We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Move Over Veyron!!

G3RMAN

Its is offical the Shelby SSC ultimate aero is the worlds fastest production vehicle.With a top speed of 412.28 KP/h and from Sydney to Canberra at top speed it would take 40 minutes allowing for tolls easily 90 seconds ahead of your slowpoke Veyron owning buddy

Old news but am I right in stating that if the Veyron wasn't limited due to its tyres it will still be as fast or faster than the SSC. Also has the SSC officially been recorded or not as i remember it was unofficial at one stage. And I'm sure something else is faster than the SSC now.

Its faster but the Veyron's interior is at the top, the SSC also has a good interior, but the Bugatti Veyron is easy to drive and probably every part costs about $4000 (According to Top Gear)... if the Veyron cut off some weight, it probably might be faster

from Sydney to Canberra at top speed it would take 40 minutes allowing for tolls easily 90 seconds ahead of your slowpoke Veyron owning buddy

Except that they would both have to refuel about 4 times... and the Aero would require a service half way along the route, whereas the Veyron has normal service intervals. :rolleyes:

Haha move over Veyron? No chance, the Veyron with 1200bhp would kill this thing and still be as comfortable and manageable as it's known to be. The SSC is also what 70-80% the weight of the Veyron, it might be faster but people seem to forget the Veyron is limited, yes that's right limited to 253mph. The tires have been tested at 257mph comfortably (meaning more speed is available but at a higher risk) but they made the decision to take 4mph off for safety reasons.

Watch the top gear video and notice how the Veyron still has about 1700rpm left and is no where near redlining or maxxing it's engine. The Veyron doesn't need to hold the fastest title in the world as VW and it's engineers know nothing can touch it as an all round package.

Anyway it looks like 9ff will be taking their GT9 to 260mph later this year. And there's rumour of some other small company aiming for 270mph.

Plus the SSC looks a rip off of so many cars including my namesake, no originality as usual.

I read somwhere that Hennessey are aiming at the Veyron. They said they are doing their own supercar last year but haven`t heard nothing about it since that article I read...:rolleyes:

They will probably make it based off the Viper, or a new Viper TT...

anyways if they CCXR, Veyron and Aero TT race, the Veyron would win, its very stable at high speeds, the CCXR Edition would lose due because it goes from 0-60 in only 3.1 secs, which is equal to/close to the McLaren F1/Ferrari Enzo and according to Top Gear if a McLaren F1 is going 120MPH and the Veyron races it, the Veyron would beat it to 200MPH, probably the same with the CCXR Edition.

Not really but I respect it immensely for what it can do and how easily and reliable it is at doing it. All the others so far have been pretenders. Even the CCX/R are lightweight compared to the Veyron. It's just an amazing piece of engineering that noone except Bugatti (probably) will ever equal.

Humm, I have to agree with you on that one. Even though I`m a Koenigsegg fan, I`ll never dissrespect the other`s work.;)

But, here are some of mine arguments :

1. Koenigsegg is way cheaper

2. Koenigsegg is almost as fast as Veyron

3. Koenigsegg has V8

And I suspect your arrguments will be (my answers) :

1. Because of the cheap interior and less luxury (Still, it`s about 300.000 cheaper :p)

2. But Veyron is still the faster one (check V)

3. But Koenigsegg have turbocharges (Hell yeah, and Veyron has two V8s combined and also has turbocharge)

Humm, I have to agree with you on that one. Even though I`m a Koenigsegg fan, I`ll never dissrespect the other`s work.;)

But, here are some of mine arguments :

1. Koenigsegg is way cheaper

2. Koenigsegg is almost as fast as Veyron

3. Koenigsegg has V8

4. Koenigsegg can run on E85