We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

*** Apply now for the TDU2 Beta *Phishing SCAM Warning*

iLLGT3

just tried it again, the same thing, they are gearing up for the beta

What was the message? If it's along the Line of 'Servers Unavailable' then it's pretty common. Are you on Xbox or PC? Server issues are less common on the xbox, but they have been known to be unreliable in the past (particularly in the first year of the game)

your not listening,,, ive got the game for xbox and pc, this is a new msg,, ive played the game since release im not a idiot

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is currently 2AM in Lyon, France (i.e. Eden's HQ) so I really don't think they'll be rolling anything out at this time of night. I might be pleasantly surprised in the morning, but it's unlikely.

Also, remember that the initial testing is limited to just 100 Participants, so don't get your hopes up. The figure will gradually expand but it'll be a while before everyone gets an invite

Edit: Care to tell us what the message actually says then? Yes, the servers are down, but unless it's actually saying 'Hi, we're going to shaft everyone who doesn't get into the beta, and make them wait for 3 months to play the new game' then I'm not going to take your word for it that you know exactly what's going to happen in the future.

i still think the emails will be out within a week

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've only read this and the last page of this thread, but couldn't the beta be any time between now and the start of September? Oh, and how far ahead of TDU was the TDU beta?

As for servers, they go down every now and again. Sometimes it means stuff, sometimes it doesn't.

-Leadfoot

;329229']Correct me if I'm wrong, because I've only read this and the last page of this thread, but couldn't the beta be any time between now and the start of September? Oh, and how far ahead of TDU was the TDU beta?

As for servers, they go down every now and again. Sometimes it means stuff, sometimes it doesn't.

-Leadfoot

true. i also received a new pop-up, like the white one when entering the game that says servers are down, but this one said that there was new content available and i didn't found any, i made a thread about it

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=19949

unsure if this should be a new thread or not, but anyway

apparently there is a phishing scam going on in which an e-mail shows up from Atarl

(notice the last letter " l " not " i ") regarding a Beta key.

of course they want you credit card number, name and address, to "verify" who you are

this first appeared at the tdu2 forums http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=6258

I know, updating the title was an awkward moment, because I feel people should see it, BUT I was dashing a lot of hopes of those who think the beta is out.

Guys, when it hits, we will make a new thread about it, because we re going to need to moderate away any NDA breaches

i have the feeling that Diablo comment might not neccesarily have to do with the beta. I mean, they wouln't risk it to test it on PC and PS3 and not on Xbox cuz what if then they have everything up and running on PC and PS3 and something goes wrong on 360. Plus there were no PS3 fans who deserve that more than the 360 players. Maybe some exclusive DLC??? Or 1-2 weeks of beta testing advantage????

This has probs been asked a million times and i think i know the answer, but has there been any word on when the beta's start? or if anyones been picked yet?

Also it's possable that the PS3 may get a little extra beta testing, as the PS3 is a new system to atari! Although i'm just guessing!

If a software developer knows he has a number of things to fix on his to-do list, he isn't going to release a Beta to everyone. When I write software, I test it myself, then get one or two people to try it out, and make sure no bugs are found before I release a Beta. If no-one else reports problems, I'll make it a stable release.

If Eden have 100 developers, then they potentially have 100 beta testers in house. Once they are all satisfied that the game is pretty much ready, then is the time to release a beta and test server load, before everything is finalised, DVDs are produced and shipped, etc, etc.

If you want to speculate about the beta, make it obvious to everyone that you are speculating. Posts that are written in a factual style with no valid source may be removed so that we don't confuse our members and visitors. Thanks =)

As of this second there is no known information about the Beta.