We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari Auction - 18th May 08, Maranello

YeOldeTDUMan

Wow what a find!

Holy damn an F40 LM now that's rare and that Silver/Blue Enzo is stunning. The 250 GT SWB is a true rarity and all those F1 cars. I'll tell you something though, the F40 and the 550 Barchetta are a brilliant price and what is an F40 (Valeo)? Is that the prototype or something?

[e:] Ah it's a clutchless system that Ferrari introduced.

yeah a few rare cars there, there are supposed to be a few one-offs up for sale ... Autoblog talks about a 4door concept Ferrari from Pini, but I don't remember seeing it on the RM auction site

The 'standard' F40 seemed cheap to me ... I wanted to know the history of the F1 cars ... as in who drove them and in what races ... they normally have that detail somewhere

and it doesn't take a genius to work out what I'd spend 4mil Euros on ;)

Blimey nice find. The 250 spyders are my favorites, prefer the LWB one though, I'd have a nembo with the money though, cheaper and nicer if thats possible. Never heard of the 333SP and the F40 LM is ugly. Saw a Ferrari 275 GTS in France once on a bridge, was quite young before I loved classic cars but still made a big impression on me.

2006 Maserati MC12 Corsa, good in a ferrari auction.

333SP looks stunning! So does the 250 SWB California which I never knew existed!

Thanks for posting :D

You've obviously never seen "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" then! ... It's the car in my avatar ... and one of the most sought after Ferraris you can find.

Good find Hybrid, there a some very good cars up for austion there.

I can't seem to work out why they are selling them, I would have thought they would be in a ferrari/car museum somewhere

Ferrari have a collection of cars (as most manufacturers do) and they rotate a display of some of them in the 'museum' that is in Maranello ... just over the road and round the corner a little bit from the factory.

As to these particular cars ... they read as if they have come from a number of sources, Ferrari, Pinin, collectors etc and Ferrari being Ferrari are organising an auction for those to be sold on

Still trying to work out what Bank to rob to get the 4mil Euros

Would love to find out how much some of these actually go for, like the F40LM and some of the F1 based cars, actually if i remember rightly i think 5th gear did a article about a guy who bought one and followed him around while he bought it, got fitted for the seating and hime racing round a track will try and find it later, unless somebody else finds it before me

Would love to find out how much some of these actually go for, like the F40LM and some of the F1 based cars, actually if i remember rightly i think 5th gear did a article about a guy who bought one and followed him around while he bought it, got fitted for the seating and hime racing round a track will try and find it later, unless somebody else finds it before me

yeah i remember that ... if I remember correctly Ferrari will look after the car for you ... and then set it up so you can go for a quick blast

not as if every tom, richard (as I forgot the shortened version of this name is banned) or harry can set-up and run a F1 car even as their track-day car!

• 1 month later...
Wow, great find Hybrid, some really stunning cars there, quite a few i've never seen before, like the 1980 Pinin Propotipo. I'll be looking through that for a while :D.

EDIT: Btw, why are Hybrid and Balto still Junior Members?

no idea what a junior member is ... when did that and the stats thing appear ..... Baldred ? Diablo ?