We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Performance Editor Anyone

dredgy

Not too sure about price, since I don't have an online account. I may create one later tonight. I'll see if Minime can answer that one for now.

And yes, you can edit rarity, I was playing around with that today. When set to 1, it is always in stock, and when set to 0 it is never in stock. Likewise 0.5 is in stock half the time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i think that i will post what you can change once i have tested every thing, as i am nearly done. But i am not promising any thing, cause some people might just abuse it. I will see at a later date.

If you realy want to use the physics editor and all of its features i would just use it offline. And make a backup of TDU_CarPhysicsData.db and just replace it with the original when you want to go online.

EDIT: Also you can change the price of your car without getting kicked from the server.

all right !! this is comiing allong great now !

too bad about the release on Dec. 1 (i've got Exam's till the 15th :( )

but now the question is: will this be released on here, and more pressing: will it be allowed here? (diablo: if you read this, could you shed some light over this matter plz?)

too bad about the release on Dec. 1 (i've got Exam's till the 15th )

I can always delay it 2 weeks :p

I'm still awaiting some feedback from testers from the last beta I put out and I gave myself the week off work, I'm just working from home till next Sunday so I can get it finished and out there, make a website for it and then go to sleep.

So that partially answers your next question - I will be putting the download and guides and all that crap on an external site, but I would like to be able to link to that site here :p

I can always delay it 2 weeks :p

I'm still awaiting some feedback from testers from the last beta I put out and I gave myself the week off work, I'm just working from home till next Sunday so I can get it finished and out there, make a website for it and then go to sleep.

So that partially answers your next question - I will be putting the download and guides and all that crap on an external site, but I would like to be able to link to that site here :p

Lovely... I will have to resist reworking the physics of all my TDU cars within a day :cheeky:

Most of the things that you are able to change is just information realy about the car such as, engine size, 0-100 Kph, engine type but other things like ignition timing,braking etc, without getting kicked from the server.

Ignition timing is one thing i would love to change... I'd like a longer ignition time on cars like the S6 and RS4.

Nope, do people not listen you can not change the performance of a car without getting kicked from the server. So would people stop wondering, i feel like all i am doing is repeating myself.

All of the things that you are able to go online with is already built into Djey's modding tools with a few exceptions.

Right, had a good day at the beach and I just got back and am starting work on a website now, which should hopefully be up and running tomorrow, with a download link provided Tuesday.

There is one bug to still sort out, but it's neither major nor relevant to the end user.

And about the online thing. I will be completely honest and say I do not give a flying rat's butt about what you can and can't go online with. The tool is designed for offline use. The only realy benefit to online users is what Djey's tool can already do, plus an integrated name editor.

Well i am looking forwards to what people will think of it

I'm not. Cause there's gonna be something they don't like and I'm gonna get bugged for new features :p

And just good luck with setting up the wesite, which is proberly as easy as walking for you lol.

Making a website...easy and done. Buying hosting and a domain...easy and done. Writing all the necessary guides....not so easy. Lot's of guides to be written by tomorrow.

The only realy benefit to online users is what Djey's tool can already do, plus an integrated name editor.
Not so exactly, my Modding Tools can't be summarized only to what Vehicle Manager can do.

I had to correct you, sorry :p

But I must admit I will always provide online-safe features so if people want to increase power, max speed and so on, your tools are the best way for offline mode.

Keep up!

This is coming along nicely.. :)

One question. We can change the performance to our liking, but will there be something like a performance package to download or something, if we're not satisfied with our settings, or just can't make it perfect? Performance exchanging baby.. :)

I know that we can copy and paste performance data from car to car, but it would really be great if we could download some realistic performance packages.. :)

I don't mean to bore somebody to death, i'm just asking.. *blink*blink* :)

One question. We can change the performance to our liking, but will there be something like a performance package to download or something, if we're not satisfied with our settings, or just can't make it perfect?

Yup. I haven't got any made yet, but I'll try to set some up by tomorrow.

The editor allows you to export the perfrormance of a car, as well as import it back in.

The webste also has a download section for them.

http://i49.tinypic.com/fvir8y.jpg

And I am aware of the spelling issue on that page.

Not so exactly, my Modding Tools can't be summarized only to what Vehicle Manager can do.

I had to correct you, sorry

Lol, sorry mate :P

Awesome stuff so far, I'm glad that the knowledge of this is being developed into a 'Performance Editor'. I assume that if I modify and play on an offline account and then replace my modified file with the original I can play online without my online account being effected?

Also, how about an upload ability on your website? If you have the space ofcourse. :)

Well just extract you TDU_CarPhysicsData.db before you change any thing, as that is what i do so that i can still online. I must say that this physics editor is just such fun to mess about with. But i must say that it would be nice if you could just press i button.

Hope the wesite is going smoothly for you aswell.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Also, how about an upload ability on your website? If you have the space ofcourse.

I've got the space, but I'd rather just have the physics sent to me so I can try them out and make any necessary changes before I upload them.

That wouldn't be a bad feature either.. click a button and your backup is installed again..

Maybe for next version.

Well just extract you TDU_CarPhysicsData.db before you change any thing, as that is what i do so that i can still online.

You don't have to, you can just back up the whole DB.bnk file so you don't have to bother with extracting.

I assume that if I modify and play on an offline account and then replace my modified file with the original I can play online without my online account being effected?

You assume correctly. There are guides on my site about what can be changed online. I'll post a link when I release it later today.