We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

As of mentioned in beta forums here is my;

List of things that needs improving : (bugs not included)

Gameplay:

-Car automatically presses throttle or gives the impression of doubleclutch whenever you change gear, it's quite annoying when you stand still or in a car that doesn't have double clutch feature.

-You have to change H-shifter/Sequential gearbox option manually depending on the car (can't enable both modes at the same time)

-Car doesn't go into neutral when changing gears with H-shifter REASON : huge lag in gear changes

-There is no option to default the controller/wheel settings < can someone tell me how if anyone figured it out.

-No option to turn off the skill challenges or their notifications

-Auto brake becomes annoying after a while (it brakes for you when going in low speeds)

Graphics :

-Better sampling needed on AA and AF settings, the distant objects look very sketchy (I am running on highest aa setting and I've tried them all)

-Extreme noise filter at night times, actually it's on all the time you just don't notice it in daylight. This is an artifact from TDU2 like some of the things.

Physics

First of all anyone who says cars feel floaty is suffering from playing the game with a gamepad or keyboard. The problem for a wheel user is :

- Too much grip

- Very low amount of force feedback on low speeds

- Very hard to spin the back tires given the amount of power the car has

- Car is so easy to control no matter the style

- No understeer

- Oversteers feel very artificial

- G-force head movements multiplier or the overall factor have to be decreased. Impossible to use the cockpit view at times.

-There is a fair amount of deadzone in the forcefeedback of the wheel. The actual steering deadzone can be turned off unlike TDU2 however force feedback doesn't kick in until about 15-20 degrees.

-There is no rumble and oscillation on force feedback, the roads are not smooth as silk yet the wheel tells me they are, this needs improving. Even on dirt roads the rumble is minimal and very rustic.

-I've driven about 6 cars as of now and all have extremely high engine inertias.

if you have similar issues discuss so I feel better :cheeky:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Car doesn't go into neutral when changing gears with H-shifter REASON : huge lag in gear changes

G25 players in TDU1 had an acceleration advantage because of that, I suspect that's the reason behind it. We may not notice the lag as much in faster/tuned cars.

-No option to turn off the skill challenges or their notifications

I could hide the skill challenges by turning off everything in the HUD, but that doesn't stop me accidentally activating them.

-Auto brake becomes annoying after a while (it brakes for you when going in low speeds)

The threshold is 50kph

First of all anyone who says cars feel floaty is suffering from playing the game with a gamepad or keyboard. The problem for a wheel user is :

- Too much grip

- Very low amount of force feedback on low speeds

- Very hard to spin the back tires given the amount of power the car has

- Car is so easy to control no matter the style

- No understeer

- Oversteers feel very artificial

I'm in the Dodge Challenger, which handles like a boat. Although I suspect the car in real life also handles like a boat, so who knows.

On a long hairpin I managed to properly break traction and slide, but I had the wheel turned more than 180 degrees at the time. Maybe try reducing the Wheel Rotation setting in the profiler and see if that changes anything???

Driving in the mountains (esp icy roads) is fun - but everywhere else driving (this car) feels like a bit of a chore.

I'll be playing again in a few hours if anyone wants to catch up. Make sure you've sent me a Ubi friend request in advance.

Anyone else finding the force feedback a bit... weird?

I get 0 feedback when the wheel is straight, but as soon as I turn the wheel more than about 20 degrees it just shakes, which can get a little bit annoying, and I doubt that's realistic on smooth tarmac.

I absolutely hate the fact I'm unable to post at the official Closed Beta-forums, because moderators want to approve my posts - which they never do!

Regards

X8X8X aka JagEngland

yeah I have the same problem for some reason. I post with my other account.

--- Post Updated ---

Anyone else finding the force feedback a bit... weird?

I get 0 feedback when the wheel is straight, but as soon as I turn the wheel more than about 20 degrees it just shakes, which can get a little bit annoying, and I doubt that's realistic on smooth tarmac.

also mentioned in my list, all artifacts from tdu2.

Think there was a patch last night, because I just booted it up, uPlay started downloading something, and FFB is now way, way better.

No more shaking when you turn the wheel, and fairly decent feedback when going over bumps, off road, etc. I'm actually finding it quite enjoyable to cruise round now.

Getting tired of being told that I'm not high enough level :P That oversight of the level cap is getting real old now.

I'd prefer if when you set a target, the distance showed the distance of your route, not the 'as the crow flies' distance. Yesterday I drove from Miami to LA and was wondering why the distance kept going up despite the fact I was doing 160mph :P

PATHFINDING Talking of setting a target, Jesus wept the highways are screwy. Unless there are physically 2 separate 1 way highways, the GPS and traffic will do seriously dumb things, like suggesting you cross 2 lanes of oncoming freeway traffic, instead of using your offramp. On my LA run I had one instance where the GPS told me to cut left and join a road via the onramp for opposing traffic, when I skipped that it told me to go past my offramp in the right (which looped around to join the other highway) and instead perform a U turn and use the off ramp for opposing traffic. (Which I'm guessing is because it saw that as a more direct route). This has resulted in blindsiding traffic making these manoeuvres as they decide to cut across me as I do over 150mph

Oh, and Nitrous feels cheap as hell. If you follow a railroad track and hit 110mph (the speed cap for railroad tracks) and hit nitrous your head will be pulled back like you're under huge acceleration... and you will stay at 110mph :P

Edit 1 - PvP lobbies, I dislike that the winner picks the next race, it would allow someone to pick a race they can always win, lots of people seem to pick the airport race over the chicago one, for example, because they suck at driving and don't like that they can't cut every corner :P

Edit 1 - PvP lobbies, I dislike that the winner picks the next race, it would allow someone to pick a race they can always win, lots of people seem to pick the airport race over the chicago one, for example, because they suck at driving and don't like that they can't cut every corner :P
Good point, sounds like a voting system would be a better way to go.

I was able to play this briefly this morning before I went to work, trying to play it this evening seems to be completely impossible though. Five minutes of the game doing next to nothing after I "Press Any Button to Play", then another five minutes of seemingly nothing after that and then the game crashes to desktop if I'm lucky, or continues to sit there doing nothing.

Not sure what has happened since this morning, but it's kind of annoying as I now actually have time to try it out. Guessing it is just high server load or something.

Oh, and Nitrous feels cheap as hell. If you follow a railroad track and hit 110mph (the speed cap for railroad tracks) and hit nitrous your head will be pulled back like you're under huge acceleration... and you will stay at 110mph :P

yeah nfs used to do that. When you came to a realize all pushing that button does is give you a little bit of power and lots of sw4g