We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Physics section?

Tool831

Hello fellow TDUC staff.... And sp33d. :lol:

I was wondering due to the release of the physics editor by dredgy, I was thinking could we add a section to the mod shop for physics posting?

I do plan to release real physics/adjustments for other standard TDU cars eventually. Aswell there might be a couple of other people, who would like to post there custom physics for TDU cars, or even what people have done for other modders who don't have physics for their cars. I'm not sure how well it would go but it would be worth doing a section for it imo, Obviously there would have to be huge warnings, saying something like "You must have a offline profile in order to use"

On a side note it would also clean my mod threads instead of posting them in the same thread.. :o

As always here is some images of my idea: (Crap photoshop)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

this would mean after downloading a car you have to go and find the right physics..

imo its easier to leave them as they are, that way once people download a car they have the physics link right in front off them.

Forums are meant to be as simple as poss for the user and adding this new section would create unneeded work.

Yes.... why is it not just included in the download...

I'd prefer of physics mods where away from normal car mods. Otherwise people who do not know what they are doing could install physics, when they play offline then end up coming back complaining that they cannot get online anymore.

this would mean after downloading a car you have to go and find the right physics..

Not if you post a link leading to where the physics are.

But surely thats the exact same as having a separate link? If your still gonna have the link on ever car mod then why not just keep it to a download link...

Its not just modders though.

Say for example: (make up user)

Bob made physics for the Alfa GT and wanted to post it on TDUC. There wouldn't be any place to post it.

But as Sponge said, I don't remember anyone saying that you are allowed to post physics mods in the first place.

I too would like an 'official' answer on this. Maybe it's just that the mods are all on holiday? :lol:

I have an absolute KACKLOAD of info on TDU physics modding and I've spent ABSOLUTELY HOURS modding 8 cars to perfection and there are more to come. My info is already on the net, but it would be great to be able to share this with TDUC members.

The way I see it with this is it would have to be somewhat controlled. What I mean by this is that the threads wouldn't instantly appear as we wouldn't crazy 9000bhp flying squirrel weight cars being posted here but mainly realistic replicas of their real world counterparts. The threads would be moderated and require approval before they became viewable to the public.

Maybe trial it and see how it goes though.

How does that sound?

Sounds fair enough to me! My only aim with my mods is realism in any case (that's the whole point for me, if you want to cheat there are plenty of other, easier ways to achieve this), so all my modded cars are as close to 'real world' as I can make them (or at least as I'd imagine them to be, I've only ever had a ride in one supercar :lol:)

Of course, there's nothing stopping people from making a 9000BHP car themselves, but this way at least TDU can't be blamed if this happens.

Let me know as soon as the Physics section (or whatever it's going to be) is up and I'll start posting!! :D

The way I see it with this is it would have to be somewhat controlled. What I mean by this is that the threads wouldn't instantly appear as we wouldn't crazy 9000bhp flying squirrel weight cars being posted here but mainly realistic replicas of their real world counterparts. The threads would be moderated and require approval before they became viewable to the public.

Maybe trial it and see how it goes though.

How does that sound?

I think (dont quote me on it) that if you make a car have 9000bhp TDU crashes, does it to me when I make the veyron 1001bhp.

Even so there could be a few rules to avoid people posting stupid speeds?:cheeky:

Anyways, diablo if you wanna setup a test and see how it goes by all means do that. :D Cause ill be reposting all my physics ive ever done.

I agree to the point that modding physics is good if someone wants "realism" because that is what simulations are for (recreating reality in a "controlled" environment). And to always enjoy a car that you would feel keen to drive everytime, especially the ones you like the most!!! The F1 mod for example, or the "Offroad" 4WD mods handling as they should (suspension and traction wise)

I think it is a great idea to do so... (besides TDU 2 is coming:twisted:)

Sounds fair enough to me! My only aim with my mods is realism in any case (that's the whole point for me, if you want to cheat there are plenty of other, easier ways to achieve this), so all my modded cars are as close to 'real world' as I can make them (or at least as I'd imagine them to be, I've only ever had a ride in one supercar :lol:)

Of course, there's nothing stopping people from making a 9000BHP car themselves, but this way at least TDU can't be blamed if this happens.

Let me know as soon as the Physics section (or whatever it's going to be) is up and I'll start posting!! :D

I find that adding weight to cars makes it more realistic. It slows down (slightly) the 120-feels-like-60 effect.

In regards to the physics section, should there be separate sections for offline and online mods? Depending on how much TDUPE's performance pack feature is used, people could create realistic mods for specific cars that are online safe and others just for offline. Though, given the lack of performance packs (and none for online), I guess this would be a waste of time.

-Leadfoot

;263433']...In regards to the physics section' date=' should there be separate sections for offline and online mods? Depending on how much TDUPE's performance pack feature is used, people could create realistic mods for specific cars that are online safe and others just for offline...[/quote']

I personally won't be doing any 'online safe' physics mods. It's hard enough using the full range of parameters to get the cars to behave realistically, let alone trying to do the same using only limited parameters!