We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope that there are lots of off-road routes :P And the 8 players/server would be up at least to 16 players/server. And the ingame mic chat on pc would be gone...One day when my brother was cruising,there was this stupid moron who played some kind of siren sound and played that he was a cop. The sound gave me a MASSIVE headache before my bro ignored that guy.

@SuperhyperTDU

That guy with the siren sound, was his name coincidentally "HonoluluCopDriver"?^^

I have no idea but GOSH he was sure loud!

You can just turn the voice chat down to 0 in the options...

Yes,I have done it but my bro and I guess that many other players that don't know about that option are very annoyed about them

maps for tdu2

Guys, you know what....

For TDU2, I wish they release mega map package (to be sold separatedly), something like by country:

- United States (map size: 500 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $150

- Germany (map size: 90 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $100

- Japan (map size: 120 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $100

- Australia (map size: 450 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $100

Something like that..... that would be great. Hawaii, Oahu island is just way too small...

You know we got Mega packs for cars, so why not to have mega packs for maps? I would love to drive in Autobahn in Germany. You get a nice smooth stretched road there. That is what the buyers want.

:monkeydance:

That would be really cool, but I don't ever see that happening (with any game), ever. It would take a lot of time and probably wouldn't be very accurate.

And they might as well give you a 500GB hard drive instead of a Blu-Ray disc so you wouldn't have to wait for it to install :).

Guys, you know what....

For TDU2, I wish they release mega map package (to be sold separatedly), something like by country:

- United States (map size: 500 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $150

- Germany (map size: 90 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $100

- Japan (map size: 120 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $100

- Australia (map size: 450 GB - multiple blu-ray media) $100

Something like that..... that would be great. Hawaii, Oahu island is just way too small...

Do you know how big USA is? and Australia?

Dude, I bet making all those real roads and skyscrapers and etc in Oahu was heck difficult, The designers and game makers burned the heck out of their brain cells to make TDU1 because of it's perfection.

Imagine making something as big as either one of those countries you've pointed out. It's madness!

Games like TDU, GRID, PGR 5 and others are not as easy as you think mate. ;)

:umm:some day, hope I'll be alive by then, they won't have to model anything for a TDU game except maybe cars. Google Earth based online digital 3D world will be more than enough to support any game based on actual scenes, like TDU.

Therefore, driving games will actually be cars'n'challenges packs with endless driving possibilities! :drool:

If we don't ruin the planet in the meantime, I give 20 years or so for this to happen...;)

^ I guess you guys are right.. It's a bit of stretch to incorporate those mega maps in to TDU2.

I guess what i meant to say is think of the possibilities like BobbyV pointed out... there is great potential with today's technologies even.. IIRC the TDU1 developers used satellite images to develop the map of Oahu.. Apply the same technique for the rest of United States... if not, try other smaller countries like Germany or Japan...

but yea, it's easier said then done. hehehehe...:cry:

Whilst doing Australia and The United States of America are a bit ridiculous and Germany and Japan are a bit ambitious... Tasmania, however, would be much more straight forward than those places. With a reputation for GREAT driving roads (motorcyclists from around the country and even the world flock here for our roads) and beautiful scenery too, would be a pretty grand idea.. No bias there or anything...

However, I can see that this probably just plain won't happen

However, Tasmania is a smallish place and would work quite well... Some artistic licence would have to be put in in regards to nice car and bike dealers but yeah... It'd be stonking brilliant

I'm fine with an updated version of Hawaii (Oahu) :)

* Maybe pedestrians, animals etc. Maybe more different AI cars, which can also be drivable. (Like normal affordable road cars)

** Not always a 'sideroad', where this Muira is parked ;)

*** Even more realistic driving experience. Just less arcade, if you wanna play an arcade game, go play NFS or something

**** Maybe damage?

***** When I'm driving 70 miles an hour, it feels like I'm driving 25 miles an hour. So more speed sensitive :P

That's it for now :D

I think that if we had to pay for the petrol then we would not go around wasting cash on all the cars we liked if they ran on the same fuel ration as the real thing... i.e. a VW Golf R32 would not use the same amount of Juice as an Enzo in the round the Island Challenge!!! And if you had to stop for petrol I wonder how that would affect the times and the game? well I would love that in the game Paying for patrol to fill up, instead of a never-ending tank???

I think that if we had to pay for the petrol then we would not go around wasting cash on all the cars we liked if they ran on the same fuel ration as the real thing... i.e. a VW Golf R32 would not use the same amount of Juice as an Enzo in the round the Island Challenge!!! And if you had to stop for petrol I wonder how that would affect the times and the game? well I would love that in the game Paying for patrol to fill up, instead of a never-ending tank???

agree and had to go to another station because in one there are too much people :P that give more realism and realistic prices not invented

agree and had to go to another station because in one there are too much people :P that give more realism and realistic prices not invented

What if there was not another garage for 50 miles and you was on the red...

you would have to wait then?

what if you went past the garage then looked at ya fuel guage 5 miles down the road...very interesting...do I have enough to get back to that garage or should I push on slower?:confused:

TDU2 is going to be awesome! I hope there will be some diesel trucks - Ram Cummins Diesel - and if there is a diesel, you've gotta be able to blow some black smoke around. The whole petrol deal sounds pretty good...maybe throw some diesel stations in the mix? And let's see if we can get some Bentleys or Rolls Royce this time around.