We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your School/College Results?

Iced_Bullet

Well, went to my college today to pick up my AS Level Results ...

Geography A(a)

• C Unit 1 [Exam]
  • A Unit 2 [Exam]
  • A Unit 3 [Exam]

ICT C©

• B Unit 1 [C/w]
  • E Unit 2 [Exam]
  • B Unit 3 [C/w]

Graphics Product and Design C ©

• A Unit 1 [Exam]
  • U Unit 2 [C/w]

Maths U(u)

• U Unit 1+2
  • U Unit 3

For graphics, I just left everything until the last minute which was own stupid fault (hence the U). Maths the jump up from GCSE was too much for me to cope with so I slacked with Sensei a lot of the time. Geography I'm pleased with =] And ICT The exam board shifted the boundaries at the end of the year reducing my predicted coursework A's to B's and god knows what happened to my Exam. I was predicted an A for that too. It was exactly the same as the January exam and I got 92% in the mock :cry:

GCSE last year were:

• 1 x A*
  • 2 x As
  • 3 x Bs
  • 1 x C

For none English people, A is the best (going through B,C,D,E,F) and U is the worst. A* being the highest in GCSE results, but not available with AS Level exams. D and below being a fail at GCSE and AS Level.

See I'm not so nuggestish in real life ;)

What did you all get?! Then we can put intelligence (or lack of it - j/k) to the faces in the other thread :p

E: Just thought, it doesn't just have to be current students, you all old folk ;) j/k can post here too if you wish =] See how many did O Levels =]

If I was doing O-levels, it'd be this year. But since I'm doing the IB Diploma Programme instead <proud>, I'm not sitting for the O's. Apart from Chinese, at which I got a C5. Mother Tongue exams are held in June and Nov, so if you fail the June one, you still have a shot at the Nov one. Oh and Mark got C6, so I beat him! :excited:

I did better in my Mock GCSE'S than I did in my actual GCSE's :o.

Anyway while going to college today to enrol on my third year course (2 years later :cheeky:!) there was loads of people standing in line for their A Level results.

I hope everyone got the results they wanted.

I got my AS's today;

Business - A (Got full marks on one exam :) )

Biology - B

Computing - B

Chemistry - C

Well annoyed with chemistry, got B in every section apart from one which I got a D in which dragged my grade down. If this effects my overall A2 i'll re-take that. Overall good though :)

got back from my holiday today to a depressing letter,caue i was booted from college more or less, i wasnt entered into either of my ASs, the letter basically had my 'results' all said X/100 X/90 X/120

felt horrible :(

i will get my GCSE English resit result soon, fingers crossed

i didn't do too great on my GCSE's either but went to college for 4 days decided it wasn't for and got a job instead, as baldred says there is points where you regret it, but overall i am glad i got a job instead

Also Good luck to anybody yet to receive their results

i was on holiday when mine arrived, (got the dates mixed :confused: ) wasn't a good holiday when i was getting txt/calls from my mates saying how they did

Less than two days before I need to go and collect mine. Not looking forward to it. My sister wants to come with me to support me through the situation, whether you see that as good or bad, I see it as bad. She's going to know what results I've got as soon as I open the damn envelope. Lets just say, if I get C's I'm happy, anything above that and I'll be astounded.

My dad is also offering to buy me something, whether that is dependent on if the results are good or not is another thing. More than likely need to get C's and above. But if I'm honest I don't want him buying me anything, he spent the best part of £280 last week to allow me to upgrade my PC, I'd feel guilty of robbing him of his money if I'm honest.

I would say what I'm doing now but one word in particular isn't allowed to be said - so I'll rephrase it. I'm bloody well dreading it.

Meh, I'm not actually that bothered about them. Most of my friends are really nervous. My parents keep saying that I've done well and its really annoying because whenever they say that I do crap.

Btw do the school know what the results are before you go to get them? Like the percentage of 5 A-Cs and that crap? And I had 4 tutors, the pressure's really annoying, they all expect me to do really well because I put the effort in.

I don't want to get my results, I'm happy having my 2 months off, doing stuff when I need to do.. dreading mine too.

Btw do the school know what the results are before you go to get them?

In my GCSE's they didn't. All our teachers were there hassling us for our grades. However in my A Levels I got an email confirming my place at Uni on the morning of results day so I went in to collect my results knowing I had done enough. :)

Then dropped out anyway...

Even I'm not old enough to have done O Levels ... as to what I've got

I did my Maths GCSE a year early and so was in the first batch for the GCSEs ... so if I was a year or 2 older I'd have done them

As to my results ... well I've got 10(I think ... might be 11) GCSEs were lots of Bs and Cs, I've even got a GCSE in Navigation (Air) !!!!!

A Levels I got a B and 2Cs ... Maths, Computer Science (when we programmed BBC Micros ! and studied BASIC, PASCAL and FORTRAN) and Physics ... can't remember which the B was in

and then I've got a BEng (Hons) 2:2 in Aeronautical Engineering