We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Downloadable Megapack PC confirmed !!!!

Eudemon

The rumour was right !

Note: The Megapack will be Download only, this is to save on costs which I'm sure you can understand.

[uPDATE #6]

Hi guys

apologies for the silence - unfortunately there was little I could do over the weekend.

There will be an announcement for Europe very soon.

[uPDATE #5]

Originally Posted by kalniel

Gutripper just found an important condition from the Atari US site:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atari US

Atari Technical Support North America provides support for the United States, Canada, Mexico and U.S. Protectorates. We only have the resources to support US copies of Atari software on US version operating systems or consoles.

That means if you are outside of the listed countries and buy the pack from Atari US you have may have no right to support at all. Using the pack will be at your own risk.

As I've explained, the code is probably identical. What is different is the download and probably activation method, and of course all the non-game stuff like support/feedback etc. (and cost :p)

I don't see any reason why it won't be released very soon - if you can hang on a few working days and then make your decision it'll probably be better.

In terms of supporting the company it might also be better to wait and get it from the EU distributor - the developers are European and if it looks like there's more demand from Europe for the PC version then it's more likely we'll get stuff in the future. If it looks like only the US is interested in PC gaming they could just concentrate on consoles instead. Ok that's very far fetched for just a carpack, but every little helps, and certain people have been pushing SO hard for you guys to get this release.

[uPDATE #4]

It looks like, for whatever reason, the Megapack can be found at the US Atari digital download site. We moderators weren't told about this and as far as we know there will be an EU download service available at some point. If you want to take a punt on the US one then bear in mind that it does cost a bit more and has more restrictive conditions on how long you can download it for etc. than a likely EU service. Also if this is an accidental release then it's likely the servers won't be setup correctly yet. As far as I can tell there aren't any terms and conditions on the US site restricting it to the US only (though they might be hiding somewhere).

Importantly though, by buying the US product you must accept that customer support for that product is provided by the US distributor, not Atari EU. Likewise these forums are only for discussion relating to Atari EU products.

Personally, I would wait for the EU release, as it's both cheaper, has better download terms, and it's more likely that it'll behave better with your EU game.

[uPDATE #3]

The Megapack is available in the US if you are outside the US it is recommended to wait for the megapack to be available in your region.

Guys, I really recommend waiting for the EU version, but if you do want to pay more (and have the more restrictive license) for the US version then please take your comments about it to the US forums, not here.

[uPDATE #2]

Confirmed list so far is:
  • Alfa Brera
  • Audi RS4 quattro Saloon
  • Audi S6
  • Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 coupe
  • Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 Roadster
  • Dino 246 GT
  • Dodge Challenger RT
  • Dodge Charger Super Bee
  • Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe
  • Edonis
  • Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole
  • Ferrari 512 TR
  • Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
  • Ferrari Challenge Stradale
  • Ferrari F40
  • GM (Cadillac®) Cien™ Concept
  • GM (Cadillac®) CTS-V™
  • GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® C1 1957
  • GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® C6™ Convertible
  • GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® Stingray™ Convertible 1971
  • GM (Saturn™) Curve™ Concept
  • Holden Efigy Concept
  • Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R
  • Koenigsegg CCR
  • Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary
  • Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe
  • Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster
  • Lexus GS 450h
  • Lexus IS 350
  • Lexus LS 460 L
  • Lexus LS 600h L
  • Lexus SC 430
  • Ferrari 250 GTO
  • McLaren F1 GT
  • McLaren F1 LM
  • Mercedes CL CLK GTR
  • Nissan Skyline GTR R34
  • Noble M400
  • Pagani Zonda C12S Roadster
  • RUF RGT
  • RUF RK Spyder
  • RUF Rt 12
  • RUF Rturbo
  • Spyker C8 Spyder
  • Spyker C8 Spyder T
  • TVR T440R

Originally Posted by Tenebra

Guys, considering the cost of development free downloads are wishful thinking icon_wink.gif

The price will be around 9.99 euros - less than 0.22 euros per vehicle.

Pl-Destroy, yes, I work for Atari and this is official news icon_smile.gif

No typos, no 1st April, this is genuine, official news that came to me about 30 seconds before being posted.

Now go, celebrate, and please answer my little questionnaire (your gaming habits) as I've been pestering on your behalf for months icon_wink.gif

I do have an idea about the "soon" (more than an idea, to be honest), but since the digital distributor hasn't given us a date yet I'd rather keep it for myself icon_wink.gif

Quote:

As questioned by someone in an earlier post, will this car pack be download only?

Yes, I'm afraid. I know, it's not ideal but it brings the cost down - to you, first of all.

Please don't start begging for a release date. I already had to make a case for releasing this info now rather than holding it until 3 days before the actual release of the download, so if you want me to carry on with my line ("the community needs to know *now*") then please support my case tongue-green.gif Otherwise I'll have to bow at other beings and tell them they're right to withold info, do you really want that?

We're talking about weeks, not months. Once I have a solid date from the digital distributor, I will post it in the forum straight away icon_smile.gif

Free content - it's one big pack for only 9.99 euros. If you prefer, I can say 30 vehicles at 9.99 euros plus 16 free. I'm not that mental.

I'll check the technical sides of this, ie reinstalling and patch, hopefully I'll be able to get back to you tomorrow.

I totally understand your frustration for the lack of a physical (DVD) version but the only way we could keep it cheap was going for download only icon_frown.gif

Righto, some answers for you:

* Like in the X360 version, vehicles from the pack will look like default vehicles to those who haven't purchased and installed the pack (no special servers)

* Download size is 200Mbs

* If a player needs to reinstall TDU, he will need to reinstall the pack afterwards

* the pack can be used without the patch

Quote:

And what about my question about localised versions?

That's the one question I'm chasing clarification for. The answer I got leads to another question, I'll get back to you on this when I have the full answer icon_wink.gif

Quote:

Tenebra, IF someone/I want to buy that Pack do I need to "register" on another homepage and pay that page/company money like 9.90 Euros a month for this Premium Registration just to buy the Car Pack...???

Read it on the US Boards... Hope not about the monthly payment...

Nononono, no monthly payment. It's a one off as if you bought a disk, that's all icon_smile.gif We already sell digital versions of our games via Metaboli in Europe (and I believe Digital River in the US) icon_smile.gif

Please, no rumours on dates. We don't have a date at the moment.

Pack localisation: I have just received confirmation that the pack works with all European languages, and it's also compatible with the Polish and Japanese versions. However, the pack does not work with the Russian version.

DriftNismo, I think that Metaboli only accepts cards, I'm afraid. I am looking into alternatives for those of you who don't have one.

I'll look into the Russian issue.

As for the credit card/download issue, the easy solution I can think of is for us at the UK office to burn the pack onto a dvd and send it out upon receipt of cash or a cheque. Is it something you'd be happy with?

I'm not promising anything at this stage - I'm happy to do it from a logistics point of view but I need to check with the Finance Director if it's doable, but I'd like your opinion first. With some notice, I can most probably have this organised so that you get it bang on on release day.

I'll look into the Paypall option as well, I do understand that the credit card payment is quite restrictive, I'm trying to make things as accessible and easy for everybody, your input is most appreciated.

Originally Posted by tenebra

As for the release date, we're ready and waiting for Atari US to be ready to press the button so that we have a worldwise synchronised release. A bit of patience, it shouldn't be too long at all icon_wink.gif

Quote:

I guess £8 uk sterling in my bank is enough?

You'll get change icon_wink.gif

Quote:

I'm sorry if you can't answer this, but any approximate release dates, Tenebra

You know I don't have an answer, otherwise it'd be already here icon_smile.gif I'm not exactly known for withdrawing info from the community, am I? icon_wink.gif

*looks at the collection of forum members pulp stored in jars and realises no new additions have been acquired in a long time*

Guys, I know you're impatient, I know you want cars, it's just not that simple, as some of you said. Legal...blah blah...setting up a distributor...blah blah...

I know it's boring but that's how it works. I'll keep you posted.

Guys, I'm not teasing, I'm not holding back any info, you know everything I know. Atari US is sorting things out at their end and once they're ready we will both push the button. I don't have any indication whatsoever of the timeframe at this stage. I'm not keeping anything for myself. I stand exactly where you stand.

Quote:

Another question, will players receive an in-game message before or as soon as the pack is available ?

Very good point. I'm looking into this.

Hi Domino, I understand your thoughts but as I explained the issue here is that 2 publishers are involved - Atari Europe and Atari US. Unfortunately this involves a great level of co-ordination as we need to release the pack simultaneously.

You have concrete, official information - the pack is coming. We're just missing a release date, and this will be announced as soon as it's set in stone.

[uPDATE #1] More Cars!!

More cars as promised:

Ferrari 250 GTO

McLaren F1 GT

Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole

McLaren F1 LM

Ferrari 512 TR

Mercedes CL CLK GTR

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Nissan Skyline GTR R34

Ferrari Challenge Stradale

Noble M400

Ferrari F40

Pagani Zonda C12S Roadster

GM (Cadillac®) Cien™ Concept

RUF RGT

GM (Cadillac®) CTS-V™

RUF RK Spyder

GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® C1 1957

RUF Rt 12

GM (Chevrolet®) Corvette® C6™ Convertible

RUF Rturbo

Regarding Localisation:

Pack localisation: I have just received confirmation that the pack works with all European languages' date=' and it's also compatible with the Polish and Japanese versions. However, the pack does [u']not[/u] work with the Russian version.

Some questions answered:

Righto, some answers for you:

* Like in the X360 version, vehicles from the pack will look like default vehicles to those who haven't purchased and installed the pack (no special servers)

* Download size is 200Mbs

* If a player needs to reinstall TDU, he will need to reinstall the pack afterwards

* the pack can be used without the patch

You thought it wouldn't happen but there you go :Bla:

The Test Drive Unlimited PC Megapack will soon be available for download with 46 immaculate dream machines.

The 45 cars and one motorbike included in the pack range from American muscle to Italian grace with some of the most desirable vehicles on the planet rendered in painstaking detail. After installing the pack, all cars can be bought as normal from the relevant in-game dealerships.

You know I'm cruel (admit it, you love it!) and I will only reveal a few cars at a time tonguegre

Alfa Brera

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R

Audi RS4 quattro Saloon

Koenigsegg CCR

Audi S6

Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary

Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 coupe

Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe

Chrysler Crossfire® SRT-6 Roadster

Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster

Dino 246 GT

Lexus GS 450h

Dodge Challenger RT

Lexus IS 350

Dodge Charger Super Bee

Lexus LS 460 L

Dodge Viper SRT-10 coupe

Lexus LS 600h L

Edonis

Lexus SC 430

It will cost but hardly anything, what you think about that?

Guys, considering the cost of development free downloads are wishful thinking ;)

The price will be around 9.99 euros - less than 0.22 euros per vehicle.

Pl-Destroy, yes, I work for Atari and this is official news :)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumour was right !

It will cost but hardly anything, what you think about that?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

sorry, that has just made my day, i will now deffo be getting this game for the PC aswell.

Thats good, will there be different stuff to whats already on the 360 now? If so i'll probably end up buying for PC aswell.

On the Xbox there have been 6 car packs with (7/8?) cars each.

6*7=42 and some free cars.

6*8=48

Don't know actually lol.

update:

Please don't start begging for a release date. I already had to make a case for releasing this info now rather than holding it until 3 days before the actual release of the download, so if you want me to carry on with my line ("the community needs to know *now*") then please support my case tonguegre Otherwise I'll have to bow at other beings and tell them they're right to withold info, do you really want that?

We're talking about weeks, not months. Once I have a solid date from the digital distributor, I will post it in the forum straight away :)

Free content - it's one big pack for only 9.99 euros. If you prefer, I can say 30 vehicles at 9.99 euros plus 16 free. I'm not that mental.

I'll check the technical sides of this, ie reinstalling and patch, hopefully I'll be able to get back to you tomorrow.

I totally understand your frustration for the lack of a physical (DVD) version but the only way we could keep it cheap was going for download only :(