We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Kid gets 2010 Camaro SS for his birthday

zo6dude

way too much money... he's inevitably gonna wrap it around a tree though...

the parents were saying 'he'll be safe' in the comments and that 'inexperienced drivers crash, not people who drive fast cars'

I doubt they'd take the same stance if he'd always wanted a 1200cc Racebike though. Somehow I imagine they'd be a little more concerned about safety.

This is just an accident waiting to happen. You dont get your 15yr old a 426bhp car as their first one. :wise: :fp:

The Dodge Challenger has 425HP yet it gets 5 Star Ratings in Safety, its much safer than any Civic, Camry, Mustang or even the Explorer SUV. A brand new 426HP Camaro is safer than a used 1989 Honda Civic.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope he drives carefully. I know it's tempting to floor it everywhere in a car like that, but look at what happened to Nick Hogan's Supra last year. And he was 19. And look at all these other Beverly Hills kids that wrap 350Zs and Mustangs around trees and into houses/shops.

Comparing the safety of the Camaro to that of an '89 Civic is irrelevant, because you're so much more likely to hurt yourself more going faster in a Camaro. You may hurt yourself more at lower speeds in the Civic, but it's doubtful you'd ever be going fast enough to hurt yourself that much in it, and if you did drive that fast, it wouldn't be all the time.

Thats nothing....I'm getting a 2001 Suzuki Swift for my first car! :D Only because the Insurance componeys here in the UK think every 17 year old will wright off there car at least 5 times!

Personally i think you should't be allowed a car with more ta 2 liters untill you 18(or a year after your've lernt to drive, depending on where you live) as least you get used to driving.....it would also stop people trying to show off coz there parents can afford to give them a good car(I'm talking about you with the M3 in 6th year!)

The Dodge Challenger has 425HP yet it gets 5 Star Ratings in Safety, its much safer than any Civic, Camry, Mustang or even the Explorer SUV. A brand new 426HP Camaro is safer than a used 1989 Honda Civic.

I would rather be in an accident in a 1989 civic at 50Mph than the

Camaro at 100Mph.

Jammy... He seemed pretty spoiled though. His first impression didn't have a hint of excitement... And even if he didn't get the Camaro, he still would have got his dads ML... And at 15? How much better could you get?

And? The Challenger is still a performance (*cough* :P) car, which means it's not exactly slow - If he's flooring it, which he most likely will at some point, that means one big mess of a car crash, no matter how many stars it has. I'd much rather be in a 4 star fiesta going half the speed.

I'm not going to say the child is spoiled, It's just a lack of common sense from the parents, Get him a fiesta (or the US equivalent of a decent small car, if there is one) that he gain experience with, before giving him a rather powerful car.

I'm not going to say the child is spoiled, It's just a lack of common sense from the parents, Get him a fiesta (or the US equivalent of a decent small car, if there is one) that he gain experience with, before giving him a rather powerful car.

I agree! Although admittidly if my parents had the money(as in Millionairs) I would end up with a 2008 Suzuki Swift as my everyday car, but i'd still have a 'show off' car for school....a Caterham R400!:cool:

*If you read my last comment you'd see my view on first time drivers and big powerfull cars....my view would of course change if i was a millionair)