We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Patch HD v1.0

2CV SUPER GT

Increase environnement objects making it appears more far!!

ta3n1h.jpg

Authors :

- Author : 2CV SUPER GT

- Tools : Djey

- Auto Installer: Djey

- Testing : Djey / 2CV SUPER GT

HOW TO INSTALL OR UNINSTALL :

1 - Extract the following folder "TDU_PATCH_HD_1.0.rar" on your desktop.

2 - Open this folder.

3 - Double clic on "PATCH_HD.exe".

4 - You have to verify TDU install path.

5 - Clic on the blue arrow.

6 - Clic on the green arrow called "NEXT".

7 - set your install :

TDU = original game setting. You can use it as an uninstaller.

SD = all the the objects appears more far as possible in the level of details "medium", or their only one level of details in the case there is not other (levels of detail "low" disappears).

HD 100 = same as SD but level of details "high" are remanied to appear until 300m.

HD 300 = same as SD but level of details "high" are remanied to appear until 900m.

HD 500 = same as SD but level of details "high" are remanied to appear until 1500m.

HDU = all the the objects appears more far as possible in the level of details "high"

8 - clic on the green arrow called "INSTALL".

9 - The mod must to be successfully installed.

We can't be held responsible for issues in your game. So be warned!

Modification, convertion and upload are not allowed!

DOWNLOAD LINK

Have fun!

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 1024w or 768h and more than 350Kb. Resize or use a thumbnail instead, thanks!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, thanks mate. I am using the 'HDU' makes it 100% better, only thing now would be the hill quality. :cheeky:

:) True!

But that would be quite complex as there are 2 factors to be considered:

1. I think Geometry detail cannot be changed. (It looks quite lame when far away coastline is only a few polygons, or far away mountains are simple triangles.)

But I guess the island is divided up to different sections (or "levels" if you like) that are loaded in real time when you get near them and these cannot be just set visible by distance view setup.

2. And distance map texture quality. (Maybe this can be updated with higher resolution map textures somehow)

Anyway it's a very nice mod, I like that the "uninstall" feature is also implemented, however I don't understand the description:

SD = all the the objects appears more far as possible in the level of details "medium", or their only one level of details in the case there is not other (levels of detail "low" disappears).

LOL WUT? I cannot comprehend it.

It's awesome, but too resources consuming. I'm using illusion's island paradise with 2d nature v5 and on HDU my FPS dropped from 80 to 20 (on vulcano looking on valley and that's not acceptable for me, I've also tested other versions but I've found them pretty useless for me with 2d nature high trees, becuase I don't see that far anyway :) But if I wouldn't use any other enviroment mod - then I would use it for sure :D

Have you guys checked if there is anyway to make traffic cars visible on more distance? Cheers!

LOL WUT? I cannot comprehend it.

There is 3 level of detail for each object called H (High), M (Medium) and L (Low)

Some object have only 1 form (H), some other have only 2 forms (H & M).

In SD mode,

L object disappear

I ve modifyed all M object to be able to appear until San Francisco

Same for 1 form only objects.

so you will seen all the objects in SD mods at any distance, but distance LOD (=Level Of Details) fo H objects will be the same as the original game.

SD is the better optimization.

Sorry my english level make me cannot explain you more if you do not understand.