We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Community PATCH 1.68B

2CV SUPER GT

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch is just great, works very well! The only thing that bothers me is that 90% of all traffic cars are completely in white silver colour, only some of them are red/blue/green silver. I can't remember what was the case before but I would certainly love some more diversity in colours, not all of them should be shiny silver....:cheeky:

nice patch! anyway i can't install it, the installer don't work i gives me an error mesage with an code something like (d30...)press ok to finish the aplication. this happens also with the patch 1.67d and TDUModdingTools, can some somebody help?

(windows xp service pack 3 32bits)

sorry for the bad english, i'm brazilian

It looks like you miss a required component such as .net Framework 2. Please refer to download page to get corresponding dl link :)

I've got a weird bug with one of the cars.....

Ferrari365.jpg

I've got that Ferrari installed onto the Corvette Stingray 1971 slot and I installed the wire rims that came with it.

No matter what mod gets installed onto that slot, and no matter what rim is installed onto that slot, it always seems to default back to those same ugly rims after a few play sessions. They work at first, but then go back to those ugly rims.

I don't know if this is an issue with the 1.68a patch or not, but I don't remember this kind of thing happening before I installed the patch.

The rims in that picture, are NOT the ones that I installed, they're not the rims that came with the car mod.

I named the rim the right way to fit on the Corvette 71 slot where I put the car.

Corv_71_F_01.bnk

But the car is not using the proper rims, for whatever unknown reason, that car slot (no matter what mod is placed there), is now using the LT1 rims.

LT1_1_F_01.bnk

I did some testing, I went back to all default rims in that folder and placed the modded rims in one by one, and started the game with each new change. When I replaced the LT1 rims, they showed up on the car which is in the Corv_71 slot.

The only car installer that I've ever used, is the newest version of the Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic, I manually install all other cars or bikes. I even manually installed the older version of the Bugatti to the 300-SL slot.

Concratulation 2CV and Djay for this patch. I just found out about it and insttalled it.

Its a very well going timming as well for me because Ijust planed to reoranze all my mods I gonna use from fresh. A new database is the ideal to start with.

And the more traffic n all will make it more fun to play

Hi,

Great Work on this PAtch but i got a little problem. With path 1.67 i installed the Bugatti 57 and Facel Vega, but after installing 1.68 all my Buattis and Veas have disappeared and the dealer too?

Unlike other mods, patches 1.67 and 1.68 overwrite the DB.bnk file (and DB_Language files). This means that your old file was completely replaced, so yes, you did lose those cars (and any camera or physics changes you made using TDUPE or TDUMT).

Just reinstall them. :) This is why I always make a "patch" file, even if I just put a different camera on and change the gearbox type.

-Leadfoot

Okay I couldn't install that thing for some time so I went into debug. I had the same issue as Urban and probably couple of other people (too lazy to look at who exactly)...

So i have devised a solution - get rid of the file. And it worked.

Of course I did not get rid of it completely as it may have been needed so I've put it back now and will begin testing. Update asap.

Thanks for the patch, it works fine! The install process was successful, as it wrote in all messages. But I have a question. What kind of data your installer tries to add into a Windows registry? ModAndPlayDebug.log says: "Error when trying to fix TDU registry information.:System.Exception: Unable to fix registry for TDU. Are you administrator?" I haven't found any instructions about this in install.pch file.

Another special thanks for made possibility to install this patch without traffic changes. I hate colorful police... And now I can get it off away.

PS. The traffic seems to change a bit anyway...

PPS. After this patch all my cars became "unidentified" by police too.

I have problem. I tryied to install this patch and there was error: "Current patch can't be installed: patch was not applied as a critical error ocurred. Please contact Modding Tools support." I tried to install it about 50 times, and it still doesn't work. I have TDU 1.66A with MegaPack. Could somebody help me?

^Same thing

OK, i've got rid of the file. Same thing happened.

Then i've tried to do something stupid by mistake, you'll see it below. And it came out with a same problem

** 03.05.2010 9:27:04 ERROR

*** Exception > Unable to create edit task on BNK file: D:\Test Drive Unlimited Gold\Euro\Bnk\Database\DB_FR.BNK

** 03.05.2010 9:27:11 ERROR

*** Exception > Unable to create edit task on BNK file: D:\Braid 1.014\Euro\Bnk\Database\DB_FR.BNK

It seems like it just can't "see" the file. I'm running it as administator, as i have XP SP3 and i'm the only user on it.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It seems like it's not a problem with the installer. IT looks like something with my OS. As any of mod using modandplay utility comes out with same problem.

EDIT2: Fixed the problem. My TDU wasn't multi language, it was Russian only(replacing English it seems). So all other DB files was, i don't know, "different" or even empty, but just filled with some stuff so they can match filesize of normal DB.

So i found 1.67d patch on one site(doubt they had permission to have it there, but all links to it on oahu were removed due to 1.68 release, so thanks to them they did) and copied DB files from it. After this 1.68 and any other mods, that don't ask for your ingame language, intall perfectly.

So thank you guys for mod ;)