We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

No I won't. Those slots are used by the Facel Vega and Bugatti which have perfect physics. And some people aren't using those mods so the default data is weird.

Feel free to do it yourself though, just don't redistribute it.

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance of being able to edit Upgrade Packages? Cause I modified some of my cars and the performance packs seem to affect the handling/braking in a bad way.(Sometimes acceleration)

I've written a tuning kit editor 4 times now for TDUPE. None I'm particularly keen on. So a fully functioning kit editor or just a kit switcher (e.g putting the CCR's tuning kit on a Chrysler) will be in the works. Both are rather fiddly things to do.

I personally Think that this is the most useful tool for tdu physics. it has made life much easier for me so THANKS DREDGY for helping the noobs of modding tdu. am i allowed to post links to this on other tdu mod sites LIKE http://WWW.TDUADDONS.COM ???

Don't give a damn.

To elaborate a little...

I don't see the point in people who release software for free and then complain when someone sticks it on another site...cause all I can think of is positive benefits:

1. You post a link to my site - I get publicity.

2. You upload the software to you're site - fantastic, that's less bandwidth for me.

3. You don't give me credit and put your name on it instead - awesome. That saves me from being held responsible for things that go wrong, it frees me from all support obligation so I can just relax and watch noobs screwing up their game (you have no idea how entertaining that is).

I am considering a license for 2.5/3.0 that requires modders to chuck a credit into physics installers or whatnot. But I really don't care.

@dredgy: Can you put "Drag" into "Straight Line Performance" in the next version of TDUPE? I made some tests and "Drag" seems to be one of the values that limit the top speed of a car. You could also make a tooltip that less drag is better because a smaller value means that the car can reach a higher speed before the drag (or air resistance) gets too high for the engine.

Can you put "Drag" into "Straight Line Performance" in the next version of TDUPE?

I could.

You could also make a tooltip that less drag is better because a smaller value means that the car can reach a higher speed before the drag...

Less drag is not better, it just makes the car go faster. If everyone is just trying to make their cars faster I should just unrelease the software.

Omg Diablo whats going on with you?!

You were such a great enrichment for the TDU Community, you have good Infos and the Mods you have here are beautiful.

So why you allow such a stupid thing?!

And dont tell me the hint: !!!For Offline Use Only!!! is your earnest.

Its like to tell a kid: Dont touch this! and what will it do?!

So thx for much more Cheaters (and yes its cheating) in Ohau, this is what we need.

As a official Mod in the Atari Forums you shouldn't be allowed to post such things in your Forum.

I hope you will change your opinion concerning this tool and do not allow it, for Offline use too.

Thx

@Shy Guy: Correct, and I suggested to move that into "Straight Line Performance".

Less drag is not better, it just makes the car go faster. If everyone is just trying to make their cars faster I should just unrelease the software.

OK, faster is indeed not always better, so I'd say that a tip that "Drag" is one of the values that override "Top Speed" is enough.

@ Drivefast:

A couple things I'd like to point out:

1. Diablo didn't post it. Dredgy did.

2. Even *IF* the modified performance could be used online (which it can't), there are much worse ways of cheating which are already available and have been available anyway.

3. "For Offline Use Only" is meant as a warning, and essentially keeps people from complaining when their game stops working online (see above) and blaming TDU:C for it - because that way, we can just say "Hey, it said For Offline Use Only, didn't it?".

@ poster above:

Drag only allows a car to reach a speed which its weight, gearing, and horsepower will allow. If weight, gearing and power won't let it get to a speed, no drag value will change anything. Drag is essentially a top-speed-limiter.

If your drag is a huge number you won't ever go past 100, no matter how much HP your car has, for example.

Omg Diablo whats going on with you?!

You were such a great enrichment for the TDU Community, you have good Infos and the Mods you have here are beautiful.

So why you allow such a stupid thing?!

Csuse he is cool and knows what the community wants.

Its like to tell a kid: Dont touch this! and what will it do?!

Touch it. The circumstances here are completely different because if someone tries to use this online, it will fail.

So thx for much more Cheaters (and yes its cheating) in Ohau, this is what we need.

It's my pleasure, it really is. And it is what we really need, I have received plenty of PMs from people who say "OMG we need that!". It may not be what Atari needs though... try thinking from the view of your customers.

As a official Mod in the Atari Forums you shouldn't be allowed to post such things in your Forum.

Just cause you're a mod in an Atari forum and my tool perhaps breaks Atari's rules, it does not break the rules here.

Oh, and if being an Atari mod means you are in contact with management people from Atari, please tell them to get TDU2 out instead of worrying about small cheats available for a near-4 year old game.

And yeah, drag should be under the top speed tab.

Cheers all.

hey

i have a problem , i cant start tdu ..

how can i change performance to standart performance ? xD

ane name .. all to normal..

please hhelp

Replace your DB.Bnk with the original. And remember you need community patch 1.67 installed for stuff to work.