We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PS3 Slim and Lite

Nodz86

I was walking past game yesterday and saw they are taking pre orders for a slimnd lite and you can get it for a tenner or something if you trade in an old PS3.

Just wondering what the differences are, apart from the obvious ones of it being slimmer and lighter and having a crapper logo and looking matt rather than shiny.

Will Overheat Too Easy...

It won't. They shrunk the fabrication process for the CPU to 55nm from 90nm. It'll run a lot cooler. Same for the GPU I think.

It's about 30% smaller and uses 35% less power. Has a 120GB hard drive and isn't backwards compatible with the PS2 games.

And its got GT5, but its always delayed.

Mellors they got rid of backwards compatability when they discontinued the original 60GB ;)

Tbh I prefer the looks of the normal one, but the slim and light rumours have been about for a while now well since xmas I think and iirc there might be a 160gb aswell.

If you guys are looking into the prospect of getting a PS3 shopto are doing a pre-order deal for £229.99. I'm not going to affiliate link you guys with it as that would just be too cheeky, but if you're interested it's front and centre on their website.

They removed it after the first version of the PS3 (60gb iirc) none of them afterwards (20gb, 40gb, 80gb) had back compatibility. Can't remember the reason though

They did it because if they included backwards compatibility with the PS3, then there would be no market for the PS2 anymore. ;)

• 2 weeks later...