We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

It's the weight that does it. Old cars weigh nothing compared to new ones. Add a few well placed suspension mods and some power to an old car and it would easily keep up with a new one.

My 406 weigh in around 1450 kg and my Corolla is about 850 kg, but it has no chance anywhere to keep up with the 406 (93 bhp difference). But i'm pretty sure with a few more horsepower, decent suspension and better tires it would smoke it on a track.

Hehe, a similar older car wanted to take me off at the lights tonight, I wasn't in the mood at first but then figured 'what the hell' and poked the throttle a bit more to engage the supercharger. He didn't stand a chance :cheeese: I had the battery disconnected most of today while installing the rear view camera (that was really fun), which meant all the throttle pedal adaptions were reset, which meant the car was a rocket on the way home tonight. After that surge I was beating all sorts of other fast cars, Commodores, a Skyline, Lancer, and even an R32. As much as I would love a GTI, I would miss the no turbo-lag nonsense that the supercharger brings.

Will try to get photos of the camera in action later, or might even try to get creative in mounting the GoPro on the way to work tomorrow since everyone (read: 2 people so far) is doing it. I saw one YouTube video where the guy had stuck it to his sunroof which I thought was really clever - probably the best reason for getting a sunroof :D

Hehe, a similar older car wanted to take me off at the lights tonight, I wasn't in the mood at first but then figured 'what the hell' and poked the throttle a bit more to engage the supercharger. He didn't stand a chance :cheeese: I had the battery disconnected most of today while installing the rear view camera (that was really fun), which meant all the throttle pedal adaptions were reset, which meant the car was a rocket on the way home tonight. After that surge I was beating all sorts of other fast cars, Commodores, a Skyline, Lancer, and even an R32. As much as I would love a GTI, I would miss the no turbo-lag nonsense that the supercharger brings.

Will try to get photos of the camera in action later, or might even try to get creative in mounting the GoPro on the way to work tomorrow since everyone (read: 2 people so far) is doing it. I saw one YouTube video where the guy had stuck it to his sunroof which I thought was really clever - probably the best reason for getting a sunroof :D

So can you install an aftermarket sunroof to the Golf as well? :cheeky:

Took her to pieces today to apply some ACF-50 (Anti Corrosion spray, that the Royal Navy use on their Choppers and Jets ;) )

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/metal_man_409e/th_324203_354995881192574_100000464940376_1453530_64323098_o.jpg

And back together again :)

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/metal_man_409e/th_411813_355046671187495_100000464940376_1453600_1918386756_o.jpg

Here is the poor thing outside in the cold now ;(

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Rx_37/Bild049-1.jpg

Also i was cleaning the rims on the summertires so i had to take a pic of those compared to the Corolla tires :D Slight difference :lol:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Rx_37/Bild023-1.jpg

Ill just throw in a pic of that too while i'm at it :P

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Rx_37/Bild048-1.jpg

Herp, the Sunday ritual took place today (cleaning the car). Decided to polish and wax it again today, didn't get the finish I wanted, but it'll do for Winter I suppose:

No idea why it looks so blue in the photo, lol:

6660472545_c394d8d3a8_o.jpg

Clean 306 Dturbo #1 by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr

The rub-strips are a bit wavey after I took them off and half of the clips broke so I had to go eco-mode on the remaining clips (door is open, hence the gap):

6660470097_4bbe5b10f9_o.jpg

Clean 306 Dturbo #2 by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr

Buhhhh, parking dings, go away:

6660468703_a7a3ebe981_o.jpg

Clean 306 Dturbo #3 by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr

6660468341_e92d795f83_o.jpg

Clean 306 Dturbo #4 by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr

6660467547_e263a8ed03_o.jpg

Clean 306 Dturbo #5 by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr