

I saw the LP-670-4 SV badge along with the special wing, the custom stitched interior and on & on.

I have been in Love with Lamborghinis since 1976, I know the difference between a Muira, Countach, Diablo SV, GT, GTR, Murcielago LP-640, LP-650, LP-670-4 SV,GTR, Reventon, Gallardo LP-560-4,LP-570-4, Superleggera, etc, etc.....

I spotted the LP-650 Roadster early in this thread from 4 blocks away, my boss could not believe I quoted the exact model & the fact it was a roadster even with the top on from that distance!

When I see a Diablo here I will let you know, & hopefully get some pics of it, but last night I repeat was a LP-670-4 SV Murcielago!

Thanx have a nice day!:cool:

Is the larger SV graphic "newer"? I just thought it was another option, generally one all the Arabs chose, whilst the UK cars went for the smaller ones. Don't doubt that you saw it though, it is substantially different to the Diablo.

I spotted the LP-650 Roadster early in this thread from 4 blocks away, my boss could not believe I quoted the exact model & the fact it was a roadster even with the top on from that distance!

The 650's were all roadsters. :P

Originally posted by t Is the larger SV graphic "newer"? I just thought it was another option, generally one all the Arabs chose, whilst the UK cars went for the smaller ones. Don't doubt that you saw it though, it is substantially different to the Diablo.

Although I have not been keeping up to the minute news I believe the larger & new positioned SV decal is on all the later/last models.

This paticular car had a 'Dealer' plate with a chrome metal surround listing the dealership.

I checked this morning & the dealership's web site does not list the SV for sale so I can only assume it's the owner's personal vehicle. Who knows if he bought it new or slightly used?

My kids live just blocks away from the dealership so I am going to make an effort to stop in soon & see if I can snap a few pics of some nice rides, with hopefully the SV in there too!

OK I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but when it comes to cars, specifically exotic cars I know what I see & I know what is what.

The car I saw in the parking lot last night was the exact model in the picture I posted. Sunlight was still in the sky it was not like it was pitch dark!

I saw the LP-670-4 SV badge along with the special wing, the custom stitched interior and on & on.

I have been in Love with Lamborghinis since 1976, I know the difference between a Muira, Countach, Diablo SV, GT, GTR, Murcielago LP-640, LP-650, LP-670-4 SV,GTR, Reventon, Gallardo LP-560-4,LP-570-4, Superleggera, etc, etc.....

When I see a Diablo here I will let you know, & hopefully get some pics of it, but last night I repeat was a LP-670-4 SV Murcielago!

Thanx have a nice day!:cool:

Sorry, I'm used to seeing them with that size sticker - forgot there was an even smaller one. :)

-Leadfoot