We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by TDU2.com it's Ibiza

Ibiza Harbour/Old Town

http://i48.tinypic.com/2v0l7dd.jpg

TDU2.com image

http://i46.tinypic.com/t6us6g.png

If you can't see it clearly, look at the darker building in the middle, present on both.

It's the same place.

Very nice :-) Thanks for that. Now we know that it's going to be in Ibiza :-)

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!

Another point is that most of the land on TDU1 was taken up by mountains or very steep hills where you can't really put roads. Ibiza is more flat but it is still hilly. There is a larger surface area where you can actually put the roads.

Having a smaller island with more roads is better than having a larger island with less roads. Well, that's my point of view anyway.

So in my opinion, Ibiza is a better choice for an island.

I'm personally keen on the idea of Ibiza, having been lucky enough to holiday on various Mediterranean islands I can vouch for the windy roads through mountains with stunning scenery.

I was actually going to Photoshop the map from TDU to show the areas of the island that we never got to make use of with the remaining land being a similar size to that of Ibiza, but I couldn't be arsed.

It does make sense, partially. U see, it's not only sum of roads length that matters. For very fast driving (and that's it in TDU, not only fast, but VERY fast driving) u need space, not only lots of roads/streets concentrated in a small area. In fact, Oahu got at least 10 times more roads/streets comparing to the game, but it would be silly if u had a crossroad every few hundred meters like in real life, there would be impossible to drive over 100-150 kmh.

So, if u want to keep current gameplay, road net should be similar and it needs lots of space. Would u like to get to another side of the island in like 5-10 minutes? I wouldn't. At least I'm not used to it, so it would be a degradation of the game.

I expect a bigger driving area and that's final :twisted:

I'm going to +rep you for that as it's valid and I overlooked that aspect, while technical driving is great, a good ol' fashion drag race and highway thrash is great.

Yea, the images they sent out to the press are better res than those on their official site... lol. Plus this was part of a flash file so they had to keep size down for loading times. Only thing I would say is that the grass is still crap xD I can happily live with that though.

Nice one t, good to see the rear wheel has it's depth rather just a straight copy of the front like TDU had with the first one.

And yeah remember we don't know when these images are from. 2 weeks of dev time can bring a lot of polish and wow to a title.

You know what, guys, I want TDU on Isle of Man. *rock on*

You could drive on all of the roads in about 15 minutes. :cheeky:

Ibiza looks like the perfect location for a game such as this, exotic, rich and sunny. ;)

Just saw tool's sig, I had to check this part of the forum lol. Thanks for the awesome news Diablo, finally, after almost 4 years of the release of TDU.

Lets just hope Fileplanet releases an open beta like they did with TDU 1 :D

Btw, damage, day/night cycles and weather dynamics are great things.. I just hope this time the cars don't have unlimited fuel :nuts: