We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Series 11

eleKtro

who was the star in the ......, is it worth watching over iplayer?

Alan carr and Jason Lee Collins.

Dont bother it was utter rubbish to be honest. They were trying to be funny, it just wasnt and Jeremy wasnt finding it funny either. All very scripted and generally bollocks!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked those Dave references, but the ironic thing is they will probably be cut out for the Dave version. :p The news was also very good, with perhaps a few too weird cars, but hopefully more of the cars that TG is used to reviewing next week. And we need to find someone who was at the filming, to find out what was on the screen that the BBC wouldn't show.

The Ferrari segment to me seemed like it missed something. A very small amount of it, but something. Otherwise an OK car, but I agree with what Clarkson was saying at the start of the review - Ferraris are too overrated for their 'soul' and 'passion'.

The SIARPC segment was OK, but the guests were terrible. I hope for better next week. And rubbish times too.

Stuntman Stig? Pointless I think. Not needed and won't improve the show. They could have just left it as it was - as just another stunt, and that would have been fine.

Police cars. Well, what more can be said. Unbelievably hilarious, especially when it comes to Hamster. I think there weren't enough tests, but 'Ambitious but Rubbish' describes it perfectly. James had done it all wrong, as always. Hammond had taken, well a different path that was inevitably wrong. And Clarkson had done it right, but as always, he was a cock and ruined his car. Although I really liked the Polizia paint job. The 'sirens' had me in hysterics, as did their attempts to stop the crook Stig.

Overall, a great start to what promises to be a great series, but it has yet to get better. 8.5/10.

Otherwise an OK car, but I agree with what Clarkson was saying at the start of the review - Ferraris are too overrated for their 'soul' and 'passion'.

How hypocritical of him... He is always saying that Ferrari's have a soul and passion that no other car can get close to.

I didn't watch it, but from what people have said, it wasn't worth not missing :p

Clarkson was saying that Ferrari's should be all about speed and passion, they shouldn't be these easy to drive, no feedback, computer controlled baby the driver kind of cars, they are Ferrari after all, yes they are at the forefront of technology6 and engineering but with all of this they seem to forget about what heritage and passion Ferrari has gathered and been known for since Enzo started it. Ironically Enzo wanted to make Ferrari racing only iirc but had to do the roadcars in order to sustain and keep the financing going for Ferrari's Racing Campaigns.

Clarkson was saying that Ferrari's should be all about speed and passion, they shouldn't be these easy to drive, no feedback, computer controlled baby the driver kind of cars, they are Ferrari after all, yes they are at the forefront of technology6 and engineering but with all of this they seem to forget about what heritage and passion Ferrari has gathered and been known for since Enzo started it. Ironically Enzo wanted to make Ferrari racing only iirc but had to do the roadcars in order to sustain and keep the financing going for Ferrari's Racing Campaigns.

You are correct about the road car thing. :)

My above comment was based on what I read in this thread, I haven't seen the new TG and have no intention to. :D

The ice-cream van siren was brilliant, honestly I would expect that to be the best of the lot in distracting a "crim" who was running away, you be laughing too much to concentrate on the road. Stig showing how to avoid a pit manoeuvre was very cool too plus if the average bobbie could drive like the Stig having the Astra wouldn't be a problem !

Loved the police cars. The best bit for me was Richard turning up in his Vitara. Truly unexpected and hilarious! And then there was James' paint being foiled by the windscreen wipers, and Jeremy's wheel nearly killing the camera crew! I must say, JC did quite a (almost) good job attacking the Stig ala Goldeneye, and i was genuinely expecting the BMW's tyre to blow...

And even being a non-UK 16 year old, I found the Star bit quite good. The Ferrari review was too long though... :(

Ferrari reviews can't be to long >.<

When he could have just said 'Like an F430, updated bodykit, 2 stripes, more horse power.' Given it to the Stig for the lap, and moved onto something interesting, like golf.:rolleyes:

Is it only me who thinks they are starting to go a bit OTT with trying to make it an eterainment show?? They had the right balance a while back but now every episode has to have a big challenge or big event or something of the like.

Its starting to, dare I say, go down hill. Yes its good watching it and I love the presenters but it just wasn't as good as it used to be, especially as I've been watching old episodes on Dave and you can see how its become more about being bigger and more stupider challenges/events rather than about new cars, maybe it was just for the first show but I hope it improves.

Also Stunt man Stig, why????????????????

I'd rather it was more entertainment based, i find watching them go on about car's boring. Maybe if they used new cars for the challenges and did more road races then it might be better, but to be honest i'm loving it the way it is.

I liked it when they take three supercars or normal cars will do out and sort of review them whilst driving the greatest roads or driving to that long birdge in france, or when May and Hammond done they minicabbing in the C max and another rival.

Now its gone away from that totally, which is not a bad thing, but they need a healthy balance which I think they've lost.