We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 not in 2009?

Eudemon

Phil Harrison let out a small bit of info regarding Atari's plans for 2009 in what wasn't going to be appearing in those 12 months, 3 key titles from the looks of it including our favourite!

Source: Eurogamer

Atari plans to revisit the likes of Baldur's Gate, Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter Nights and Test Drive Unlimited, but not in the next 12 months.

"You will hear more from these but not today, because we're focused on 2009," Infogrames president Phil Harrison told hacks assembled at a press event this afternoon.

Source: Eurogamer

Maybe he's been quoted wrong and he's not talking about them right now but who knows, 2010? Meaning at least 3 (maybe even 4!) years from the original Xbox 360 release, sounds good and bad at the same time; good because the time means it should be even better than the first, bad ...well that should be obvious.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDU is becoming the freeroam Gran Turismo? lol I wonder though if the wording was wrong, you won't hear about those today.... as we're focussed on 2009 so did he mean yeah these aren't until after 2009 or these are for 2009 but will not be talked about today.

Either way I can wait, 2009 will have Race Pro, The Witcher, Ghostbusters, Riddick and many others. I'm hoping they realise that TDU is a big thing for them and are going to take the time to make it something great like the first one as the bar has been raised by MCLA for what people will expect in a game like this now.

Yup exactly - Twilight engine. They can't work on that in parrallel so they'll be improving it for AitD and then taking that and improving it further.

I really hope they add in a better networking engine though - very very tricky to create, but they've got to make something that's more tolerant of bad routers than the PC version of TDU was.

That is true kal, you would have to imagine that they have been doing some inhouse testing of this over the last couple of years not too mention they have been constantly hiring Network Engineers along with the other usuals such as Physics, Level, Model designers.

If anything I would like to think we will see TDU2 announced at E3 next year and released in Q1 of the 2010. Depending on when they announce it should tell us roughly when it's coming. :D

In a way it's good for us as I don't need to sell any more organs to pay for this place at the moment. lol

*Cries*

Ive read a few things about it but i am confused we going to hear about it in 2009 or not to be honest i thin atari are lazy. imo but never the less EA are the worst lol.

This kind of attitude only seems to come from those who don't know what they're talking about :p

How are Atari or EA lazy? Do you think it's easy to create a modern computer game (go on - try to make one yourself!) :p

That is true kal, you would have to imagine that they have been doing some inhouse testing of this over the last couple of years not too mention they have been constantly hiring Network Engineers along with the other usuals such as Physics, Level, Model designers.

If anything I would like to think we will see TDU2 announced at E3 next year and released in Q1 of the 2010. Depending on when they announce it should tell us roughly when it's coming.

In a way it's good for us as I don't need to sell any more organs to pay for this place at the moment. lol

hehe

I think you're about right with the timing - I'm not up on the ebs and flows of console release timings. Would be great to get a PC version in the same year though.

I'm a bit disappointed tbh! :o

But the wording is very confusing.

Atari aren't going to look at TDU2 for 2009!? Is that from our perspective meaning, we won't hear anything about the game; or is it from theirs meaing, their not going to do anything about the game in 2009?

I rather hope its the first option...

However, as long as the game gets properly made, I'll be happy.