We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

Whats with the overuse of convertibles? And SRSLY That piece of crap Crown Vic? I thought that thing would be dead in the ground.

Hate to add to the surplus of replies to that, but the Crown Vic's still used in real life as a police car here in the US. It's a piece of crap, yes, and why they don't buy Chargers I have no idea, but it's Johnny Law's ride of choice.

-Leadfoot

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;349451']...and why they don't buy Chargers I have no idea...

-Leadfoot

Vics are probably cheaper. I also read somewhere that some years ago Ford was planning to stop production of the Crown Victoria, Town Car, and Grand Marquis, however the police and taxi cab industry said they really wanted them, so Ford continues to make the Vic just for them. And old people in Florida.

However in Maryland there are a lot of Impala interceptors and around the nation there are some Charger cop cars lurking around...

Vics are probably cheaper. I also read somewhere that some years ago Ford was planning to stop production of the Crown Victoria, Town Car, and Grand Marquis, however the police and taxi cab industry said they really wanted them, so Ford continues to make the Vic just for them. And old people in Florida.

However in Maryland there are a lot of Impala interceptors and around the nation there are some Charger cop cars lurking around...

That "delay for cops and old people" thing was a few years ago - they finally stopped making them now.

Alternatives now:

Carbon Motors E7: (on that leaked list - cool!)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Dodge Charger:

1165469667-USA_Dodge_Charger_Police-L.jpg

Chevrolet Impala:

Crap!

Chevrolet Caprice: (Pontiac G8/Holden Commedore/Pretty Cool)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Ford Police Interceptor:

Can't find a picture right now, but it's like the Caprice.

-Leadfoot

I cannot wait for the Caprice to come here, it's going to be one awesome car. Caprice GXP here I come :drool:

Ford stopped making the Victoria!?! That's news to me. I've seen some shots of the 2010 Taurus as a police car. That's most likely Fords offering to our Police department.

Here's the Taurus Interceptor:

Ford-Taurus-Police-Car-1.jpg

And here's it's older brother :D:

taurus.jpg

That car list, although some of the cars won't suprise me if there in...I never Trust them, as 90% of the time there fan made!

For example, One for PreStreet that poped up alot always the Jag XKR, as it was in the Collectors edtion of NFS:Carbon, it was never actually in the game and hast been in a NFS since that!! And are they really going to add the Convertible or most cars?

Although some of the cars may not be driveable! The Traffic in the game are all licensed cars this time! So some could easly just be some of them!

But time will tell really!

I Would quite like a XKR and the Current Impreza STi Hatch(or the new Saloon edtion!)

I also agree with Calster in that this list smells like BS. The fact that there are so many convertibles when its not really needed (Probably more then TDU or MCLA ever had) and the fact that Kotaku seems to think it came from the official NFS forums makes the legitimacy of this list suspect.

Convertibles Will be in game! just seen this video of the Garrado Spyder, and that car on the right? The Porsche 918...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/videoshot.jpg

The 918 was annouced a little while ago, though i'd say! Also i think some official news on the list will appere, as the 'Car of the Day' thing there doing, well out of the announced cars, there nearly threw the list!

Whatch this sapce...

Not sure if this has been posted here before?

Min Specs:

OS: Windows® XP SP 3 (32-64 bits) / Windows Vista® (32-64 bits) / Windows 7® (32-64 bits)

CPU: Intel Core® 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ

RAM: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®

DISC DRIVE: DVD-ROM, 8 speed

HARD DRIVE: 6.5 GB

VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0 compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0 –compliant sound card

COMPATIBLE VIDEO CARD CHIP SETS: ATI® RADEON® X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series NVIDIA GeForce® 7/8/9/100/200 series

ONLINE: 2 - 8 players, 512 Kbps or faster

I wish everyone would stop complaining over the Physics of the game, it's not ment to be real! They have made that clear a number of times! For Real Physics i'll play GT5! :cheeky:

Anyways, Wounder if for a DLC pack they would make the Cars from Burnout Paradise? They made a Police car pack(every car, Excluding DLC, had new Ploce paintwork and lights) so it could be possable!

Of course people know NFS is arcade but they also know that NFS was never about all out arcade handling, in the original Hot Pursuit if you tried to take some of those turns at the speed they were doing in that video you would be in a fence, wall or smacking into a building and upside down. Not to mention the games were so much better before the nitrous boosts and such.

Of course people know NFS is arcade but they also know that NFS was never about all out arcade handling, in the original Hot Pursuit if you tried to take some of those turns at the speed they were doing in that video you would be in a fence, wall or smacking into a building and upside down. Not to mention the games were so much better before the nitrous boosts and such.

i never played the Original NFS's, I got into them after U2 as I got them as Xmas gifts(Excluding ProStreet,Shift and soon to be HP). So I dont know what there like!:( Although i'll agree with the Nos boosts!

I'd play NFS3 right now if the installer worked on 64-bit Windows or if I could be bothered setting up a workaround with a hack. I guess I'll just have to put up with using the NFS3 tracks on NFS4 :( :lol:

Aha, a reason not to change to 64 bit. xD

i never played the Original NFS's, I got into them after U2 as I got them as Xmas gifts(Excluding ProStreet,Shift and soon to be HP). So I dont know what there like!:( Although i'll agree with the Nos boosts!

You really need to try them, NFS 2-5 are some of the most epic games ever made. The soundtracks ... :drool: NFS II main menu theme anyone?