We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Central at Eden Games Report & Impressions - Exclusive TDUC Screenshot!

Eudemon

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've known about that track since the end of March 2010 ;)

did anyone else notice the track-like looking thing on the map?? not sure if its a track a valley or a town but judging by the size of what looks to be the roads compared to the rest of the roads it looks like a track

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9141/pcg22af0rtrack.jpg

I did some searching on that race track figure. Anybody may correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looks quite a bit like Circuit de Catalunya.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Catalunya and http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9141/pcg22af0rtrack.jpg

It's TDU2's version of Catalunya. I've looked around, Catalunya's shape matches TDU2's the best, no other track does.

fuel would be a nice thing to have but i think they should have improved the environment if you ask me because the trees dont look really that good at all its almost like a tree from bf2 or something they could come up with a better looking trees and plants (atleast make it good as it was in tdu1)

and no we dont need any useless jacuzzi but the environment is a thing you see everywhere all of the time so i expect them to improve it

Each car will have it's own MPG figure, and then that gets affected by your driving style, and upgrades you install, etc, etc - so it's a little more involved than you make it out to be. There are formulas to work it out, I'm sure, just depends how many mathematicians are available at Eden.

Ye. Pricing, stock tankcapacity (since I doubt TDU2 has an accessory-list like NFS5 had), fuelconsumption at X speed/rpm/gear (do this in steps of perhaps 500RPM and 10 or 20 km/h) and the miles per gallon (or in EU liter/km often also written as xxliter/100km) would be the main thing.

Each car will have it's own MPG figure, and then that gets affected by your driving style, and upgrades you install, etc, etc - so it's a little more involved than you make it out to be. There are formulas to work it out, I'm sure, just depends how many mathematicians are available at Eden.

And that's the problem. In order to make it realistic, it would require a huge amount of work.. the gear your in, the speed, the amount of pressure applied on the gas pedal, the RPMs..

I would still like to see that feature on the race track as an option :D

i would be happy with just throttle relative to revs, plus they have already had it in there so nothing else would suffer.

all i do is cruise and i think thats what gave the first one so much replay attraction (for me anyway) so it would have added to the game rather than be boring.fingers crossed for the dlc then i suppose.

Really good!

If Eden want to know how Bikes should be in TDU2 (in terms of sensations and speed),they should just go on youtube and see some Speedfreaks Movie or Ghostrider/Turborider^^ Speedfreaks from germany really reminds me of RoadRash! :thumbsup:

i have a really bad feeling about this game... i really, really want it to be perfect, but from experience i know, that when the DEVs are concentrating on the social stuff, every time it ruins the game. they can spend much more time on handling, suspension and other stuff, that matters, not on jacuzzis, yachts, chat rooms and others. when i want to contact my friedns i can use skype or million other apps for communicating. i'm sorry, but i will spend my time, racing, cruising... is not that the point? i know, that this comm stuff improves game experience, but i see that 80% of the interviews are about social gameplay. that tells us, that they have bigger intrest in that. yes, its logical, because its modern and "cool" for the younger generation these days. i want detailed interiors (emotional control in aston martin, also inserting the key in the right place), i want nav with menu, car setup settings for the more hardcore cars (gumpert, koenigsegg), stuff, that inceases gameplay realism, not to invite my friends in my garage and chat about the spoiler of my lambo and to spend 1 hour in the clothing shop, because there i can talk with my friends.... i want adrenaline, nice police chases (like oldschool), fuel, and so on...

this is my opinion, cheers!

p.s. that's why one of the greatest driving games for me is NFS 1. exotic cars, with remarkable handling realism and feel, nice alpine places, nice cops....! This is the game!

Perhaps you forget that a massive part of the popularity and success of TDU was due to it's social aspect. And don't worry Eden know the game is a racing game first and foremore but they are also concentrating on the vasy amount of people who just drove around the island with their mates. Plus don't forget this game did draw a fairly decent amount of women into it's mix and they also want to play on that.

TDU/2 is not a clear cut racer as would be depicted by the genre, it's a a sandbox game in the literal sense of the word and to be honest the way I always describe it is Play it your way as that is exactly what you do.

And please watch your language.

PS if you think NFS 1 has great handling try it again, it's easy to be disillusioned with the past because of your own feelings regarding it.

Remember this is TDU, not GTR. Not everybody knows all settings etc and how to adjust it, same goes with NFS5, which, mainly for today's average NFS'er would be too difficult with that whole accessory list.

They listened closely to what we want (apart from the fuelthingy) and they said they made an entirely new physics engine which is also often mentioned. I'd say, wait for the beta with the (final) judgement.

i reckon even gtr is a bit arcady when you compare it to rfactor/nkpro/iracing:lol:

im with terzer, the more realistic the better.

also a few games do a easy tune hard/soft under/oversteer, im not sure about anyone else but i think another hardcore mode would be good, for the more focused of us.

i reckon even gtr is a bit arcady when you compare it to rfactor/nkpro/iracing:lol:

im with terzer, the more realistic the better.

ur right, it is. But I also think too much of realism would take lots of fun away. simbin kinda games were always in the golden middle and that's where I'm hoping TDU2 will be.

What you guys are trying to say is this... You would like to see forza in the tdu world with out the crazy tuning..... i dont think thats hard to pull off i guess people are just not smart enough to figure this stuff out. So we are stuck with what we have and i am cool with that as well.

One day i will own the rights to tdu and i will show you how it's done. but till then i am very happy with what eden and atari have done and i am looking forward to playing it.

What you guys are trying to say is this... You would like to see forza in the tdu world with out the crazy tuning..... i dont think thats hard to pull off i guess people are just not smart enough to figure this stuff out. So we are stuck with what we have and i am cool with that as well.

One day i will own the rights to tdu and i will show you how it's done. but till then i am very happy with what eden and atari have done and i am looking forward to playing it.

If I had the rights, hamsters would be priority number 1.

well.. actually.. the ultimate for me would be rfactor physics in the tdu world with all the crazy set up stuff, but you know what although its not going to be like that i think its going in the right direction, ive been playing games since pong and jet set willy, im often amazed at the progression in graphics and physics, tdu2 is so close to the mark it hurts.

the thing i wanted to say is, that most of the games with special attention to social gameplay end with many bugs, lags and unfinished (not developed identity ,character, idea, gameplay)... i think tdu is so popular, because it offers open world driving. personally that was always my dream for racing game (thats why i'm not a big fan of nfs, forza, GT...) i don't want to be stuck on a circuit with limited gameplay. i like exotic cars, cruising more than i like only racing on a circuit. it brings depth to the gameplay.otherwise the game is played for 2months and then it goes to oblivion. thats why Tdu is so popular and even after 4 years still played and enjoyed. almost every game has multi-player option. its not the feature, that brought so many fans.

TDU/2 is not a clear cut racer as would be depicted by the genre, it's a a sandbox game in the literal sense of the word and to be honest the way I always describe it is Play it your way as that is exactly what you do.
Thats why i like Tdu.

I'm sorry if i used wrong words (thats why i used "*")

as for Nfs1: its not the most realistic game in the world, but remember, it was released in 1994. it was one of the only games (even today), which had a proper understeer, you can actually feel the front end loosing grip. yes, it lacked oversteer, but hell, that game still makes me sweat! it demands proper corner entry speed, apex aiming for a good time and place (and braking caused heavy understeer). you can feel the weight of the car. and every car had a identity. It was released in 1994!!! :) not even these days we can get such good games! wonderfull game!

Sorry for the offtopic!

Cheers!