We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

OMG!!! Revan you made my day! Too bad the beta is only for PS3 and 360, I'm going to have to wait for a few weeks before I can get this for PC :D. I can't wait now. I had my doubts about getting this game, but if the SHO is in it, then I'll have to get it just for that :D. Is there a bigger grin than :D? I need one to express my joy right now :D.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dl'd it a few days ago, played it a few days ago... couldn't delete it quick enough.

Loved Burnout Paradise though, still do for that matter. Not sure what the hate towards it is about because apart from the same dev, these 2 games have little in common.

Surely it can't be any worse than WRC 2010 though :D

I've finally got around to downloading the demo of that, I quite liked it apart from the graphics (I played on the PS3 though, the PC version probably looks better). Still, with Hot Pursuit, TDU2 and GT5 scheduled for the next few months I'm not sure if I'll buy a copy.

Just checked the HP website, and the Super Snake finally was confirmed today.

But only one problem:

IT'S A COP EXCLUSIVE. :mad:

The whole reason I wanted to get NFS HP was to smash cops as a racer in the Super Snake, and it was even shown in a trailer as a racer.

This outrage might affect if I'm going to get the game at all, since I know I probably can't get the Limited Edition (where I can get the GT500 as a racer, but only with the LE, aka another attempt at EA scamming us all)

They can't just tease me like this. :-x

I played it earlier and I thought it was very good, I enjoyed it. :) I was expecting the handling to be really strange, however, it wasn't as odd as I was expecting. Considering i've disliked all the other NFSs i've played, this one is very good I must say, the best NFS i've played atleast.

I downloaded it, it's crap. I am talking absolute crap. The worst NFS game I have ever played. I am very disappointed after having such high expectations for it. EA have let me down once again.

You let your expectations get high enough for them to let you down? :p

I, at this time, have not tested the demo, but will the next time the PS3's on.

-Leadfoot

Played it again today, gah I just love it! Shaved 10 seconds off my time in Dark Horse (Now 1:04 :cheeky:) And tried to beat that for like 30 times without success :lol:

I'm sad they didn't put more powerful cars in the demo. Now I'll have to wait for the release to get my hands on them.

And the fact that this game has free-roam mode + photomode makes my wait even harder :(

I have read that too but its from the summer so it could have been changed. Good thing its in.

And you can actually turn your engine and lights on/off, love playing with that feature :lol:

I noticed you could change those control options in the demo, and I have a feeling its a hint at free roam since the demo only consists of racing so turning off the engine wouldn't do you much good.

So, to ease my no-games-pain, I preordered the limited edition. Same price as the regular and should come in my mailbox next week. Cant wait :D

Oh, and the freeroam has been confirmed to be available both online and offline, as cop and as racer :) (NFS official Facebook page has confirmed this in the last few days)

:odance:

From someone who supposidly had inside information that I read, take it for what it's worth, not confirmed by me:

Offline-solo free roam as a racer or cop with no damage no access to the overview map just your on-screen GPS.

As a Racer NO! AI cops in waiting or crusing to chase & bust you if you speed or smash into things (like MW or Carbon).

Online-supposidly you can free roam with a friend(s), where one/some can be a racer the other(s) a cop with damage, not sure if you get any bounty/bust points if a chase ensues?