We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

Why did they cut it out? Licensing problems?:confused:

I'm assuming that was the issue. As we know from Djey and Dredgy's tools, they had many slots lined up for cars that were never added and cars that could never be added (namely, BMW and Porsche, due to their licensing issues). Given that these names are present regardless of license status, it's safe to assume that they just threw the names (and some of the cars) in before they got permission.

In the end, the RX-8 got the cut.

-Leadfoot

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you haven't, probably the same time to be honest. E3 2005 was when the game was first announced and that's when I got interested.

Don't spread margarine you can't handle with a butter knife old boy.

then we're all on the same boat. i was a PlayStation fanboy since i played TD 4 on PS 1 (and still have it a little scratched) and TDU was the only reason for me to migrate

;347062']I'm assuming that was the issue. As we know from Djey and Dredgy's tools, they had many slots lined up for cars that were never added and cars that could never be added (namely, BMW and Porsche, due to their licensing issues). Given that these names are present regardless of license status, it's safe to assume that they just threw the names (and some of the cars) in before they got permission.

In the end, the RX-8 got the cut.

-Leadfoot

Oh, ok. Thank you for clearing that up for me Leadfoot and Diablo.:)

Come on Atari! You've kept us so 'alone in the dark' that we're now using developments from 5 years ago (my my, time flies) to keep the TDU2 news section alive! :lol:

And this stuff with IGN's preview still not being shown... If that's due to an embargo I will not be happy! You can atleast try to butter us up after the delay with something that's been in the works, something like maybe showing off the new sticker editor by writing the words sorry across the back end of a Ferrari 458 or something? :p

Come on Atari! You've kept us so 'alone in the dark' that we're now using developments from 5 years ago (my my, time flies) to keep the TDU2 news section alive! :lol:

And this stuff with IGN's preview still not being shown... If that's due to an embargo I will not be happy! You can atleast try to butter us up after the delay with something that's been in the works, something like maybe showing off the new sticker editor by writing the words sorry across the back end of a Ferrari 458 or something? :p

you can be sure it hasn't failed only us, the users. IGN people can't be happy waiting for that hands-on. If they mentioned something like that it's because they were about to receive it. Atari/Eden made IGN and other companies look bad

I'm getting pretty fed up of not hearing anything to be honest. Before this announcement that we'd have to wait even longer for the final game we hardly heard/saw anything new and now people are on low spirits about it all they're continuing to remain hushed about anything new.

I know Lee posted on Twitter about more news coming... *clears throat* But judging from past experiences that could just be an announcement saying a proper announcement will be coming along... *cough*..

Meh, I don't care. I'm currently willing to forget about the game, infact I almost had despite coming on these forums every day. I know it's quite harsh but surely even one small update a week is do-able just to keep people going.

Don't hold back or anything Mellors. :lol:

Someone get him some beers stat!

Haha, well I am right though aren't I? I was looking forward to the F1 game more than TDU2 before the delay was even announced.

They could make it so much easier for themselves if they released a somewhat regular flow of news. Even if it's just a car a week or a picture or two. Instead of just saying "this is coming s**n", "we're releasing this s**n" and then doing sod all about it for months.

It's just a shame, they looked like they had the marketing side nailed after the first month or two but they've reverted back to their old ways.

/rant :p

I feel the same way. They could now announce a new car every few days or so if they would reveal all cars in TDU2, but there's so much other stuff we want to see and know about. Like so many games, they could release trailers specifically focused on one aspect, such as a trailer on the Co-op playing or the Tropical Island Reinforcement Units (the cops).

Some news is better than no news

Hey guy's i spoke with my friend that works at the #1 gamer store in america which is called gamestop and he told me the game will come out January 15 2011... He also told me that those that reserved their copy's will automatically receive a code to play the beta when ever it comes out. this is to make sure everyone gets to try out the beta here in the USA i don't know about the other country's.......... but it would not hurt to do some investigation on this situation.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=test%20drive%20unlimited%202

Not a good idea. Wasn't it meant to be a closed beta, selected on people who seriously want to help improve the game, instead of just playing it (and leaking everything of the game before release)?

And if they do the USA, they should do the other continents too.

Not a good idea. Wasn't it meant to be a closed beta, selected on people who seriously want to help improve the game, instead of just playing it (and leaking everything of the game before release)?

And if they do the USA, they should do the other continents too.

Well according to what he said it looks like atari thought it was a bad idea to just release the beta to just a few people when you can just put it out for the masses they will still get the feedback they are looking for plus we haven't heard any news on the beta in a while so this usally means changes are being done. You should check with your major gaming store to see if the news has reached them.

But that's the point. They were looking for serious testers to give serious feedback, now they'll actually just let the USA play it ahead of release instead of getting more people to give them feedback. And I already said, I'm sure the entire gamecontent will leak out way ahead of release, which will take away some fun.

I don't find it fair. They can allow more people into the beta, but not an entire continent. I'm sure it'll be waste of efforts, resources and time.

I understand what your saying CLR but do you remember how the demo was for tdu 1 was it was very limited to allot of things i remember their was a timer and only 3 or 4 cars that can actually be used. i am pretty sure that this will be the same case just with a lil bit more freedom since theres allot more to do in this tdu than the last and i believe other country's will have the same deal as america has. Not to worry i just got a hold of this now like i said do some investigation in your country's pre-order game store.<<<<<<<<<< Do remember this is only for those that have not registerd them selfs for the beta with atari.