We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help! I'm becoming a Brit!

Immelmann

You moved to France with ur age of 15 :confused:

u actually mean ur parents moved to France ;).

Well, I think I know the reason why anybody moves to south France. Because he can! :D Who on Earth wouldn't live there!!:drool:

:oook: If i say my parents moved to france then that sounds as if they left me :p

Elliott, i also reccomend the chris moyles podcast to go with the scott mills one :)

as cities go my favourite is chester, it's got nice architecture, a good pace of life in the city centre, and some genuinely alternative shops.

sure, britain is a hole but there's some beauty left in old blighty yest, you just have to go where there's no people :P

i love driving my bike up into the welsh hills because the views are brilliant, really breathtaking.

you have to see some of the views to believe them, the paths up around afon glasyn are great.

Well, the main idea of the thread was to find out about the place, as you all seem to be from the UK. We're thinking the UK will be a more interesting vacation place than Norway or something, so yes. Do you think it would be a good place to vacation? Why or why not?

Oh, and about the title, I seem to be turning into a Brit. I rarely listen to anything but the Kaiser Chiefs or Franz Ferdinand, I watch British TV, the only podcast I subscribe to is Scott Mills, and I try only to listen to Radio 1.

My ex-Ka driving (hehe) English tech teacher says I shouldn't know what any of the aforementioned things are. :p

I trust it is at least good for a car person ;)

Dude don't do it man :( ............

I seem to be the complete opposite to you, I love Canada, I watch Canadian tv (Hockey Night In Canada, The Border & TSN) I love Hockey, I'm a big fan of Canadian Football, I love your lifestyle, I love the way you guys talk aboot eh :cheeky: ! and I wanna emigrate to Calgary ....

Put it this way dude there's a reason why Canada is the second most popular destination only to Australia for ex pat Brits because its a better life ok sure waking up to snow on the drive every day for 4 months could get abit annoying after a while but thats what snowploughs are for and the relaxed way you guys lead your life, your very outdoors people and not to mention even Toronto with all its gun crime, drugs and murders is probably safer than any UK city after dark .....

UK is not all what it cracked up to be its overated and thats coming from a Brit .... altough if your gonna holiday over here I suggest the Lake District its nice up there and you'll find that the cost of things over here is massive compared to Canada ... you guys complain about your taxes there nothing to what we Brits face :sulk:.

Good for a car person ??? Nah not unless your like Euroboxes ... if you like them then yeah its a fantastic place but even then it gets boring ... atleast you Canucks have American, Japanese and European cars .....

Stay in Canada hell holiday over in Western Canada .... its better over that way anyway :cheeky:.

^ For us Brits, its damn nice weather at the moment, although it isn't the middle of summer yet. We may get some nasty weather again, but hopefully not. However for people like you who are used to awesome weather most of the time, its freezing here. I think it was about 10-11 degrees Celcius for the best part of today.

Yep... awesome weather. IN THE FRIKIN POSTCARDS! Right now I'm freezing here, surely it never snows in this state of the country but its raining badly and freezing winds are blowing right now. Well thats because winter is near but still. It was hot yesterday -_-". Well, must be nothing compared to the UK though, hehe.

We must have reach about 16 degrees today :D It was boiling haha!

lol I will always remember the scene from the time when I was a teen, visiting Cambridge...that day was...say 25°C...I got out and saw the guy who owned the house I stayed in...half naked, watering the garden...evidently dying from the unbearable heat :D....I was like...WTF? u kiddin' me? ;)

lol I will always remember the scene from the time when I was a teen, visiting Cambridge...that day was...say 25°C...I got out and saw the guy who owned the house I stayed in...half naked, watering the garden...evidently dying from the unbearable heat :D....I was like...WTF? u kiddin' me? ;)

Lol, agreed. These Brits don't know the meaning of heat! :)

It's been around 80-85°F, which is 26-29°C here in here South Florida. :thumbsup:

Britain isn't really that good as it's made out to be, i live in Manchester near the Lake District, yeh we have the most succesful football team ever but thats not really important. There is not alot of places to visit that are very interesting in Britain except maybe the Scottish mountains, Welsh Mountains, the Isle of Man for you speed freaks and the Lake/Peak District here in north west England. Don't bother with London, everyone says its incredible but its not, its just another crowded city, woooo, the Queen lives there but you never see her, woooo, Big Ben, a bell in a clock tower...(it's true, Big Ben is actually the bell you never see, not the clock tower)

The weather here is SHOCKING, winter we go to -10, summer it is in the mid 20's constantly going up to 30's and it's so humid here, it's unbearable. Not forgetting that we get ALL the worlds illegal immigrants and polish immigrants and the goverment have recently said they'll put income tax up to 50% for those earning over 150k a year!

Britain isn't worth coming to for vacation unless your retired or like weather that can change from 25 degrees to heavy rain in 5 minutes....

Not forgetting that we get ALL the worlds illegal immigrants and polish immigrants and the goverment have recently said they'll put income tax up to 50% for those earning over 150k a year!

Right... let me guess, you read the daily mail.

The weather here is SHOCKING, winter we go to -10, summer it is in the mid 20's constantly going up to 30's and it's so humid here, it's unbearable.

Its not that humid at all, most hot countrys are way more humid, i mean the UK isn't hot enougth to feel the humidity properly.

Don't bother with London, everyone says its incredible but its not, its just another crowded city, woooo, the Queen lives there but you never see her, woooo, Big Ben, a bell in a clock tower...(it's true, Big Ben is actually the bell you never see, not the clock tower)

London is suppose to be a great tourist place, we're you really thinking when you went you we're going to have a tea party with the queen at the top of big ben while the royal guards searve you cream tea?

---

Sorry, i know this is a very negitive post but that wound me up, i'm not very patriotic but...

Britain isn't really that good as it's made out to be, i live in Manchester near the Lake District, yeh we have the most succesful football team ever but thats not really important. There is not alot of places to visit that are very interesting in Britain except maybe the Scottish mountains, Welsh Mountains, the Isle of Man for you speed freaks and the Lake/Peak District here in north west England. Don't bother with London, everyone says its incredible but its not, its just another crowded city, woooo, the Queen lives there but you never see her, woooo, Big Ben, a bell in a clock tower...(it's true, Big Ben is actually the bell you never see, not the clock tower)

The weather here is SHOCKING, winter we go to -10, summer it is in the mid 20's constantly going up to 30's and it's so humid here, it's unbearable. Not forgetting that we get ALL the worlds illegal immigrants and polish immigrants and the goverment have recently said they'll put income tax up to 50% for those earning over 150k a year!

Britain isn't worth coming to for vacation unless your retired or like weather that can change from 25 degrees to heavy rain in 5 minutes....

All I can offer as advice is, don't get too caught up in the press. Go out and explore it for yourself. Sure these things are going on but they don't stop it being a good place to visit. I live down South and we have a large Polish community down here, have done since the close of the second world war. They only come here because there are voids to be filled. They work, therefore they are taxed. A lot of them go home because of the ridiculous cost of living here. I noticed you conveniently forgot to mention the hordes of bone idle English people that suck up state cash.

But none of this is really relevant, all these social issues aren't going to affect a tourist are they?

Yes there are problems, just don't get flattened by propaganda.

All I can offer as advice is, don't get too caught up in the press. Go out and explore it for yourself. Sure these things are going on but they don't stop it being a good place to visit. I live down South and we have a large Polish community down here, have done since the close of the second world war. They only come here because there are voids to be filled. They work, therefore they are taxed. A lot of them go home because of the ridiculous cost of living here. I noticed you conveniently forgot to mention the hordes of bone idle English people that suck up state cash.

But none of this is really relevant, all these social issues aren't going to affect a tourist are they?

Yes there are problems, just don't get flattened by propaganda.

Wow someone with a brain for once :) +rep if i can.