We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gamestar June issue says TDU2 to be on Ibiza & O'ahu!

Inspiflo

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gives me more trust that the 300SEL AMG 6.3 I guessed will also be in :)

Those pics all look very very nice, I just wonder how in that characterpicture they managed to collect 99 houses if there are only 61 to obtain (99/61, where the rest is collected/total).

Here's something i just thought about regarding the actual size of Ibiza in terms of how many miles of road (both dirt and tarmac) can actually fit.

the total area of Ibiza is 220.47 square miles, and Oahu is 596.7 square miles. In an area almost a third of the size of Oahu, how are they going to fit double the length of roads? I understand Oahu had some massive areas of forest, as well as mountaineous regions with no roads at all, but this info still seems to suggest the rumours of a second island may be true..

Info of this 4-page preview of Gamestar Germany #6:

- Two-island rumour confirmed: Ibiza has to share players with an improved and expanded Oahu. Oahu has been modified to fit better in this second Unlimited, and has many new roads, majority being new offroad routes. To get in Oahu you need to reach a certain level, as with Ford Island and the racetrack of TDU1. You'll travel by using an airport on each island. Completing Challenges, Cruise a lot, Collect many cars, houses and wrecks, and scoring on the Social aspects (friendcount, fellow clubmembers) is needed to reach that level. By trying to reach this with only 1 out of these 4 parts, it'll take longer before you get there.

- Houses are able to be explored on-foot by the players.

- Rain washes dirt and mud off the vehicles.

- Weather varies from sunshine and rain to grown-up storms.

- New vehicle confirmed: Lancia Delta Integrale.

- New handling/physics: shown by a demo-comparism between Audi TT (AWD) and Ford Mustang Fastback (RWD).

- New menu shows statistics of your character: the left side shows overall progression and characterinfo, the right side shows detailed progression on what has been collected, won, etc.

My free translation of that article. Included is the explanation what you have to do to reach the level where you can travel between the islands.

Someone said 175 cars? Only 175 cars? I was expecting more...

Hmm, yeah, I'm surprised as well. I mean 175 cars isn't a small amount, but it's not a huge amount more than TDU1. If they're going to add new cars like the Veyron and the Ferrari 458 Italia (hopefully!!) plus all the other cars that have come out since TDU1, they're either going to remove some old cars or not add many new ones! :eek:

118 cars?

how about bikes?

does that count the nissan 350z coupe and the 350z rtune power as the same car or two?

how about the alpha 3.2 - are the group e and group f performance packages two cars or one?

is the s281 a different car to the ford mustang gt?

sorry if i'm being picky or exacting but i'm looking for clear lines here... :s

My first thought was "Sweet!" then "Meh..", now I'm starting to wonder if they'll make the road network on Oahu more detailed as well as adding the dirt tracks. I'm personally not too bothered. I did off-roading in Test Drive Unlimited regardless of the fact that there were no off-roaders to use and there's only a few hills/mountainous areas I haven't been to the top of.

Two in one game. Can't be bad. If you don't want to go to Oahu in Test Drive Unlimited 2 then you don't have to I guess. You're not forced to.

Ahhh, now who's idea of a volcanic ash cloud in Test Drive Unlimited 2 seems stupid and unorthodox? :p

You know you want it in the game ;)