We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pointless cars

T1M

Just a thread to show pointless cars and why. :)

First up:

Volkswagen Gol

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/Lemonfizz224/Volkswagen-Gol_2009_800x600_wallpap.jpg

Why not just make the base model golf more basic/cheaper, or use the MKV. Plus the name is just... erm... :oook:

Audi A5 Sportback

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt117/Lemonfizz224/Audi-A5_Sportback_2010_800x600_wall.jpg

Erm, the S4?

You get the idea. :cheeky:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

800px-Volkswagen_Cross_Polo_orange_vl.jpg

2009-dacia-sandero-stepway-front-angle-588x441.jpg

07Skoda_Roomster_scout.jpg

...and all the other "offroad-wannabe" city cars. Seriously, why? :confused: You won't go offroading in them because they're nothing more than city cars. It would be understandable if these "mods" actually made them look better, but they don't (IMO at least), so what's the point? :oook:

Volkswagen Gol

-zing-

Why not just make the base model golf more basic/cheaper, or use the MKV. Plus the name is just... erm... :oook:

Lol. I remember seeing one of those as a mod for GTA IV.

I seriously couldn't work out what the hell it was. I thought it was some strange American version of a VW Golf but the mod poster didn't type the F in Golf.

Lol. I remember seeing one of those as a mod for GTA IV.

I seriously couldn't work out what the hell it was. I thought it was some strange American version of a VW Golf but the mod poster didn't type the F in Golf.

I was also like WTF when Baltoman told me about it on MSN(He has one of those) its a brazillian car, apparently it started out as a rebadged Lupo :confused: (As how the Golf is/was called a Rabbit in the USA, thats what my cousin told me)

-snip-

It was built to be in the middle of the 911 and the boxter, the thought of it is just :facepalm:

Not useless. It's better on the track then a Carrera S. Steers better and has a better speed feeling. (If you get what i mean).

But anything that is a coupé, or anything sport car is useless, isn't it?

That's why they are so much fun:excited:

Just a thread to show pointless cars and why. :)

First up:

Volkswagen Gol

-snip-

TBH that car is not pointless at all, at least not here I mean. Not saying that just because its brazilian but because its the most reliable and economical car you can get here for a very cheap price making it customer's #1 choice since... uhh.. 1980ish?. Think it as a cheaper version of the golf. And the most recent model doesn't look that bad either ("sporty"). And the name stands for "goal", you know, soccer? Yeah, stupid addiction for a stupid sport.

All Mahindra cars are pointless just for the fact that they're ugly and useless.

mahindra_scorpio_01.jpg

peugot partner teepee

9080102.002.1M.jpg

what niche was this supposed to fill again?

Volkswagen Phaeton

115-vw-phaeton.jpg

Volkswagen, a name which means 'people's car' doing an executive saloon... wonderful car, wonderfully stupid marquee to put it under, considering they could have made it an audi

They did, it's called the Audi A8, or S8, or W12, any name works ;)

The Phaeton chassis is shares some parts with the A8, except it uses steel instead of aluminum, its not exactly the same but its based on it.

But you are half correct, they put it under Bentley as the Continental GT/Flying Spur ;)

The Phaeton chassis is shares some parts with the A8, except it uses steel instead of aluminum, its not exactly the same but its based on it.

But you are half correct, they put it under Bentley as the Continental GT/Flying Spur ;)

Yes, well, thank you Captain Correct for pointing that out for me :rolleyes:

Aston Martin DBS - yes, it is stunning, it's a piece of art but what's the point of it? DB9 offers a bit less power and doesn't have a body kit and costs hell of a lot less. And the V12 Vanquish is much much better performance car.

BMW X1 - after all the X3s, X5s and X6s and now this? I would like to see a X7 coming soon, the longest and most luxurious SUV ever made...:facepalm:

Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita - CCXR is just about enogh, the Trevita is just a car for rich arab collections.

Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir/Pur Sang/Mansory and etc. - why the hell? Performance figures are almost the same as the stock Veyron but you pay a fortune for different looks (chrome WTF, rims and etc.)

And I can keep on going with that list for ages but I gotta go to school. Kthxbye ;)

Aston Martin DBS - yes, it is stunning, it's a piece of art but what's the point of it? DB9 offers a bit less power and doesn't have a body kit and costs hell of a lot less. And the V12 Vanquish is much much better performance car.

SMITE HIM!!!! SMITE HIM TO HELL!!!!

It Actually Quite like the look of that Pt Crusier well that specific one anyway.

I Might have Posted i cant remember but this:

2006-maybach-57-s.jpg

The X3 and X5 are the only Crossover/SUV BMW should have, all the rest should be gone.

The DBS looks great, but I have to agree that it doesn't really fill in a slot, if it had V12 Vanquish-like performance or more then maybe yes.

The Maybach is a car to compete with the Rolls and Bentley's, def. not a pointless car. I've seen one in a Benz dealer and the interior looks great.