We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry TDU has been a bit quiet. As the title has moved to next year we're working on a strategy... More to be revealed soon

Switching to a new strategy, are they? WOW! Maybe this next tactic will involve, I don't know, actually advertising the game?

C'mon, guys, you can do better than me. What do we think this "new strategy" is going to be?

-Leadfoot

Strategy: test patience of public

Goal: filter all loyal fans for beta-participation

Method: delay the development several times, with no view on ingame content for public

They shouldn't delay the game too much though, Q2 2011 is Portal 2 and Cargasm territory which are two games I need to get, at all cost (almost).

There's a 50 percent chance that this strategy will involve ex-lax, because it's likely to be a torrent of poo :p

on a serious note, I hope it's better, it couldn't be much worse... They should focus on what makes the game unique, videos have shown it's pretty, has some cool cars, is in a pretty place, does offroad tracks, has cops and that it has a social side...

But TDU isn't a pretty game, compared to F1 2010 and GT5, it doesn't have as many cars, in as much detail as GT5, Driver is in a cool environment, Dirt 3 has offroad tracks, and it does them better, NFS: HP has better cops and the social side looks like the sims... It's showing the wrong side of the game in all honesty.

TDU2 first and foremost, is massive, but this never has never been translated that well into trailers. It's not a racing game, it's a driver's paradise game. You choose your weapon, roll out of the drive, point your nose at the coolest looking road you see, then 'give 'er hell'. Very few people care about the fact the house is the most expensive in the game, they just care that it has 10 car slots and it's in a cool place... TDU is epic because it has so many environments in one. whether it's highway drives, mountain thrashes or b-road cruising that tickles your pickle, there's something for all, and it has the selection of cars to compliment that.

Grand Skyline 5's trick of having a worldload of cars is a trick everybody can do using just a few cars as base, and I don't see the fun of trying to complete the Daihatsu's Copen 0-100km/h within a century. Dirt 3 has gone commercial to satisfy American kids, it lost the entire atmosphere old Colin McRae's had because a guy in a energy-drink-stickered car is good at drifting, F1 2010 might look good but is boring because as a typical CM game it won't allow modded cars, and the game's content is extremely limited, to just one F1 season.

TDU2 is big stuff, yes, and as you said, Eden should put more effort into showing even more cool stuff of the game, that will surely get even more customers (unless they haven't finished those aspects properly enough in the game...)

"And it was said that the darkness and obscurity shall be awakened before or on when the sun falls away and hides from the black of night afore the time of a bakers dozen and the deadly number of sins minus one timed along with the period of one thousand four hundred forty justa's'"

Strategy: test patience of public

Goal: filter all loyal fans for beta-participation

Method: delay the development several times, with no view on ingame content for public

They shouldn't delay the game too much though, Q2 2011 is Portal 2 and Cargasm territory which are two games I need to get, at all cost (almost).

Dude the only reason beside the game it self that theres a delay it would be because of these reasons... # 1. hal reach, call of duty black ops, Gt5...............not because a lame game like portal 2 <<<<<<<Now thats funny.

So basically Who, you're saying the TDU2 trailers should be more like the TDU1 trailers? :p

The TDU2 trailers seem to be focussing on what has changed since TDU1, which is all good for us, but doesn't necessaryily promote TDU2 as a better game than all the others coming out in the next 12 months. Then again, what do we care - we just want to play it - if it wins a few awards then that's just a bonus for them (which is deserved).

The FUEL trailer had a high speed shot showing the largeness of the map - TDU2 could do something similar in a trailer.

So basically Who, you're saying the TDU2 trailers should be more like the TDU1 trailers? :p

The TDU2 trailers seem to be focussing on what has changed since TDU1, which is all good for us, but doesn't necessaryily promote TDU2 as a better game than all the others coming out in the next 12 months. Then again, what do we care - we just want to play it - if it wins a few awards then that's just a bonus for them (which is deserved).

The FUEL trailer had a high speed shot showing the largeness of the map - TDU2 could do something similar in a trailer.

Agreed, especially the last bit. Anyone play the Just Cause 2 demo, where at the end if plays that cutscene that zooms out from the player, then slows - and then zooms out ten times more, until the first part is lost? :)

That's what the TDU2 trailers should be. Remember the TDU1 trailer that used Blur's "Song 2" (Woo hoo! Something somethingsomesomething Woo hoo!)? That trailer is what TDU2's should be - two cars racing, then zoom out and back in one one cruising, then over to a police chase, etc.

I would love to try my hand at making a TDU2 trailer, but there's not too much material to work with. :rolleyes:

-Leadfoot

Red Faction guerilla did something similar with its demo too.

You are here, this is here *swooosh* can you still see here?

Also, i've just realised, there's only been about 3 times where we've seen actual gameplay... 2 were shots (both from the eden playtest) and the other one was about 2 seconds from the E3 party...

Kinda shocking really