We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2010 Audi R8 Spyder & Audi R8 V10 Spyder

Tool831

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, could be just me, but I ran tried to run the installer (didn't work, even after I "uninstalled" the V8), and ended up copying and pasting the files. So I go into the game, and I go to the R8 only to find that it's a coupe. Is this a mix-up with the file? I believe its a new interior, but the exterior is the R8 V10 5.2 FSI Quattro Coupe (hehe, like saying that). And I didn't even have that installed.

-Leadfoot

Which one did you download? In short.. :cheeky:

Edit: I just checked all files.. Non of them are wrong. :oook: I suggest restoring the whole Ascari again (or which car you body swapped) and then redo it.

If for ever reason the installer doesn't let you install the mod, regardless if you have uninstalled (which should work). What you do is delete the file of the car, inside a folder called "Mods" Found in the main dictionary of where TDU is installed, search through the files till you see something of the car name. then delete it that folder.

Which one did you download? In short.. :cheeky:

Edit: I just checked all files.. Non of them are wrong. :oook: I suggest restoring the whole Ascari again (or which car you body swapped) and then redo it.

If for ever reason the installer doesn't let you install the mod, regardless if you have uninstalled (which should work). What you do is delete the file of the car, inside a folder called "Mods" Found in the main dictionary of where TDU is installed, search through the files till you see something of the car name. then delete it that folder.

Thanks for the help about the "Mods" folder. :) Deleted the V8's file. Installer works now!

I downloaded the Filefront one, btw.

-Leadfoot

The mod is really great, but at some angles the shadow of the R8 Spider(V8) looks choppy(Broken), but otherwise its great, the V8's interior sort of fits the old R8 Coupe but with some gaps at the back(and the lack of sun visors) for anyone who wants to know. right now I'm thinking where to put the V10 Spyder(V10 Coupe is on KZ1) :cheeky:

I put the V10 on the Noble M400. Seems to work nicely :)

Thanks for the mod, Tool.

I have the Nissan GTR on that so I put this on the 612, works great :) [Few edits with modding tools, AWD, Stick Shift and Ride Height]

There is a slight bug with both versions, the grill is one whole piece and isn't divided by the license plate thing. the V10 Coupe has it right. The shadow for both cars is also bugged, similar to the LP560-4 Spyder.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

(Picture is from the V10 Coupe topic)

Real life image: http://www.leftlanenews.com/cars/image_popup/newgallery2.php?postid=21151&gallerynum=0&defimage=http%3A%2F%2Fphotos.leftlanenews.com%2Fphotos%2Fimageresizeronfly%2FphpThumb.php%3Fsrc%3D%2Fphotos%2Fcontent%2Fseptember2009%2Fr8-spyder-live-4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

On visual diffrences is the excause pipes, the V8 has two on each side, the V10 has only on on each side, with is oval and wide as two.

The the A pillar on the V10 is silver like on the Audi A4 convertible, while on the V8 its car color.

Additonal in real live as far as i could research it exsists only a V10 roadster, while the V8 is fictional (but maybe the sources I checked where not up to date when I did)

• 1 month later...