We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they put in fuel consumption, I hope that they put in a consumption rate that is variable with speed, rather than a straight rate that is independent of speed. That way if you are cruising at a slow speed your tank will last longer, rather than going at a slow speed and consuming fuel like you are going flat out.

if they put in fuel consumption, I hope that they put in a consumption rate that is variable with speed, rather than a straight rate that is independent of speed. That way if you are cruising at a slow speed your tank will last longer, rather than going at a slow speed and consuming fuel like you are going flat out.

i totally agree with you!

• 2 weeks later...

First and formost hello everybody I'm new here.The number one thing I want to see in the next TDU game is my beloved DMC D-12 De Lorean in game!Btw anybody know of a Delorean mod for TDU?:D

Well for those that are not happy about the offroad vehicles,might I remind you of this little game from 1997?

Test_Drive_Off-Road.jpg

Many of you are possibly too young to remember, so we can let that slide lol.Me being from Texas,I have a love for Rally racing and off roading.I hope we see some WRX STI'S and Evos!

I do hope that they keep the different types of vehicles handiling charecteristics relitive to the surface they are on.Also if they include Evo's and such let us have an option to chose road tires and off road tires.:thumbsup:

I think that will keep us all happy.But I do agree that they should keep TDU2 as close to the original formula without breaking the game with this new concept.:cool:

NOOOOOOOO! Not GfWL! As far as I can tell that label means that there will be no tangible online mode (unless you pay Microsoft). I have 2 GfWL titles - and on both, when I go to the multiplayer races area - none are found, no players online, nothing.

If TDU2 includes the TDU 1 island + a new one, I see no reason to continue playing TDU 1.

:confused: Isn't GTAIV on GfWL? And it works fine? At least it does for me.

It is indeed, and it works for me too, but I've seen a lot of people complaining that it doesn't work for them. And it's generally quite a bad system, with it braking things (Fallout 3 Broken Steel DLC) and people in certain countries not able to create an account (unless they choose another country which is supported) etc. I really wouldn't like TDU2 to have it.

Don't count on it, a lot is going on at Atari right now though there is promise of them announcing at one of their own events rather than a trade show event. Then again this is Atari (as they are known for a few more weeks or such) we are talking about.

from what ive read else where and stuff i know that atari is going to be no more in europe or changing their name, can't remember where i read it though, might be why they ain't at e3, or not at e3 as atari as they did say they was there in other ways so ive read

Don't count on it, a lot is going on at Atari right now though there is promise of them announcing at one of their own events rather than a trade show event. Then again this is Atari (as they are known for a few more weeks or such) we are talking about.

Explain?

from what ive read else where and stuff i know that atari is going to be no more in europe or changing their name, can't remember where i read it though, might be why they ain't at e3, or not at e3 as atari as they did say they was there in other ways so ive read

But what have you read, i'm still none the wiser.

Atari will be no more in Europe, Atari will only be Atari in North America as an online distributor (iirc). Namco Bandai are exercising the right to fully own Distribution Partners (DP) the company Atari Europe setup to handle it's own and others distribution across Europe and PAL regions (I think). Namco Bandai bought a 34% stake in DP last year are now set to buy the remaining 66% of DP and wholly own it.

Atari London (UK) will still have a main office and the Atari Europe staff will have jobs with whatever the newly renamed company becomes known as. Infogrames is still alive and well but to be honest I have no real idea what is going beyond what I have just said. For example we don't know will happen to the Atari forums, websites etc (maybe a rebrand?) and also there is not much known about what effects if any this will have on other items such as inhouse devs, IP's etc...

Check out MCVUK if you want to know more.