We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

True, and Hot Pursuit is not the correct game to compare. Wanna compare TDU2? Take NFS World (which is not really much news, just retextured Most Wanted, Carbon and Undercover). But TDU2 is in a different genre, it's like putting a fungame like Re-Volt or Ignition against more serious games like FM and GT.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the interviews they've confirmed for September. I don't see why they would say this if they're delaying it. It'll disappoint a lot of people. But CLR is right, if they really want to get information out of the beta testers they'll have to set the release date well back.

They could always release the game in Sep and release a patch in Nov

True, but not all bugs can be fixed with a patch. Remember broken clubs on PC? I still don't get it how such a huge issue could be overlooked during beta testing..

I'm buying it no matter when it comes out. And maybe we see TDU2 and NFS as different games but not everybody. Some just see two driving games. I care about TDU2 sales because i want TDU to keep on living so every sale counts. November is a month were a lot parents go to stores to buy presents and a lot of those parents don't know the difference between the two games so they'll just pick the one with the most flashy front, and i don't want TDU2 first month sales depending on that. If they release it at least in october they'll have the fan sales in october and still have the random christmas sales. Plus, in July 21 they are going to have 2 months left and if they delay the game for more than 3 months when we, the players, are so happy that there's little time left, i find that disrespectul for us. So to EDEN: You have till tuesday to delay the release and that's an order!

They could always release the game in Sep and release a patch in Nov

Then they may release one copy just for you in September, unpolished and all, and I'll wait for a better version later on :p . I found not enough to be fixed with the 7 (!) GTA IV patches, so I'll wait for a finished product this time.

I stand by my point of view: better take the beta and gamequality serious this time and delay it a bit.

Guys,

I don't know if this is any kind of useful (or even exclusive for that matter) info, but I happen to know someone who's been alpha testing TDU2 for some time now (from another forum). It is pretty reliable given that person's status on that forum.

He/she says that Eden are ready to go with opening the beta up to more people but the guys at Atari are holding back or something. This info dates from about 1-2 weeks or so, so, before the beta news in the TDU1 game. He/she also said that he/she spends literaly hours debugging and reporting as many bugs as possible. Only info on the game I got was that the sounds in the game are better than the in the first one, but a lot still has to be done or something. Don't ask for more, it's all I got.

But still, like many I question the point of this beta for a game that is supposed to come out in a little over 2 months. Not mentionning the fact that we are in the summer and many people are probably away (except us geeks). So either:

-they are already testing on a massive scale and we were just not selected

-or/and they have advanced a lot and the game is nearly good to go

-or, it's going to be delayed, and I fear it will be. I'm kind of ok with it, sick with all other game publishers releasing stuff that still needs work anyway

@H311m4n: IF it's true, it's nice to hear that.

As for the three options you say about current status though, the first one is 100% nót correct, because it has been like a mere week ago the Priority Selection message was sent. I don't expect them to wait just a week, so I don't think they already started the ''closed public beta''.

And....Who may this person be?

This person is on a french forum with a dedicated TDU2 topic (not TDU2.fr) and has been quite active in modding on the first one as far as I know. I'm not going to say more since I don't think he/she would want me to talk about this stuff all over the net, he/she probably had to sign or agree to an NDA. I'm not trying to convince anybody this is true, but I regard it as a reliable source based on the forums I'm hanging out on ;)

If they were already testing on a "massive scale" and we, a forum with 1000s of members and TDU2.com with the same numbers hadn't had one person selected I don't see how that would work, and even if it was being tested by loads of people, word would have got out anyway.

A delay is possible, I wouldn't want it from some points of views but from other points of view I would.

Who knows? They could just be planning on a very small time scale for a Beta test. As in a week or two, not a whole month or something like that. Maybe they're confident enough that there shouldn't be that many bugs to find so a short Beta test is all that is needed or something along those lines.

At the end of the day, all you can do is wait and be patient. It's been said time and time again. Speculating it and talking about it wont make the Beta come along any faster. If there is going to be one Atari will release it as and when they see fit.

yeah we have seen that pic - its from a trailer (well sort of) but early view of the game - it looks much better now. But we can expect a delay for TDU2 because admins at their official forums have stated that there is no official release date although they had previously announced the date of 21 September.

If you have steam you can join our TDU 2 steam group at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TDU2

UNTIL the admins OFFICIALLY announce a delay, assume the game will be released on the day it has been reported in numerous interviews and articles, Sep 21 USA, Sep 24 UK

the admins at the official forum are invisible ghosts, you are referring to Gramps, a Moderator. a very good one, but not an admin