We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

new 360 dahsboard... sucks!

FizzPagan2000

i hate it. it freezes it lags it was uncalled for and completely unnecessary and has caused nothing but grief for me.

what's more it practically adds nothing but a polygon avatar, the management and direction involved therein is extremely cunbersome to say the least.

then there's the parties which are regularly going to turn out to be extremely sloppy affairs during which anyone on your or potentially any number of people of friends friends list can watch spy and stalk your actions.

i hate it - it's a mess and frankly if i wanted to be given 6months of lemons after buying a years supply of oranges of course i'd have good reason to be upset!

While the party/avatar aspect is quite fun I imagine the novelty will wear off quite quickly, then we're left with a buggy dashboard. Although to be fair the ramdom freezing only seems to happen when browding peoples parties, or more commonly when you press B to leave the screen where you can inspect the party.

I also found it quite intrusive at first but invite only parties have made that better.

A little dissapointed but it has a few fun quirks and whether I like it all or not I'm going to have to live with it as it isn't going away.

I like the Netflix, I sort of like the Avatar idea (however it is quite pointless), and the concepts of the parties is good (but the actual thing needs a bit of work). See, what bother's me is this whole "New Experience" that Xbox talked about and it was suppost to be amazing. So amazing in fact that they had to screw up all our connections for days just to give it ot us. But the most amazing part of the new dahsboard is that I am stll having trouble finding something amazing about it. It's a nioce idea, but not near what it was "cracked up to be"

The freezing is due to load on Xbox Live, it will settle once the servers and Live isn't getting pummeled for the NXE only. This morning it was working great when I did the original update and it was fairly quiet, this evening though it black screened of death and froze on me when I wanted to change my Xmii during what would peak time for North America.

also as a ps3 owner i have to say about the ps3 having tdu and all it's games looking better on 360 nevermind the word "home" i say you have little to laugh about ;)

why post for the sake of being fasicious anyway?

He is a fanboy. Nearly every thread on this board concerning a fault with the xbox and he is in there faster than a fatman into a pie shop at closing time.

i could also mention the monthly updates for ps3 that come in which take 10mins to a time to download and install.

360 has gears 2 whilst ps3 owners get excited about res: fom2 - my god it's hardly a comparison is it?

i also bet he'd rather play tdu than turismo (note spelling sock lol) prologue...

this is also from someone that owns both machines...

I do like the install to HDD feature, although in terms of load times I've not noticed a benefit... at least I have a 120gb though. I was really hopeful that it would mean I wouldn't have to keep changing discs all the time, but I guess M$ are too strict to allow us any kind of freedom.

I do like the install to HDD feature, although in terms of load times I've not noticed a benefit... at least I have a 120gb though. I was really hopeful that it would mean I wouldn't have to keep changing discs all the time, but I guess M$ are too strict to allow us any kind of freedom.

They have to do that really though, so you don't rent a game and install it on your hard drive then take the game back but still be able to play it. It makes sense really

It would also make sense for them to add coding that would requires a periodic use of the game disc and a gamekey to validate it.

Has anyone else installed MC:LA?

Since I've done so, I've noticed alot more of slow rendering. Especially on the road... so much so that I have time to pause and take a photo, will try and post one soon.

Because I have an Elite it not really that much quieter either. :)

I hate this NXE thing. The old dash worked perfectly, and was simple. This new one is slow, unstable and ugly. It crashed twice on me yesterday.

I am also currently downloading something. Its 400MB, it would have finished by now on the old dash/XBL. Its still downloading at 60%.

I don't understand why they didn't let us choose to keep the old superior dash instead of this new crap one, and still play online. Or just implement the new features into the old dash.