We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that news man. I got some news which took me aback today, haven't really processed it yet.

Basically my mum has been having trouble with the vision in one of her eyes the last couple of months and it's been getting slightly worse all the time, she went to see a doctor and he couldn't figure out what was wrong so he decided to book my mum into hospital for a scan. Bear in mind she's had scans before for other things. This time the scan revealed a growth. I'm not sure where abouts exactly, it's not in her brain, but it's close enough to some nerves which, if untreated, I was told could leave her deaf and in a wheel chair in a couple of years. Apparently it isn't the big C, but it still needs getting rid of. Apparently there will be no scars because the operation involves access to the area from behind the ear. Radiotherapy is an option but will take months and may not even work. So she's had to cancel her annual holiday to India in September and has been told she needs a minimum of six weeks off work before only going back part time to begin with. Apparently her boss is very understanding and says she can come and go when she wants and can have whatever time off she needs to be comfortable which is good.

Don't know what else to say, I'll probably wake up in the morning and it'll hit me hard. My step-dad has been tryin to phone my sister, but due to a previous feud my sister won't speak to him, little does she know how serious it is and I wish she'd stop acting the way she does because she feels she has to be right all the time. She's 24, you'd think she'd be able to forgive and forget something which wasn't even that big a deal in my opinion.

Thank god it was caught in time before it did any more damage, and if it's not cancer then atleast there's a positive to it. I understand what a fued in the family can be like, but age definitely doesn't have anything to do with it. My aunt and uncle lived next door to eachother and wouldn't speak over a stupid argument from decades ago. Even when he was on his death bed she still never went to see him. Hopefully you's can sort it out asap. Good luck with it all.

Ex-boyfriend is dying of cancer, he won't be alive much longer. Needless to say we've said what we need to now we're just waiting.

AND the current boyfriend (who isn't but w/e) was just in the hospital for having collapsed lungs.

And now I have the flu.

The end.

Sorry to hear Clarence, hopefully karma will make up for all the bad soon. I like to believe that anyway. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Got home from work and discovered that my grandpa and grandma (both Dad's side) are in hospital. Don't know what for, guess I'll find out if he gets home before I go to bed. He must be pretty bloody worried/upset on the inside now though...

Tomorrow they'd be saying they got slapped. :lol:

Once I got slapped really hard by one of my friends just because she thought it was funny, I had a massive hand print on my face for like 2 days. Then there was the time I got slapped by another girl for saying good morning... :susp: weird creatures they be...