We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pointless cars

T1M

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aston Martin DBS - yes, it is stunning, it's a piece of art but what's the point of it? DB9 offers a bit less power and doesn't have a body kit and costs hell of a lot less. And the V12 Vanquish is much much better performance car.

As JC said (and i agree) the DBS is what the DB9 should of been, don't think of it as a new car, just think of it as an improved DB9. Yes it may be expensive, but if you start bringing price into the equation i think we could fill this topic very quickly.

BMW X1 - after all the X3s, X5s and X6s and now this? I would like to see a X7 coming soon, the longest and most luxurious SUV ever made...:facepalm:

I beg to differ, how about this one then???

SpykerD12.jpg

it's a Spyker D12 (Peking to Paris), must be the most useless SUV, besides the price it's useless off-road....:confused:

It is the fastest (off-factory) SUV around though...

In my opinion, it is pointless, ok, it's cheap and economical and that stuff, but what, who want to drive a car, that made is small like a smart, and put two extra doors on it?

And look how ugly it is!

Yeah, ok, people drive a Fiat multipla too, and that thing is ugly too, but it is nuts xD

Sometimes, i wonder, why do people buy cars like that?

I hope not because the looks of it xD

But if you want a car cheap, get a good second hand, you probably get a nicer/better car, more luxury, better looks, btw, it's gonna cost here around €5000, for that you can get way better car second hand.

Personally, i think, when people bought a Nano, they gonna think 'why did I bought that car', it doesn't look and sound great, I think you can better get a Aygo or something like that, but it's a personal opinion, I don't like it at all :P

Isn't the Nano classified as a quadbike, since it doesn't meet any safety standards whatsoever? Whats sad though is that Jaguar and Land Rover are now owned by Tato. I can only imagine what sacrilege will happen to those brands now.

Haven't Jaguar and LR been under Tato for quite a while now? so i'd of though the new XJ or XF would of been made under them, as with the disco 3 or 4, and the new RR LRX, although i'm most probably wrong on this as i'm nearly always wrong with anything

the tata nano has a very important purpose! it's the future of india's transport. the car was designed to cost 1 lahke (sp?) which is basically 100,000 rupees. it is to tempt people that would put whole families onto a moped into getting a safer alternative that is within their budget. all the resources are local to keep costs down, and it is infact classed as a car. if i remember correctly it is also made to be very safe, and conforms to regulations that would be needed if they ever took it to europe. Ratan Tata is a very good man, and the company will not make any money on the car.

also, the car that is very unsafe, and classed as a quadbike is the G-Wizz

In my opinion, it is pointless, ok, it's cheap and economical and that stuff, but what, who want to drive a car, that made is small like a smart, and put two extra doors on it?

And look how ugly it is!

Yeah, ok, people drive a Fiat multipla too, and that thing is ugly too, but it is nuts xD

Sometimes, i wonder, why do people buy cars like that?

I hope not because the looks of it xD

But if you want a car cheap, get a good second hand, you probably get a nicer/better car, more luxury, better looks, btw, it's gonna cost here around €5000, for that you can get way better car second hand.

Personally, i think, when people bought a Nano, they gonna think 'why did I bought that car', it doesn't look and sound great, I think you can better get a Aygo or something like that, but it's a personal opinion, I don't like it at all :P

Not everyone can afford 5000 quid you know. The Nano's supposedly to cost alot less than that. And do you think they have 100quid to pay for petrol every month? These people are working their butts off just to make ends meet. Like what Lewis said, its made so that millions of Indians don't have to risk their life riding motorbikes. Traffic over there is nuts, they carry children on them without helmets. Do you know how unsafe this is gonna be?

I'm sure EVERYONE wants a Pagani Zonda. And I'm also sure EVERYBODY can afford one. So why bother making anything else? Honestly the Nano is probably the most pointFUL car in the entire world. Even more so than the stupid Beetle.

I know its an opinion and there really isn't a "wrong", but to make that assumption that everybody in the world has thousands of quid to spend on a car, but instead decides to buy a Nano and calling them stupid, really shows how shallow you are. Its cheap, serves its function, is VERY much safer than a moped, mass produced. Solution's right there.

Thank you, for saying exactly what I was going to say!

Basically, FerryN, it is for those reasons you yourself mentioned that the Nano isn't at all seriously being considered for European sale. Its purpose is to be small, cheap and economical, and to provide in a relatively safe 4-wheeled package what the typical Indian family would need. Go read a proper review of the thing and take note of how EVERYTHING on it has a purpose. Then consider that it's a completely clean-sheet design and marvel at how they're managing to sell it at that price in the first place

And to the rest of you guys at the top of this page, what's wrong with Tata owning JLR? As far as I can tell, they're only giving Jaguar and Land Rover the money to continue operating. It's not like as if they're swallowing up the entire thing and forcing them to make cheap, basic cars specifically for the Indian market... What they've basically done is ensure that two of the most well known and biggest British institutions don't fade into the history books, and keep thousands of Brits employed, not just in the factories themselves, but also all the suppliers, dealers, mechanics and other people out there who could benefit from having Jaguars and Land Rovers on the road

Remember the most pointless car of 2003 according to TG?

-snip-

I own it and I think they couldn't be more further from the truth. What do ya think?

Why not get a Fiesta? The Fusion is just a Fiesta in a hat. :cheeky:

My contribution is this:

2009-Escalade-Hybrid_r.jpg

The Cadillac Escalade Hybrid. Actually, just the Escalade in general, horrible thing.

"OMG it does 20mpg! That's amazing!" Yep, my 1975 Land Rover did 20mpg. Unbelievably, the Escalade Hybrid was actually voted American Green Car of the Year last year...

Why not get a Fiesta? The Fusion is just a Fiesta in a hat. :cheeky:

Didn't want to hear the Hamster's comment. I've already puked on it. What are yours comments?

I can give u lots of reasons why I didn't get Fiesta.

1/ Generally it's too small for my needs (3 kids says it all). A typical city car.

2/ Small boot, with a high floor

3/ Too ugly and 'fishy' for my eyes

Fusion got high clearance, high roof, extremely high visibility, very short hood, small turning circle, large low-floor boot....etc etc

TG recommends Honda Jazz or Nissan Note over Fusion, which I also find as a poor choice, at least for me. They are both hopelessly fugly, with bad service support in my country and finally, both are much more expensive here.

Maybe this little 'hat' is just what I need :D

Of course I'd rather buy Focus RS, thanx for asking! ;)

Not everyone can afford 5000 quid you know. The Nano's supposedly to cost alot less than that. And do you think they have 100quid to pay for petrol every month? These people are working their butts off just to make ends meet. Like what Lewis said, its made so that millions of Indians don't have to risk their life riding motorbikes. Traffic over there is nuts, they carry children on them without helmets. Do you know how unsafe this is gonna be?

I'm sure EVERYONE wants a Pagani Zonda. And I'm also sure EVERYBODY can afford one. So why bother making anything else? Honestly the Nano is probably the most pointFUL car in the entire world. Even more so than the stupid Beetle.

I know its an opinion and there really isn't a "wrong", but to make that assumption that everybody in the world has thousands of quid to spend on a car, but instead decides to buy a Nano and calling them stupid, really shows how shallow you are. Its cheap, serves its function, is VERY much safer than a moped, mass produced. Solution's right there.

Nope, i know that not everybody have lots of money(me either btw), but 5000 euro(btw, it's cost €2000, but for the Netherlands/Belgian APK(Called MOT in other country's or something like that), it need couple of other modifications(like safety or something) which makes the price of 5000 euro's)), sure, it's safer than any moped or quad, and in some country's even cheaper then a regular quad, and it's probably gonna be a hit in India and some other country's, but i don't think it's gonna be a hit in Europe or America.

And it isn't on the market yet in Europe, comes in 2012 on the European market, but this is on Wikipedia, so i don't know if it's true.

Btw, it's safe to the Indian MOT/safetyrules, but i don't know if these are high or something, so don't know about the safety.

But we will must wait on the salesrecords of these cars, and the safety of them.

But one thing is sure, it's nice to have people who want to create a car for people with less money, but still can drive safe in a car and not with 5 people on a moped.