We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official System Requirements for TDU2

iLLGT3

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently have a 4870 but building a new monster :D

Intel i7 975 clocked to 3.5ghz cpu

ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard

Cpu+Gpu watercooling

12gb ram

2 GTX 480's

Total 12 TB HDD space

Creative X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY Soundcard

23" LED screen

Some 5.1 sound system

And ofc A G25+Racing chair :D

Tdu 2 will be a dream come true with this machine :)

Wow, are you kidding me :eek: I just hope I can play on medium with my dual core 2.3, 2 gigs of ram and 9600gt 1GB

I think most pc users today will be fine. It doesn't look like it requires too much GPU, but I doubt a 512MB will max TDU2 for PC at max. If it does, it means that TDU2 will require less GPU than TDU1 at max. Though it's possible, like Crysis 2 will probably require less than Crysis 1 and still look better, but I doubt it's the case for TDU2. A 1GB card should be enough.

CPU and RAM wise I guess between 2.0GHz - 2.2GHz and 2GB ram will be needed to max the game out.

isn't a GTX 280 big enough for you?

isn't a GTX 280 big enough for you?

For me? No, because my work requires a better setup.

The link/post was an answer to someone who wondered if he's computer was good enough, which it wasn't. He had an 256MB card. He probably knew that.

The prediction was ment as help for others, not for me. I knew my system was good enough.

A 280 is enough to play TDU2 yes, but when they recommend a 280 or better, it doesn't mean it will handle the game at full potential.

That they recommended a 280 or better was actually suprising since the visual graphics as I have seen so far isn't really that shocking. Because of that I doubt a 280 is enough to max the visualization to absolute. The drawing distance and the incredible details put in the game is probably the reason.

I really dunno the answer to your question since I haven't played the game yet. We will see when it's released. Maybe they will show something we haven't seen in the next trailer(s) or at E3, who knows...

Same here, new CPU and new vidcard. Somebody told me I should then also upgrade PSU and perhaps other stuff, I really get to found out how and what.

A lot for a game, then again not just any game.

Took a look at your PC spec's, seems to me you should meet the minimum requirements, no problems there.

Upgrading would be a GPU, depending on which one to buy (thus your budget) to top of the line ones would require a additional PSU upgrade. For the more "mainstream" cards your pc would suffice!!

If price is going to be an issue (mostly it is...) I recommend something in the line of an ATI HD4890/HD 5850, would be big value for money!

I agree with Bassmanic. The ATi cards are cheaper, very good, less fan noise (not all cards), a lot cooler temperatures and requires a lot less power consumption (PSU).

Are you looking for a card to use for all new high-end games for the next year or so and to play TDU2 at max (++), then go for HD5870 (or maybe crossfire). Do you want something cheaper (but still suprisingly good and supports Dx11. I think the cards are undervalued), then go for HD5450, 2x HD4850 ($230), HD5750 or 2x HD5750 ($260). Make sure you have a PSU to match your hardware (watts).

The new Fermi cards by Nvidia are also good. The downside to Fermi is that they uses a lot more PSU and they get very hot. In another hand, drivers just released has improved things a lot. Some says up to 20% performance for some games. That's much. If people wait another couple of months then I think the Fermi cards will improve even more, especially at PSU and heat wise.