We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Feature Discussion: Exclusive Club Cars (Club-only cars)

superhyper

What do you think about club-exclusive cars?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about club-exclusive cars?

• Great idea!
    • Terrible idea!
    • Good idea, if we get a chance to buy them after we complete the game.

If you would like to ask question regarding this topic or discuss if it's a good idea or not, please do it here, and not in other threads.

What We Know

Certain elite cars, such as the Gumpert Apollo Sport and others (see the TDU2 Car list thread) will only be able to be purchased by clubs, after the club has reached a certain status level (achieved by possibly winning races against other clubs, or by getting a certain number of club members to join).

Some feel that the supercars in TDU1 were too easily accessible and not rare enough, while others feel that this idea will restrict them from driving the cars they want.

[+] Eden have heard the complaints about this feature and have a solution in mind. We haven't heard all the details, though.

You are welcome to discuss the pros and cons of this topic, but any posts that go offtopic or are rude will be deleted.

What do you think of them? I love the MP4-12C but when there are 20+ members in a club it might be pretty hard to get to drive it...and when you get it you get what? To drive it for 15 minutes and then give it to the next person?

So my opinion is that it's stupid.

I'm really not a very big fan of this.. It just seems to be a really awkward and annoying way of getting some of the best cars. Luckily I have live so hopefully I will still get to drive them but if I didn't I wouldn't be very happy about this. :eek2:

I thought it would be everyone in your club can drive one car each. But you have to pick it up from the club house. This way you can all be in the same club cars and go on a cruise.

If it's only one person that can drive it then that is a very strange design decision. I would not want to drive a car no one else can drive.

The idea of a club exclusive car is to get more clubs going I can see that but limiting one car to share is not going to work.

I thought we would be able to buy the cars from the dealership, but if we didn't have the money then we could get to use it exclusively from the club until we can afford our own...no?

For instance the Gumpert may cost a lot and for those new members they can reserve it, but for others they might still be able to purchase the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about those clubexclusive cars....

I assume that only clubs at a certain level (membercount, bankaccount, succes in inter-club races etc) get one of these cars. The cars should make people of other clubs jealous as they would be ''impossible'' to get.

But if there are thousands and thousands of clubs, and the game only contains maybe 10 vehicles, they turn out to be not thát exclusive... What do you people expect of this?

I think you're misunderstanding.

So what exactly do we know? We know that some cars will be "club-exclusive". Club exclusive > Exclusive to clubs > Only available to clubs.

Club exclusive just means those cars can only be bought by a club, not by a single player. It does not mean the cars are exclusive or rare. It means they are exclusive (/limited/only available) to clubs. No more, no less.

i'm sure the apollo is available in the garage exactly because its in single player mode. it will be not fair (also can be said "discrimination" for single player users). they cannot force you to play multiplayer.

also on the other hand they haven't built the club system, thats why its "sold" as a normal car.

have in mind that is not even alpha version, so expect many many changes.

From what I've read, clubs have to win races first, before they can upgrade their club house and buy exclusive cars.

Screenshots showing exclusive cars with others mean nothing at this stage. Developers can cheat, so to speak, to place any cars wherever they like. It also stands to reason, though I could be wrong, that if a club can buy a club exclusive car, they should also be able to purchase non-exclusive cars, which means that some of the screens that we've seen are of a garage at a clubhouse, not a persons house.

Since one profile is used both offline and online, I'm not sure if you can get these cars offline.

In the TDU2 Suggestions/Ideas section, I'll create a few threads for discussing various features of the game. There they can debate and new members can ask questions.

I'm not a big fan of the whole club exclusive cars idea and thats why I think we should be able to be in more than 1 club at a time. Not only could people then make a club all to them selves so they can only drive the cars, but some people just want to be a part of more than 1 club. Suppose I'm in a club with my friends, and lets say I love Ferrari's and there happens to be a Ferrari Owners Club someone made. In order to join it I would have to abandon my friends club! Now if I could be a part of more than 1 club then this wouldn't be an issue.

I also don't see the benefits of the exclusive club cars, sure some high end cars may become popular and common but why does that really matter? It's not as if you're forced to use them yourself, and there's a class system present in TDU1 which means you're not forced to compete against them either. All this will achieve is pressure to join clubs even if you don't particularly want to, to experience all the vehicles in the game, and the common cars will just be the best available below those exclusive vehicles instead not exactly a Ford Fiesta I imagine.