We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

Atari/Eden will be happy only when we will pay them money. They don't care about strange community, who two month was praying for new info and now when they get it they started to report on each other.

The leaks are deserved by Atari/Eden due to lack of promised info. The word "soon" still is on the main page of the official site.

Atari and Eden are companies, a company makes money, fact of life.

Yes, they have neglected us, but the only reason they show us stuff in the first place is to entice us into buying the game when it eventually comes out.

Even though they probably don't want it to happen, they will gain publicity from this, and from the comments, it seems they are getting good publicity, which is lucky, because equally, they could have had bad publicity from people looking at an unfinished product, and making judgement on the final game from it.

I'm not trying to defend Atari, but from a business perspective there's a lot at stake here, playing to the demands and curiosity of gamers doesn't make money, but showing them a high quality product they will want to buy does.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO yeah Atari isn't doing anything, good one guys. I admit and agree that their ways of handling the publicity and giving information is shocking but in no way does it make up for those of you (and it's always the same lot who do so) who have abandoned the trust given to you by Atari and Eden to be a part of the Beta testing community.

You idiots don't realise that this can set back the game even more, no you guys want your Internet fame and in doing so don't realise that Atari and Eden may have to go in another direction to what they planned to curb the unofficial info and such being talked about all over.

The communication was coming but you guys couldn't go even 1 day without having to leak out media and thus you may well have just brought upon more misery to the community rather than helping it, but do you realise that? Hell no!

Again I fully agree the communication and information giving has been crap, dire and abysmal these last few months but all the same this is not the way to get your revenge and it sure as hell will hurt certain regions in regards to Beta testing in the long run.

Yeah, you right about users and regions will be banned from beta, and they deserve it as well. But what the point to ban all leaking video and pictures and discussion about it? That doesn't help atari, that doesn't help your site. For some strange reason videos and game details are not discussed here, but banned. All I see here is "we want Atari happy".

Long time ago there was leaked pictures from WIP that helped this site and tdu community to stay afloat, and nobody complain about it, and nobody erased this pictures to keep Eden happy. What happened since then?

Yeap it's sad must to be honest I kinda expected it. No matter how careful you are, there are always someone who just has to spoil the party at a cost that everyone, not just him has to pay.

Yeah, you right about users and regions will be banned from beta, and they deserve it as well. But what the point to ban all leaking video and pictures and discussion about it? That didn't help atari, that didn't help your site. For some strange reason videos and game details are not discussed here, but banned. All I see here is "we want Atari happy".

Long time ago there was leaked pictures from WIP that helped this site and tdu community to stay afloat, and nobody complain about it, and nobody erased this pictures to keep Eden happy. What happened since then?

People who are in the beta have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement which is a legal binding document. Telling us things about the beta is breaking that contract and is considered breaking the law. That and the fact that we on this forum actually have a relationship with Eden is why you can not post those things here.

The pictures that were posted a long time ago were just rumors and nothing official.

well, for those who say Atari doesn't care about us and we shouldn't try and help them as much as we do, just remember that Atari paid all expenses for Our own tame administrator to preview the game.

We have a good relationship with Eden, and that could extend beyond just previews to other things in the long run. there is no point spoiling that relationship for things as trivial as people getting impatient

People who are in the beta have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement which is a legal binding document.

That's probably true, I'm not in the beta and can't say what they signed or not. But that's their problem, they will be banned, they know what they doing. But we don't signed anything, we can discuss this details, can we?

We have a good relationship with Eden, and that could extend beyond just previews to other things in the long run. there is no point spoiling that relationship for things as trivial as people getting impatient

Well, if Eden or Atari really ask you to ban all discussions of the leaked info... Then bad for you site. But I for some reason don't think so. May be you need to ask them about?

That's probably true, I'm not in the beta and can't say what they signed or not. But that's their problem, they will be banned, they know what they doing. But we don't signed anything, we can discuss this details, can we?

We're discussing it right now aren't we? We just don't post that material out of respect for Eden and Atari. As Who said, proving that we can respect the NDA, and not be a hub for leaked material, we can possibly build a relationship in the future where they may give us information before others, or us exclusively, due to our reputation for respect and honour.

Well, if Eden or Atari really ask you to ban all discussions of the leaked info... Then bad for you site. But I for some reason don't think so. May be you need to ask them about?

They never asked us to not discuss it, just read what I said to your first comment.

We're discussing it right now aren't we? We just don't post that material out of respect for Eden and Atari. As Who said, proving that we can respect the NDA, and not be a hub for leaked material, we can possibly build a relationship in the future where they may give us information before others, or us exclusively, due to our reputation for respect and honour.

They never asked us to not discuss it, just read what I said to your first comment.

I see. So you just lick their asses in hope to be selected for betatest. And they even don't guess about it. Nice.

Well, then good luck.

well, for those who say Atari doesn't care about us and we shouldn't try and help them as much as we do, just remember that Atari paid all expenses for Our own tame administrator to preview the game.

I see. So you just lick their asses in hope to be selected for betatest. And they even don't guess about it. Nice.

Well, then good luck.

Did you even read Who's post? We already have a relationship with Eden and a few people who work there are registered members here. Proving to them that we can respect their work could give us more exclusive looks like the one that Diablo had.

It's all about respect, not keeping anyone happy. The Beta is under an NDA and we respect this, just like how we don't talk about non-legit means of acquiring the game and such, it's about respect and nothing more.

You think I'm not pissed off at the lack of information and such coming out about the game, I am but I also heard that the info flow should be resuming again this month. How the Beta leaks will affect this I don't know but don't for any minute misconstrue that I don't realise how damn annoying and somewhat disrespectful the community has been treated in regards to TDU2 info and media.

I was browsing around google images and came across a map of Ibiza for TDU2, I know we've all seen it before, but upon closer inspection, I spotted what appears to be a racetrack, I've never seen it before, but maybe some of you have, but its worth a post anyway.

- map -

Yea, as soon as the picture appeared for the first time people (including me) noticed it, very clearly visible as it is on the map. Just like I said back then, I still think Catalunya is the closest counterpart in real life.

Ugh...bye?

lol

_____

Attention: Serious Discussion

Diablo, I would +Rep you for your post on the previous page (ha, see, I checked the page number before posting this time :) ), but I think your covered. And that would dull the point anyway.

I know I've changed my opinions rather obviously ( :rolleyes: ) as far as Atari/Eden is concerned, but I do agree that these leaks are bad. Why?

I just got my learner's permit, and for the next month or two, I'll be playing very little of my racing game collection - and probably not adding to it either. So it'll be difficult for any developer to take $60 of what has now become my gas money, especially for a game that contradicts what I'm learning. After coming across a beta video, it's becoming clearer and clearer that TDU2 may not be worth that cash. And that's coming from me, a die-hard TDU fanatic. Imagine the people on the fence from all parties; people who play sim games and love the interior view, people who love open world games. If they come across these videos and forget that its a beta and forget that it isn't out for months, it'll slide off their radar, too.

President Lincoln led the US through a civil war, and when he was elected, he chose his advisors from both his opponents and his allies. By doing this, he aimed to get opposing views on all important issues, and if you are in the beta, please try to do the same before you upload pics or complain on the forum.

-Leadfoot

What we have to keep in mind is that the game is many months away from release. From now and then, many things may happen. I highly doubt that every setting is tweakable, so maybe later they will include different driving modes with no assists, which could simulate the Hardcore mode from TDU1. I myself chose this game because I was an avid fan of the Midtown Madness franchise. It was great for it's time, it had interior's, traffic, and many of the games mechanics were easily modifiable. As the game aged, and many things became unavailable, the charm of it soon began to wear off. This is why I went searching for a modern game with better graphics, an open world, and a realistic driving simulator. I chose TDU for those reasons. If TDU2 fails to deliver on the realism front, I don't know what I will do. Sadly, if TDU2 fails to impress me by the time Q1 rolls around, it's the only game which allows open world cruising. I've tried it with GT4, it isn't the same... It might be my only choice. Other than waiting till I get my own car, and become able to drive whenever I want on a more daily basis.

i found more vids but i know i'm missing some too

Anyway... IF this was leaked by a user then Atari asked for it.

Can this be negative for TDU?? Yes because people will see things that won't be that way in the game and can get disappointed.

Can this be positive?? Yes because they haven't promoted the game for more than a month now. Real fans don't forget but what about possible future fans, they saw a couple of vids and then the game dissapeared so they move on to another game.

Were this leaks by a user??? Not neccesarily. I'm not saying this is the case but you guys don't see this is free promotion, and we are talking about lots of money they don't have to spend. Who knows, maybe this was the promotion so expected this month.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!.. That veyron gameplay looks amazing holly mole what a beauty.

r u serious?? since everybody's talking about it i'm gonna assume i'm not traspassing the red line. i haven't seen this one :crying: