We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

NFS Undercover No Realism Driving Here

eleKtro

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55583

Watch this video to see for yourself.

If your hoping the new NFS will be realistic driving, slowing down for corners etc you can start looking for a different game now.

He takes corners at 150 mph, and the guy doing the interview has no clue, have a look at what he calls 'drifting'.

Graphics look nice, but gameplay looks terrible.

Hmm, I'll still get it, for the sake of getting it.

Bear in mind he may have chosen an overly sensitive car, as he said, each car / performance part changes the handling.

However I'd prefer someone more geeky to make the game, not some young chav who got picked off the street to make the design team look "with it" xD

"you see I did a NAWSS drift with the NAWSS and put the NAWSS to the ground"

Is it so hard to say nitrous?

Looks pretty cool, but it also looks like a high-def most wanted....

The driving maneuvers look pretty nifty and the graphics are definitely great.

But I'm a little disappointed. They've been working on a physics engine for 7 years and this is all they came up with?

It's NFS, you expect realism? I'll still get it but after NFSU2 it went downhill I think. Most Wanted was ok, but the customization was terrible, then they fixed the customization with Carbon but the whole game overall was very bad. Then they kept the good customization and added a lot more cars, but took away free roam and made us make a new car for each class. I think Undercover will give us back something from NFSU2 or Hot Pursuit 2 but take another thing away from us.

NFSMW was the jewel in the NFS crown, all games before and after aren't as good, and this new one, you know when you were 6 and you played with toy cars on the carpet? and you could make them turn at a scale speed of 600 MPH?

yea....

that game is so arcade its unbelievable i defiantly will not be buying this after what i just witnessed in that video and i'm sure my feelings are felt by many people. C'mon EA get your act together !

how do you mean "get your act together" did you not see that mess they like to call BF2 1.41 patch?

anything that's golden that EA touches turns into .... you know what.

I don't see anyone mentioned Porsche Unleashed. That was the one and the only game in NFS series with decent driving physics. Guess who is responsible for it? Eden Games :thumbsup:

After Carbon I definitely lost my patience and finally broke with EA for good.

It's NFS, you expect realism? I'll still get it but after NFSU2 it went downhill I think. Most Wanted was ok, but the customization was terrible, then they fixed the customization with Carbon but the whole game overall was very bad. Then they kept the good customization and added a lot more cars, but took away free roam and made us make a new car for each class. I think Undercover will give us back something from NFSU2 or Hot Pursuit 2 but take another thing away from us.

Spot on! You`re so right. +rep:thumbsup:

need for speed seems to be becoming the same as most wanted. it went most wanted-> carbon, which was basically the same, now this looks much the same as most wanted! seriously, are they running out of ideas for racing games? i suppose there are heaps of need for speed's, so your ideas to play with would really be quite limited.

need for speed seems to be becoming the same as most wanted. it went most wanted-> carbon, which was basically the same, now this looks much the same as most wanted! seriously, are they running out of ideas for racing games? i suppose there are heaps of need for speed's, so your ideas to play with would really be quite limited.

yea, you'd think so, but they have been making these games for years now, they'd have new designers and stuff, so it's just them being given terrible ideas from the bosses, then going "YEA! the kids will love this!" then putting it into a terrible game.

yea, you'd think so, but they have been making these games for years now, they'd have new designers and stuff, so it's just them being given terrible ideas from the bosses, then going "YEA! the kids will love this!" then putting it into a terrible game.

That's exactly the problem. When Hot Pursuit 1 & 2 were made NFS wasn't that popular, but with all the sales and popularity they got, they started changing it to look more appealing to children so it would sell more, not realising (or caring for that matter) about the people who have stuck with NFS since the original games. I only started playing it from NFSU2 but i've played Hot Pursuit 2 and have Porsche Unleashed for GBA and I can see what they've done.