We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best Driving Experience.

Jacob

i got 1 good and 1 crazy experience. and 1 craziest experience

The Good one was when me 13 year old boy, almost 14, learned to drive manual in mom's van! was pretty fun, only stalled it once, but i knew the theory already, cose i always interested myself in driving n stuff, since really really young, here in portugal most cars are manual too though, and the crazy one was when my dad went with me near the beach in his A6 3.0 TDI quattro, he was goin really calm, when suddenly started raining and we entered a curvy road, the car has auto gearbox, he pushed the thingy in the gearbox to the S (Sport Position), which makes the car Shift at higher Revs and does some weird things that make it have more aceleration, so after seein him do that i got a lil scared, cose i dont really like speeds and acelerations, then he floored it till 80 kmh, then he switched from S to Tiptronic(allows you to sequencially shift your car) and he Made the car reduce shift and floored it, shifting to 5th gear at 120, then as that wasnt enough, he floored till 160 kmh, shifting to 6th gear, then he put the gearbox back into D (Drive position) where the car shifts automatically, like Sport, but at lower revs and has lower aceleration, i stopped sweating^^ and we went back home^^

and now the craziest,: On my dad's previous A4 1.9 TDI, on the freeway we went to 230km/h, but at that time i loved speed^^, the reason i get scared of speeds and REALLY SCARED of high revs and loud tunned, or not tunned car noises is dued to a bad experience inside a work truck.. prefer not talkin bout it anymore!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is driving my uncles Active Supercharged 500HP E46 M3 on Jamaica's new highways. He has the fastest M3 on the island. He let me take it up to 190km/h (about 120mph). It was so exhilarating, since the highways are new and are toll roads their are not a lot of people who use it. So its pretty much empty all the time.

Mine is driving my uncles Active Supercharged 500HP E46 M3 on Jamaica's new highways. He has the fastest M3 on the island. He let me take it up to 190km/h (about 120mph). It was so exhilarating, since the highways are new and are toll roads their are not a lot of people who use it. So its pretty much empty all the time.

That sounds like lots of fun!

• 2 weeks later...
did 190km/h at noon time before in a Honda... what's so big deal about yours?

Best?

How do you spell "Best" ? Try brace yourself doing something more fun like highway battle in Need For Speed Undercover, before bothering to post this thread. Zig zag past traffics in very close distance while flooring the pedal all the way, that's how you spell "best" ...

I drove a Lotus Exige S around Silverstone (the bottom bit of the circuit ie Hangar, Stowe etc.) it was simply amazing, its quiet until you hit 3000 revs and then the supercharger kicks in and it just goes!!

I got to 130mph going down Hangar Straight. :)

I guess mine was being thrown around in a '95 Jap Import Impreza pushing 300BHP around the RAF Valley at Anglesey (that was this years trip, last year it was in my dads (ex) Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel XD) Very fun but very hot in the car meaning i spent the afternoon taking piccies due to feeling ill (heat plus being thrown around like that is not good for me...)

The funniest driving experience I've ever had was riding a Phaeton W12 into McDonalds Drive-in, ordering tons of food then pulling up between all those wannabes at the parking lot (in Germany there are a lot of turks who act all gangsta ***** like in their old BMWs or Golfs), opening the window and watching TV while eating in the car. That was kinda hilarious.

The craziest driving experience was when my dad and me drove to austria beating about 700 kilometres in slightly more than 4 hours...

I've had two that stick in my mind.

One would be the first time I drove. Can't even remember the car, was a Corolla or something. I lived with my best friend through my high school years due to school expulsion and family issues that arose from that, so I never got my L-Plates while I was in high school due to lack of legal guardian. So the instant I turned 18 I hopped in a car with my friend's mum and just drove and drove for several hours.

Then, last year or the year before I was suffering from one of my usual bouts of depression I stormed out of the house, hopped in my Camry and just took a night drive around town...it was one of the greatest feelings ever, my mood just skyrocketed. However, it must have been something unique to that night because I have never been able to replicate that experience in any car since.

Another highlight (made me feel important) was tearing down the 90 mile straight on the Nullarbor Plain with my friends before getting pulled over by police. Though instead of arresting us all, the two cops insisted we give them a ride in our cars. Then, to top it all off, they drove ahead of us for a ways until we reached Caiguna at the end of the straight.

I've also had my share of bad experiences which I won't go into here.

I drove a Lotus Exige S around Silverstone (the bottom bit of the circuit ie Hangar, Stowe etc.) it was simply amazing, its quiet until you hit 3000 revs and then the supercharger kicks in and it just goes!!

I got to 130mph going down Hangar Straight. :)

Fun!:thumbsup:

Too many to mention, and all on public roads (all on A roads, come to think of it...). Notably was racing a Pulsar on the way to Silverstone in the pouring rain at around 90mph, then sliding around a roundabout at about 60mph (at which point the Pulsar managed to escape).

Another would be a couple of months ago with my dad in our Saab; There's a cream, completely riced out E36 BMW 325i near where we live: It has Fox Racing wheels, a "MOTORSPORT" sticker along the top of the windshield, chrome door handles and door trim, a cheap body kit held together with duct tape, a 4" backbox, a huge wing, Lexus lights (Altezzas) and a home-made Boser hood (he's literally just got a hood that's too long for it and hammered the end down). He's a typical BMW driver and boy racer. We were going up the A4 and when we stopped at the lights, we noticed that we were parked next to him. Seeing what it was, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. We pulled away normally and he decided that even though we weren't racing (yet), he didn't want us to be infront away from the lights. And he was on the phone. He almost pulled in front of us, and my dad put his foot down, and the BMW disappeared. We got up to around 80mph and we saw sirens in the distance behind us, so we slowed back down to 40mph and sat in the middle of traffic. The BMW then passed us (the guy, after being blown away from about 10-80 thought he still had a chance, so was still trying to race, and was still on his mobile) and the police car came flying past us and after the BMW. It pulled him over, left a police office or two with the BMW driver and shot off up the A4, so we pulled round the back of PC World (by some warehouses) and parked inbetween two huge vans and quickly got inside. That was quite a rush xD. He's still around, but now he's just another person who knows that not to play with our Saab anymore.

Tonight tis my birthday so I went driving with my dad at a campsite I go to all the time...

There was tons of Snow and I turned the TCS off and went drifting.. I found i'm actually really good at it, and can hold AWESOME slides.. Then Dad a more skilled driver, just floored it and did huge drifts down the road, and we made a drift course in a parking lot of the Campsite.. Was MAJOR FUN!!!!

I can't choose between 275km/h in a 612 Scaglietti, 265km/h in an Impreza on the Nürburgring or 260/270 km/h in a Gallardo on the Nürburgring, or playing with a F430 and Gallardo in a small village, Should i go for the awesome sound of a Spyker C8 Spyder on a windy country road, or should i choose 220km/h on a country road in an M3 Hamann. I don't know :'(