We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fabiens trip to Eden (Translated from TDU2.fr)

Camel

@Djey: well okay then :) sounds good if it will be in.

source[/url])

It would be a very stupid thing imo to put that oceansteamer in and not the far better performing ML, which also has an AMG version, or even more offroad capable, the G, which comes in three bodystyles (3door, 5 door and 2 door convertible) and álso has an AMG.

I absolutely can't see why a GL should be preferred over an ML63. The fact the Q7 is massive doesn't mean the GL is the only worthy competitor.

About the engine sounds, well, sometimes they say no news is good news, but I agree it could at least be mentioned.

Wow that GL is yanktastic! Anyway yeah I'd bet more on the ML63 being in than anything else. It's the main competitor to the X5, Q7 and Range Rover which all will hopefully be in.
Actually,the Ml would only really compete with the x5.The range rover,q7 and the gl crossover into full size territory.And although it isn't as quick as the ml,its not exactly slow.With a 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds it just as fast as the audi a6 4.2,and has been noted to be one of the best handling full size suvs.Yet it a offers low range,skid plates,and 2 locking diffs,so its not bad off road either. I a wouldn't be disopointed by it.

Anything can go offroad. I'm guessing it'll be the ML63 AMG, but I wouldn't count on the G55 NOT being in at the same time. Mercedes offers a few SUVs, the thing is a big SUV would be the GL class. Who knows, but glad to see Mercedes bringing an SUV as well.

Yet it a offers low range,skid plates,and 2 locking diffs,so its not bad off road either. I a wouldn't be disopointed by it.

Thing is, this is TDU. The offroad capabilities are largely void. Diff's etc won't come into it, it'll be what cars do people want to see that controls the included SUV's. Likelihood is they'll all be closely matched offroad despite their real world differences.

Trust me, there's nothing I'd like to do more than jump in the Range and batter all the competition. Sadly I don't see it being as simple as that.

If TDU1's American favoritism was anything to go by you'll find your Range being destroyed offroad by a Tahoe... on 26" spinners.

Thing is, this is TDU. The offroad capabilities are largely void. Diff's etc won't come into it, it'll be what cars do people want to see that controls the included SUV's. Likelihood is they'll all be closely matched offroad despite their real world differences.

Trust me, there's nothing I'd like to do more than jump in the Range and batter all the competition. Sadly I don't see it being as simple as that.

If TDU1's American favoritism was anything to go by you'll find your Range being destroyed offroad by a Tahoe... on 26" spinners.

Unfortunatly,your probably right.The off capiblity in this game will likly be discided by ground clearnce(in on road setting), approch,departure and break-over angles rather then there off road technology,advanced diffs,and low range gearboxs. Though I supose this will give suv such as the g55 amg and the hummer h2 an advantage,seeing how they don't depend on adjustable suspenion. I still can't see a tahoe beating a range rover.

Interesting question... I will ask Fabien about this point.
Got my answer :)

The reason is (and should be the same for game journalists who attented to EDEN's meeting),

this show was only about 4 cars and can't give sufficient clues about sound engine quality about the whole game. To avoid telling wrong facts and launching rumors (as the open beta - which is an error, see tdu2.fr's last article), Fabien is waiting for next meeting.

(as the open beta - which is an error, see tdu2.fr's last article)

Even when things are listed as an open beta I personally assume they will be invite only, but anyone can apply for an invite. When people say private I tend to think of a hand picked selection of people chosen just by the developers. So actually what Fabian said is what I was already expecting.

I still can't see a tahoe beating a range rover.

Lol, I'll admit that it was an extreme example.

The information wasn't wrong about the beta as it was said by an Eden employee, so even though not trusting what is said on the internet is a stupid thing to say, not believing it will happen until it does makes more sense as we all know things are subject to change.

Anyways, the situation needed to be clarified. That's your point of view, and not what other people may think about it.

Yes, and I wasn't having a go at you or Fabian. It was useful information for those people who jump to conclusions.