We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831/IK84: 1998 Aston Martin V8 Vantage V600

Tool831

Wow... didn't expect this either. You went a bit too fast since those wheels were really needing some work. And I agree they are very very bright, how can this be fixed, the Dauer and Nazca also seemed bright, Elise seemed fine last I remember. Ive not raced them so I only judge them by the pictures posted. Also, the wheels are huge on the Aston, it does look nice though but definitely not stock.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong but those wheels look to be made by compomotive, not unusual if this was derived from a 'race' aston model originally.

Aston Martin would have used aftermarket rims for a race car as the original road rims of this vintage would have been narrower.

Really nice mod tool, a nice surprise after a bad day at work. Wil be having this one as soon as rapidshare lets me.

Just one question, do you find the models from NFS Pro Street suitable for converting to TDU?

Thanks again for making our TDU experience much more enjoyable, keep it up.

EDIT - Electro, its a 12 vear old car, designed back when Aston Martin was under different ownership. If you think thats bad have a look for the lagonda from the seventies eugh....

@Tool

could you post the gear ratios from the physics? Or is it possible to download the physics and only use the gear ratios? I put the V600 onto the Zagato and bought the stage 3 tuning - it makes just 300km/h, which is about 20 to less (200mph should be possible, like the real one does).

thanks

Ok Ive decided I'm changing the steering wheel, ( always hated that Ford Taurus looking thing) Since I'm at the limit with the textures Ive modeled the lense warmers into the front glass. I'm also going to just redo the wheels completely make them higher quality, smoother etc.

Whole reason I didn't create a WIP thread.. :D

People knew it was coming but they didn't know when, so I decided to just release it unexpected.

I may do it with other cars that you don't expect from me. :cool:

you successful surpirced me :D

I guess you eventually try others models from him. I rember a few he did time ago hehe and its fun to suprice and all ^^ keep it up :3

WIP V1.1:

Teaming up with icekid to bring you this whole new update, I have first say a very special thanks to icekid for taking the time to update 3D model parts and info/suggestions.

So I do have to say, please thank icekid for taking the time to update all 3D model parts and improved copy's of textures.

Changes list: If anything more will update this post

Interior colours

Whole new stock steering wheel

Headlight glass detail added (Headlight warmers)

New and improved rims

Updated textures

Updated centre console (3D Air vents/3D Radio player)

-----------------

Interior colour preview: (Note: These are ingame interior colours not a retexture)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

@VanquishHH:

The final drive ratio can be found here: http://www.globalcar.com/datasheet/AstonMartin/1998_Aston_Martin_Vantage_600.htm

The gear ratios were harder to find but http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/html/Aston/Vantage.html says that it used the gearbox from the Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 and on http://www.zfdoc.com/techinfo.htm you can find the gear ratios.

Its not aftermarket, its official Aston Martin steering wheel. And I don't like the Crown Vic steering wheel. I only did it because it was stock as I make most my cars. However I found where they also offered this version so I'm sticking with it. I really don't know why I bend over backwards for you guys. A few of you realize its a partnership in getting these cars to you guys, but most figure that tool finds these cars and that's the end of it. Thats true with the game cars (NFSSHIFT,PROSTREET, JUiced etc, but not with my cars. If I sound like I'm getting pissed then its probably because I am.

To the ones who thank both Tool and myself thank you.