We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

This [/url]:lol:

this[/url]

:nods:

THIS[/url]. :)

. And we're done here. :cheeky: Or maybe not. Sometime this week I'll try to film the Civic ('02 with VTEC engine and intake) on some acceleration runs. It's closer to what you'll get in the practical (read: non-swapped, no huge mods, no fart can) world. :)

-Leadfoot

When you're learning (unlicensed) you have an L plate, then when you first get your license (18 years of age or older) you get a P plate, which tells everyone else you're a hoon probationary driver. :lol:

As of mid-2009, there are 2 P plates, the first one has the most restrictions, the second one allows a few other things such as the use of hands-free bluetooth for your phone.

P1 and P2 Probationary licence restrictions : VicRoads

When you're learning (unlicensed) you have an L plate, then when you first get your license (18 years of age or older) you get a P plate, which tells everyone else you're a hoon probationary driver. :lol:

As of mid-2009, there are 2 P plates, the first one has the most restrictions, the second one allows a few other things such as the use of hands-free bluetooth for your phone.

P1 and P2 Probationary licence restrictions : VicRoads

Daaamn :eek: That's a lot of restrictions. Here we have a learner's plate on the car while we're ... learning ... and once you get your license you're done. I personally don't get the point for further restrictions like those. :hmmm: When do you get to take those off the car?

Nice Corolla Prophecy, it looks to be in good shape. We had one of those when I was a little child. :D

P1 is for 1 year I think, then P2 for 2 years, but if you get intro trouble (i.e. tickets) they can make you keep them longer. If you're a good driver you get your full license in 3 years (if you got your P's as soon as your turned 18, you're fully qualified at 21). There's a lot of young idiots with old fast crappy Holdens who can't drive and end up drinking anyway, so instead of better driver education they just impose more restrictions.... which they break anyway.

What really irks me is the database of "High Performance" vehicles that P platers can't drive. For example, you're not allowed to drive a slow 1.2 litre 77TSI Golf (roughly 103BHP) because it's turbo charged, but you're more than welcome to drive the 3.2 litre V6 Golf R32 which has 246BHP. :fp: Even the diesel Golf's (which are ok to drive) are faster than that 77TSI.

The only good thing is I have an excuse to not let my younger siblings drive my car, because it is too powerful :p

Yeah they really dropped the ball on the car restrictions... I read a similar comparison somewhere that really stuck in my mind. Cayman S- legal for p platers, 88 daihatsu charade- outlawed. The idiots that go and kill themselves only want to drive their stupid looking 'fully sik brah' commodores anyway...

Indeed. At a t-intersection of 2 main roads near my house i've beaten faster, more expensive cars off the line. Its a traffic light, i turn right, theres 2 lanes that turn right, but like... the outer turning lane ends after about 100-150m (maybe 200m). To be fair, I always go for the inside lane, but i've never been beaten by anything in the outside lane, even when they just floor it and try to get around me, the rolla is too quick, it seems :lol:

You'd benefit by not having an electronic pedal - so no lag, plus your car is lighter, and a lot of normal new cars are not fast by any means, which I was surprised to learn when I tested a bunch of hatchbacks back in Feb 2010. Your car is probably also twin-cam, I'm guessing, like mine was. I have a very similar intersection near my house - sometimes it's better to take the outside lane as it's not as tight, so you can get the power on earlier. When you're on the inside you have to slow a tad because the kerb sticks out a bit more than it probably should.

Indeed. At a t-intersection of 2 main roads near my house i've beaten faster, more expensive cars off the line. Its a traffic light, i turn right, theres 2 lanes that turn right, but like... the outer turning lane ends after about 100-150m (maybe 200m). To be fair, I always go for the inside lane, but i've never been beaten by anything in the outside lane, even when they just floor it and try to get around me, the rolla is too quick, it seems :lol:

:hmmm: Like when I found out my friends '93 1.3L Corolla was as fast as the Mazda from traffic lights. >.< At least his car is nowhere near as fast as the Focus though. :lol:

Although the older cars may be as fast going in a straight line, as soon as hey get to the corners he more modern cars are much quicker.

It's the weight that does it. Old cars weigh nothing compared to new ones. Add a few well placed suspension mods and some power to an old car and it would easily keep up with a new one.

My 406 weigh in around 1450 kg and my Corolla is about 850 kg, but it has no chance anywhere to keep up with the 406 (93 bhp difference). But i'm pretty sure with a few more horsepower, decent suspension and better tires it would smoke it on a track.