We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you look at the attendees list, Atari is at the next E3, and they're having a booth AND a meeting room =D i think they may have something big to show reviewers ;) considering big companies like bethesda only have a booth too.

oh, not too much, all cars involved would be F.U.B.A.R.

(fouled up beyond all recognition)

most likely an explosion would occur, debris field for probably at least 1-2,000 yards

people nearby would remember the sound for the rest of their lives, the paramedics would have nightmares about what they found when they arrived......

Sure its a WIP and not even announced, seriously.. Are they reusing cars? :confused: Cause they look the same to me.. If so.. this game will be really easy to mod and switch cars around and rims. :lol:

Or even Off road buggy to TDU.. :lol: Or taking cars from TDU2 into TDU. Wow i can see a whole lot of mayhem if they do use same files (.bnk) etc.

Guest RB26DETT

We all noticed it. Of course they won't show actual screenshots of the next game this early. TDU2 is still in development so they're using the old models and textures for testing first.

Sure its a WIP and not even announced, seriously.. Are they reusing cars? :confused: Cause they look the same to me.. If so.. this game will be really easy to mod and switch cars around and rims. :lol:

Or even Off road buggy to TDU.. :lol: Or taking cars from TDU2 into TDU. Wow i can see a whole lot of mayhem if they do use same files (.bnk) etc.

Well maybe, NFS has always used .viv files *Crosses fingers*

SHOOT! I just recently bought Test Drive Unlimited and now your telling us there is a NEW ONE COMING OUT! Man i need to save up if I wanna get this game. I think I will stick with my not yet recieved Test Drive Unlimited. I have heard about it but thought it was fake. Now I hear (looking at info on different site) that it comes out late 2009 and was supposed to release March of last year. Dang, I cant wait to see how it looks

still plenty of time to enjoy TDU 1 before we get any official info regarding TDU2.

as for that projected release date, maybe maybe not. but hopefully it comes out this year.

i have nothing to back this up, it is just a hunch, but if it is released this year it will most likely be around christmas time. just because that would be a good time to release it sales wise.

and yeah, it should be awesome, they have certainly had enough time to make it mind blowing

From the German Forum, TDU-Gameprophets:

Hey Leute,

also ich hab bis jetzt zufälligerweiße auch ein paar Informationen über Test Drive Unlimited 2 erhalten, weil ich hab mit nem Atari-Mitarbeiter Kontakt aufgenommen bezüglich der Preordercodes für die 360-Version (nebenbei: hab sogar welche bekommen aber Microsoft hat alle Codes deaktiviert weil sie zu alt sind, is also nicht mehr möglich die 4 POC-Autos zu bekommen) und dann bin ich halt auf Test Drive Unlimited 2 gekommen und er hat mir folgende Infos verraten:

* Es wird Offroad Fahrten geben (u.a. mit Autos wie Audi Q7)

* Verschiedene neue Online-Modi (u.a. Verfolgungsjagd mit Freunden oder man kann mit Freunden zusammen in einem Auto fahren)

* Desweiteren sprach er von wunderschöner Grafik und von einer "beautiful new world where you can explore as much as you want"

* Erscheinungstermin soll Ende 2009/Anfang 2010 sein

Hört sich doch sehr gut an, bloß ob die Sache mit dem Erscheinungstermin dann auch klappt wag ich zu bezweifeln

translation:

"Hey Folks,

I have accidental got some news about Test Drive Unlimited 2 because I got in touch with an employee of Atari because of preordercodes of the Xbox360 version [...] and then I began to talk about Test Drive Unlimited and he divulged me following infos:

*I´ll be offroad-races (with cars like Audi Q7 for exapmle)

*There will be some new online-modes (chases with friends or you can drive with your friends in one car)

*Furtheron he talked about wonderful graphics and of a "beautiful new world where you can explore as much as you want"

*Release should be end of 2009/ start of 2010

Sound very well but if the thing with the release works I risk to doubt."

I hope I translated good for you ;)

Source and post: http://tdu.gameprophets.com/forum/thread.php?postid=659751#post659751

So this guy contacted Atari regarding the Pre-order codes and was told what we know in that they have since expired and then voluntarily divulged this info about TDU2?

I'm sure you guys know why I am scratching my head at this considering the UK/European codes were umm known to me. lol

From the German Forum, TDU-Gameprophets:

translation:

"Hey Folks,

I have accidental got some news about Test Drive Unlimited 2 because I got in touch with an employee of Atari because of preordercodes of the Xbox360 version [...] and then I began to talk about Test Drive Unlimited and he divulged me following infos:

*I´ll be offroad-races (with cars like Audi Q7 for exapmle)

*There will be some new online-modes (chases with friends or you can drive with your friends in one car)

*Furtheron he talked about wonderful graphics and of a "beautiful new world where you can explore as much as you want"

*Release should be end of 2009/ start of 2010

Sound very well but if the thing with the release works I risk to doubt."

I hope I translated good for you ;)

Source and post: http://tdu.gameprophets.com/forum/thread.php?postid=659751#post659751

There's a funny smell in here, one which if typed would likely get me suspended.

See I as much as anyone would love to believe this as it means PASSENGER-CAM is in!! lol Not that I haven't said much about my want for it of course. :D

Yeah. knowing you, you'd want passenger cam to be in the passenger's footwell...then when you pick up the models...

If carrying friends as passengers around actually makes it, I wonder if that means they would be able to 1) Hear what your radio is playing, 2) Control their window individually from yours, and 3) Hire someone else to do a "Vehicle Delivery" of their car to get it back to their house while they are riding with you, but if they don't, then they need to hire someone else to do a "Hitch-hiker Mission" from wherever they were dropped off back to their car (if walking isn't an option).

The third one may be a bit much, but I think it would be pretty cool if it were implemented into the game.

If carrying friends as passengers around actually makes it, I wonder if that means they would be able to 1) Hear what your radio is playing, 2) Control their window individually from yours, and 3) Hire someone else to do a "Vehicle Delivery" of their car to get it back to their house while they are riding with you, but if they don't, then they need to hire someone else to do a "Hitch-hiker Mission" from wherever they were dropped off back to their car (if walking isn't an option).

The third one may be a bit much, but I think it would be pretty cool if it were implemented into the game.

that would be soooo cool:thumbsup::excited::nuts::drool: