We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 months! Dang.

^^ word 9 months is one hell of a vacation :eek:

Since I'm not going to work there, then vacation must be the right word.

I leave in 10 days (early as hell, 04:40) and come back home to a fine polished and released TDU2 (hopefully) in May, unless I get stabbed and mugged by a ladyboy-gang :eek2:

;343877']Oh' date=' so the signed-up beta participants get exclusive items? Good for them! That's so nice, Atari - you give an exclusive play of the game to them, [b']and[/b] they get more stuff.

Here's an idea - give us the beta or give us exclusive content. Let us choose, because you are clearly too incompetent to make any decisions. Case in point - did anyone actually buy Alone in the Dark? I don't know about any of you, but I don't know anyone who has played it. I haven't even seen any ads for it, or seen it promoted specifically. I don't even know what it's about! And what was their excuse for not doing anything with TDU or TDU2? Oh yeah - they needed to finish Alone in the Dark (you can't even abbreviate it! AitD? Seriously?). Anyone know how many copies of TDU were sold versus Alone in the Dark?

Actually, Atari, here's another idea - get your priorities straight. We shouldn't need release dates for trailers or betas; you shouldn't be THAT SLOW. Work steadily on the game, don't cut funding, provide a steady flow of un-hyped trailers/screenshots, and send an email about whether you did or did not get into the beta.

I know they're not listening, but maybe we can all take a step back and look at the ridiculousness of the situation. :rolleyes:

-Leadfoot

Although its only a game and this isn't the end of world, this man has a point. +rep.

truth is they're making alot less of a mess of things than they were in the 80s and 90s :)

Atari now and Atari then are two completely different companies. The Atari we know now is a rebadged Infogrames, Old atari died pretty much with the Jaguar... /Tangent

On the subject of the delay, It's probably for the best, as it's a very competitive christmas this year, and not being on the kinect bandwagon would probably hurt them in sales to the casuals... and ofcourse more 'core' games like GT5, Driver, NFSHP etc. aren't going to help either.

Hopefully they'll use the extra time well. I mean, a few things i've seen reviewers comment on is the handling, the extra time could be used to tweak it (And have the beta testers evaluate it) as well as bring in some of the future DLC-Content, such as adding in motorbike physics from the box.

Yep, I'm an optimist still :P

Why is Atari giving beta testers, which supposedly haven't been notified yet, exclusive items/rewards? The way they phrased it leads me to believe that they have already notified the first batch of beta testers. The only way I as a company would feel liable to give the beta testers something extra, is if I told or gave them something which they are unable to use yet such as a beta key. Now that they've pushed the release date back further it's basically making them wait and stand idle. Other than that, I see no reason to give beta testers better incentive then testing a game that isn't even released to the general public yet or will be for quite some time.

Perhaps it could be as little as a special t-shirt for the character, or as much as a special car of a make and model nobody except betatesters will get (Lancia Beta...). Or it'll be something in between, like a special achievement (which shouldn't count for 100% completion!!!!). Look at America's Army 3, it has a ribbon (sort of achievement badge) for people who participated in betaprograms. They only get that, no special weapons or anything.

This delay is very disrespectfull to us loyalist's this kind of behavior should not be allowed not one bit. 4 years of waiting for nothing on the next installment of this game make it 5 now all the time and money people like us have spent creating our own tdu worlds,....waiting for sep 21 2010 only to be stripped away of such and honor makes me feel like a dumb person...How can atari and eden take us for granted like this. it's wrong!!!.....Now to the demands your beta will not start till November or December. i would radther get a new car pack for tdu1 than to wait for the beta thats probably 2 or 3 month's away just for making us wait so long and waist such time of our lifes in such away.:mad: